Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by 21H21J
I've booked AMS-IST-ALA in business and am able to select seats for AMS-IST , but not for IST-ALA. When I select the second flight I get a greyed out view of the economy seat map with "No suitable choice available for the flight."

Any ideas?
I have the same issue...anyone know what's the cause may be?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I had the same issue a while ago, I tried to reserve my seats via the mobile application and it worked perfectly and I was able to see my seats on the MMB section of the TK website.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I have the same issue once my reservation updated to 788. I cannot change seat selection (the old one from the 332 stuck) not in the app and not online.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Here another one:
On my reservation (in Business Oct 2019) Central Europe to IST to DPS and return
I can only edit the segment Central Europe to IST to Central Europe but not the long haul segment IST to DPS to IST
in the mobile App or the iPad App or the regular TK website. Is anyone seeing a similar behavior for their itinerary?
Thanks ;-)
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
Here another one:
On my reservation (in Business Oct 2019) Central Europe to IST to DPS and return
I can only edit the segment Central Europe to IST to Central Europe but not the long haul segment IST to DPS to IST
in the mobile App or the iPad App or the regular TK website. Is anyone seeing a similar behavior for their itinerary?
Thanks ;-)
Yes, same thing for my DPS booking. I called the hotline to reserve seats - and of course, the hotline looked at some bogus seatmap of the 787, but definitely not the correct one.
The agent repeatedly told me that D&G on the 787 have an aisle in between (which is obviously wrong) but I just told him to forget about sitting together and book the seats anyway... I know they will be together
cloudzocker likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Here another one:
Thanks ;-)
yes, same issue on same route in 4 weeks. There was a seat map very briefly some months ago and I allocated from that but since then nothing. It doesn’t really matter as long as I get a bed for the night.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Seat selection in J has been strange for me. Some work on website, but not on the app and some require the call center dance because nothing else works.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Here another one:
Thanks ;-)
Currently, flights operated with a 787-9 are not eligible for online seat selection and online check-in. Seat selections must be done via the call center/local sales office and check-in must be made at the airport. It's because an IT glitch which does not project the 787 seat map to their website and their mobile application. However, it's highly possible that the issue could be solved until Oct 2019.
cloudzocker likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Thanks a lot for the insight @ISTFlyer!
Just updated my seats by calling the Turkish Elite Hotline with a good English speaking, competent and friendly agent.
The call took me 2 minutes with zero wait time. ^ thumbs up!
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: TK Elite
You can also reserve seats on the 787 via Twitter though they're kind of annoying telling you you can do it online. It happened twice I had to insist it's not possible to do it online for them to change my seat...
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks a lot for the insight @ISTFlyer!
Just updated my seats by calling the Turkish Elite Hotline with a good English speaking, competent and friendly agent.
The call took me 2 minutes with zero wait time. ^ thumbs up!

The call center is really helpful when reserving seats.

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
You can also reserve seats on the 787 via Twitter though they're kind of annoying telling you you can do it online. It happened twice I had to insist it's not possible to do it online for them to change my seat...
No surprise, I’ve seen that the Twitter team responding people with false or unupdated information. Even once, I’ve seen them responding the same question with conflicting answers to two different users
AirCanada881 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Do TK overbook business class.
My daughter doesn’t have a seat allocated on our 787 flight to DPS. I called the miles and smiles elite line but they couldn’t help. They said check at airport.
looking at flight it’s full!
there are 4 of us. 3 on one pnr and my daughter on her own
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by binman
My daughter doesn’t have a seat allocated on our 787 flight to DPS. I called the miles and smiles elite line but they couldn’t help. They said check at airport.
HUACA. Probably the agent didn’t know how to handle the situation. Seat reservation is possible via the hotline until 48 hours of departure ( Worked multiple times on a 787-9 flight ).

Saying specific seat numbers to the agent could help so I would check Expertflyer first and ask for a specific seat.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by binman
I believe this might be related to the 787. The hotline still looks at the wrong seat map. I had the same issue. The hotline sees a seat map with some rows having only 2 seats (i.e. 1-1 config) which is obviously wrong. I spoke with an agent 2 days ago.
Probably all the seats they can *see* are taken, but there are other seats for sure
I would suggest to call again in a few days/weeks, depending on when your flight is.
Sinter likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: AA PPro
So if the plane is now flying regularly, how has this seat map issue not been resolved? Surely they are not flying these planes half empty because the computer system doesn't show the correct amount of seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.