Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by lsquare
Can someone here confirm for me that TK166 from Istanbul to Hanoi on October 19, 2018 is full? Yesterday, I was not able to select any seats for that flight unless I paid for the two available seats, which are in the middle of the aircraft. So I called TK and the rep said the system won't let her assign a seat for me. She told me to just wait or go to the airport. I checked ExpertFlyer and apparently the flight is full for that day. A couple of hours later, I used my ticket number to check the flight again and now I can select the two seats in the middle of the aircraft for free. I would prefer a window seat. So is Expertflyer correct that the flight is full? What can I do now to get that window seat especially for a 9h30m flight.

Thanks!
I checked on BCD and that flight looked pretty open, even showed J4 X6. Strange that it would differ from Expertflyer.

Even if a flight is pretty full, many people don’t pick their seats in advance, so you should still get a choice.

Something else (IT related?) must be going on here.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Oct 4, 2018 at 8:04 am
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:12 pm

Hi. I’ll be flying soon a 12h flight on TK A333. I picked up a seat in row 38 (last row) since I like to sit in last rows... I was wondering if there was a crew rest area on TK A333? If not, are last row seats assigned to crew, and in that case can I be « bumped » from my seat and assigned another seat at checkin ? Thx
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:25 pm

Is the PNR different from the booking reference code? You can check that on the Aeroplan mange rewards page, it shows the reference codes for each airline instead of having to call for it...
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
What seats would you recommend for DEL-IST on the special 777? I am going with my uncle. I'm tempted to choose row 24 but I'm going to try to upgrade at the airport so maybe one of the rows in the back with just two seats is okay since TK doesn't refund seat fees?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by slickvik
What seats would you recommend for DEL-IST on the special 777? I am going with my uncle. I'm tempted to choose row 24 but I'm going to try to upgrade at the airport so maybe one of the rows in the back with just two seats is okay since TK doesn't refund seat fees?
That sounds like a good plan if you’re hoping for an upgrade at check in. FWIW, I much prefer the doubles in the back.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Jan 2, 2019 at 5:06 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by westw
Hi. I’ll be flying soon a 12h flight on TK A333. I picked up a seat in row 38 (last row) since I like to sit in last rows... I was wondering if there was a crew rest area on TK A333? If not, are last row seats assigned to crew, and in that case can I be « bumped » from my seat and assigned another seat at checkin ? Thx
If the aircraft is an A330-300 you won't be bumped from your seat as they have a crew rest area. But, if it's an A330-200 ( usually flies on Atlanta, Bogota, Caracas, Havana, Panama routes ); you may be bumped out depending on your seat.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Does anyone have any information on business class seat selection on new 787 routes. I have s booking from IST to DPS but cannot currently book seats.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by binman
Does anyone have any information on business class seat selection on new 787 routes. I have s booking from IST to DPS but cannot currently book seats.
On TK flights, seat selections open 100 days before the flight. That's why you wouldn't be able to prebook seats.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold

787 Seat Map for IST DPS AUG 19

Last edited by binman; Jan 9, 2019 at 2:39 am
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by binman
I've also booked IST-DPS (TK66) in August and have an allocated seat, forward window, as preferred. This was done automatically by UA when I booked the flight with MileagePlus miles.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
On TK flights, seat selections open 100 days before the flight. That's why you wouldn't be able to prebook seats.
Isn’t it 355 days for business class as per the Wiki? I had no problem 6 months in advance.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
I'm flying TK in a couple of weeks for the first time and am seated in 7K (window) on a 77W. Is it reasonably easy to exit if my seat mate is reclined ?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I'm flying TK in a couple of weeks for the first time and am seated in 7K (window) on a 77W. Is it reasonably easy to exit if my seat mate is reclined ?
You may need to jump depending on the position that your seat mate would rest. In a full recline, it's definite that you would need to jump or wake up your mate.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You may need to jump depending on the position that your seat mate would rest. In a full recline, it's definite that you would need to jump or wake up your mate.
Thank you. I hope in the future they reconfigure their 77W seats to something similar to their 787s.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: Some, not all.
I've booked AMS-IST-ALA in business and am able to select seats for AMS-IST , but not for IST-ALA. When I select the second flight I get a greyed out view of the economy seat map with "No suitable choice available for the flight."

Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.