Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the My Flights section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by michlflyer
As far as I know, there isn-t as yet an online option for this. The only way is to try and ring the call centre.

OK, thanks for the reply. It appears I will get that hold music stuck in my head again....
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by dakuda
OK, thanks for the reply. It appears I will get that hold music stuck in my head again....
You don't have to call IST, instead you could call your local office (if there is one). The music was amusing.

I booked my flights for late Oct. on thy.com and they told me when I can pick my seat.

For long haul is 100 days before departure, and for intra Europe flights it 7 days before departure AFAIK.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
After reading this thread I called asap to Istanbul to get a good window seat for my IST-HKG Comfort Class flight. No queue, no on hold, the guy in the 24h reservation center was service minded and prompt for my requests ^. Im surprised positively; although in near future customer should be able to reserve his/her seat online like I do with LH, SQ and other. But Im happy now, got best seats...
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
After reading this thread I called asap to Istanbul to get a good window seat for my IST-HKG Comfort Class flight. No queue, no on hold, the guy in the 24h reservation center was service minded and prompt for my requests ^. Im surprised positively; although in near future customer should be able to reserve his/her seat online like I do with LH, SQ and other. But Im happy now, got best seats...
In year 2012 calling the airline(who markets itself Europe's best airline) for seat assignments is simply not acceptable.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by joorinainen
In year 2012 calling the airline(who markets itself Europe's best airline) for seat assignments is simply not acceptable.
Yep - online services are easy to create, but their hard product is good however.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Short-haul "intra-Europe" seat selection in Y

This is my first time buying a regular Y class ticket from IST to European destination. I read somewhere here that you can select seats 7 days in advance. Or is it possible to call them now? (It's just such a nightmare talking to TK reservations.) Can one select an exit row in advance? I am *G if that helps. On TK domestic they are good about putting elites in the front of the plane where they have better seats.

If I put the TK PNR into the website then I don't see any seatmap link. I actually bought the ticket on UA's website because it was much easier and no service fees.

I've done Y booking class short-haul in eco (in combination with CC long-haul) and then I recall selecting a seat during booking. Luckily I managed to upgrade these flights.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by gnaget
This is my first time buying a regular Y class ticket from IST to European destination. I read somewhere here that you can select seats 7 days in advance. Or is it possible to call them now? (It's just such a nightmare talking to TK reservations.) Can one select an exit row in advance? I am *G if that helps. On TK domestic they are good about putting elites in the front of the plane where they have better seats.

If I put the TK PNR into the website then I don't see any seatmap link. I actually bought the ticket on UA's website because it was much easier and no service fees.

I've done Y booking class short-haul in eco (in combination with CC long-haul) and then I recall selecting a seat during booking. Luckily I managed to upgrade these flights.

Do a dummy booking on thy.com and see if the seatmap is showing. If yes - you can select seats for the particular flight by calling/emailing callcenter or sales office.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know if TK now blocks bulkhead seats and the 2 seats rows at the back of their 777?

I called TK today to get seat assignment for me and 3 kids, and they told me that those seats are gone (seat map opened yesterday) and it's very strange that they are all gone.

I'd very much like the 2 seats row because I can easily get to my kids and they don't have to sit next to strangers.

Right now I have them in a row of 3 and me in the middle row aisle. It's ok but it's not easy to get to the one sit by the window.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:13 pm

AFAIK, they seems to block bulkhead seats in B777 (reserved even in Comfort Class when seat map opened 100 days before flight) and maybe those last rows have already booked by pax from call center?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
AFAIK, they seems to block bulkhead seats in B777 (reserved even in Comfort Class when seat map opened 100 days before flight) and maybe those last rows have already booked by pax from call center?
I don't think TK used to block any seats - we used to get bulkhead everytime we call the call centre.

The last rows could also be blocked because AF blocks them by default. They call those seat Depotee seats.

I called office in HK because they seem to be able to do the same thing as the call centre people in IST. Calling IST is a hit and miss.

Just called IST call centre and I got the last 2 rows

Last edited by nacho; Jul 31, 2012 at 4:32 am
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I don't think TK used to block any seats - we used to get bulkhead everytime we call the call centre.

Just called IST call centre and I got the last 2 rows
Yes youre right, checked it from my flights. Bulkhead seats are available if you just call to IST 24h line 100 days before departure.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I was able to pull up a seatmap for a dummy booking (intra-Europe). The exit row looked like it was blocked and 4 of the seats in row 4 (first in eco) were occupied plus one further back.

Called TK and agent told me call back 7 days before the flight. I am about 30 days out now.

Are TK *Gs able to select seats or how do you explain the handful of seats selected? I checked another flight the same day and also found a handful non-exit seats taken.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:58 pm

Seats info

Hello, i booked my tickets with turkish airlines through agent, i am travelling in october but i booked my tickets back in february, that time travel agent asked me to call back in august for seats reservation mean while he gave me some virtuallythere.com link to see my booking, i printed out my eticket from there and under seats it says checkin required but now i directly called turkish airline and reserved my seats of my choice but still on virtuallythere.com it says checkin required under seats column.

So basically my question is that how would i get my updated eticket with seat numbers on it??
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:49 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by Ch33rez
Hello, i booked my tickets with turkish airlines through agent, i am travelling in october but i booked my tickets back in february, that time travel agent asked me to call back in august for seats reservation mean while he gave me some virtuallythere.com link to see my booking, i printed out my eticket from there and under seats it says checkin required but now i directly called turkish airline and reserved my seats of my choice but still on virtuallythere.com it says checkin required under seats column.

So basically my question is that how would i get my updated eticket with seat numbers on it??
Welcome to FT!

If you reserved your seats by calling TK directly, they may not be displayed on VirtuallyThere.

Although it is not strictly necessary, if you would like to get a printed confirmation, try the Manage My Booking function on the TK.com website.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:41 pm

Whenever i entered my eticket number and last name on thy.com under my booking it says sorry for inconvinience try again later.. :s

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.