Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Anyone experienced this?

I am trying to choose seats on the new website, but it only shows AB/EF seats on a 321. There is still a couple of weeks to go, so the problem might simply go away a week before departure, but still funny.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Alec84
Anyone experienced this?

I am trying to choose seats on the new website, but it only shows AB/EF seats on a 321. There is still a couple of weeks to go, so the problem might simply go away a week before departure, but still funny.
AB/EF seats on the 321 indicate that it is the business class style seats (2-2) rather than the Economy class set up (3-3) with the middle seat left free.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:52 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
I am having issues with the website and selecting seats as well. I have two flights, first is an A330-300 in J and it shows 1A through 7A on the left side and then 1K through 6K on the right side. That's it. No B, D, E, or J seats. And the number of rows doesn't match up. My second flight is an A321 in J and it shows 1A through 5A on the left side and then 1F through 5F on the right side.

I've tried accessing in Chrome and IE.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by In The 216
I am having issues with the website and selecting seats as well. I have two flights, first is an A330-300 in J and it shows 1A through 7A on the left side and then 1K through 6K on the right side. That's it. No B, D, E, or J seats. And the number of rows doesn't match up. My second flight is an A321 in J and it shows 1A through 5A on the left side and then 1F through 5F on the right side.

I've experienced this issue on the 'old' TK website. Have you tried using the new website "manage booking' area. There is a box for choosing seats and you usually get the correct full map. Worth a try.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: TK
Originally Posted by In The 216

I have the same issue with my both flights on A321 & B737 on TK metals

Cant even access the seats from old site, with New site, I can only see 1~5A and 1~5F, not the full seat layout. Dont know why.
In The 216 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by dtxdnc
I have the same issue with my both flights on A321 & B737 on TK metals

Cant even access the seats from old site, with New site, I can only see 1~5A and 1~5F, not the full seat layout. Dont know why.
Same here, using Chrome and Firefox: just A,E & K seats on the 777 and 333, A & F on the SH sector. The old website doesn't allow me to select/change seat.
Any workaround before being forced to go directly to the ticket & service desk at the airport?

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: TK
Originally Posted by Lefly
Same here, using Chrome and Firefox: just A,E & K seats on the 777 and 333, A & F on the SH sector. The old website doesn't allow me to select/change seat.
Any workaround before being forced to go directly to the ticket & service desk at the airport?

Thanks
You can call TK Customer Service by phone and ask to assign you the seats you want. It worked for me.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by dtxdnc
You can call TK Customer Service by phone and ask to assign you the seats you want. It worked for me.
Then it's airport desk in my case, as it's easier than phone
Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Having a similar issue for my IST-AMS flight on an A321, only showing AB and EF seats all the way through economy. Odd, but was able to snag two seats together on both outbound and inbound.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by osmantrex
I was just able to use the online interface to select seats on my RT J award tickets booked through Aeroplan- much nicer than needing to call!

I was wondering if any frequent TK 77W J cabin fliers had any suggestions about seat selection- last year I flew a segment in 2A/2B with my wife and it was great.

For this flight there are no window seats in rows 2 or 3, and I am debating whether to select A and B seats in rows 4, 6, or 7. How much galley noise/light touches row 4? And are there any downsides to sitting in the smaller J cabin (later service, through traffic)?
EDIT: NVM. User Error.

Last edited by pentiumvi; Nov 19, 2017 at 9:51 pm
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
TK won't let me choose a Business class seat

I booked ATL-TXL during the recent Biz class "sale" for next summer. I used Priceline to book (for various reasons).

First, PL has never posted a ticket number. So I used online chat, and they finally provided that (but clueless as to why it does not show up on the booking). Using that number, I was able to log in to the Turkish website. The reservation seems fine, but they've assigned me to row 1 on every flight. When I try to change it, a message box pops up that says something about "No passenger found eligible for seat assignment." I tried the old site as well--I don't even get that far. It doesn't even have an option for seat selection.

No only that, I was adding my passport information, got it all entered, and when I tried to save it, it said I'd have to go through my travel agent. Of course, Priceline has no way to add that info at this point. Will I just have to provide that at the airport during checkin?

This is my first experience with TK--so far it hasn't been great. (Their website is really not good.)
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:56 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Just call them... No option to assign a seat on the old web site and the new one rarely works...
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I would say next summer is over 100 days until departure, so that's most likely the reason. Just wait a little longer and the website will enable it for you automatically.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
You can set seats only 100 days prior to departure.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by flyerby
You can set seats only 100 days prior to departure.
Interestingly, I was able to select seats 130+ days in advance using the new website on a business-class award itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.