Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Seat Selection is working (somewhat) again

I have been playing with this for weeks and have finally be able to book my seats (2 paid J + 2 AE rewards in J). As others have mentioned, it worked a few weeks ago, then stopped working. Tried on multiple devices with different levels of success until yesterday when it came back on line.

Tried to get the bulkhead for Mrs. CC & I but was not available on any of my 4 legs, even though I was online within minutes of the booking windows opening (100 days out). It looks like TK automatically block these out so that you cannot select them (I presume they hold for M&S Elites). For example on both trans Atlantic legs on the 777, they block out both sets of bulkheads :

1AB 1K (they leave 1J available)

5A 5K (they leave 5B & 5K available)

If you are travelling alone, then you still have 3 options, but nothing if you are traveling with someone else....

CC
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: TK Elite
Does anyone have the link to their new website I can't seem to find it

EDIT: Found it sorry for asking it was 2 pages back haha...

Last edited by AirCanada881; Apr 17, 2017 at 6:12 am
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:42 am

updated Wiki on top with new website too
https://p.turkishairlines.com/
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
New website still not working for me, able to enter in last name and confirmation number, then goes to next page asking for both passengers last names and e-tkt numbers, I enter that in and the next page loads up and has the spinner and once it has refreshed there is nothing on the page except the bottom info links and top banners.

Tried chrome and IE with ad blockers off, no go. I just called TK customer support to choose my seats and reconfirmed them today.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:59 am

Additional data point here:

I have a 4 leg reward redemption booked with UA this summer. 3 legs are on TK metal. I was unable to book my own seats on the website even after calling TK and getting the TK record locator. After I DM'd TK on Twitter, they easily chose the seats for me. After that I can access the seat selection screen on the new TK website.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:18 am

On my current VNO-IST-EZE reservation I can select seats on the 1st sector, if I click on any of the other ones it sends me to the first sector no matter which leg I choose, very frustrating!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
On my current VNO-IST-EZE reservation I can select seats on the 1st sector, if I click on any of the other ones it sends me to the first sector no matter which leg I choose, very frustrating!

I experienced the same some week back. Yesterday, I was not able to click on the seat assignment at all, just on some weird code just above the assigned seats, didn't want to click it. At this moment the new website is not reachable for me.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I had been trying to choose seats for while now online but I finally just called. I gave them my record locator for my ticket and a separate one for my wife and a lap infant. I assigned us a window an aisle seat for all four segments on the 777. A few weeks later, I finally figured out how to access the new website (I was using my iPad before) and I was able to see our seat assignments (although I can't click and change them). I looked at my seats and they were all correct (4 segments in 7j). When I looked at my wife's booking, I saw that she was assigned to seat 2E (a middle seat) for all four segments! For the first segment, of course the seat next to me was now occupied and there were no more empty window/aisle rows for two left so I was SOL. I moved her to the seat in front of me in hopes that one of our seat mates will switch. Otherwise we could choose to sit in the middle row and hope no one else sits there and we can use all three seats, but I'm not taking that chance. Of course when I called and told them what happened they had no explanation or solution.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
No passenger able to carry out seat selection found under your reservation.

No passenger able to carry out seat selection found under your reservation.

Is this a known sophistication of the website ?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:52 am

I realize this is cherry picking but aside from TC-LKA/LKB & LKC which only feature 28 J seats, have all the 777's been updated to the new J product?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum
Called TK to select seats, as neither the new nor the old website would let me. On a short(-ish) 4 hour flight from IST to OSL I realized that I had inadvertently asked for the row immediately before the first emergency exit (A321), and that I might want to recline.

While the agent was still on the phone I asked if I could move to the first available row after the emergency exit, to which he responded "No, the seats are already selected and there's nothing I can do".

Adds to the fun of booking with TK, doesn't it?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by sapman986
Additional data point here:

I have a 4 leg reward redemption booked with UA this summer. 3 legs are on TK metal. I was unable to book my own seats on the website even after calling TK and getting the TK record locator. After I DM'd TK on Twitter, they easily chose the seats for me. After that I can access the seat selection screen on the new TK website.
After going back to this website today I am now not able to change the seats. The seat selection that was there before is still in place.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:46 am

Same here, seat selection has been fixed and correct seat map is shown
Old May 12, 2017, 5:36 pm

Anyone know what happens in the case of an equipment change?

Booked bulkhead seats on an A333 when booking, but our plane has now been changed to a 77W. Since there's no way to view booked seats after booking... do you reckon we would have been transferred to bulkhead seats on the 77W?

After looking at the seat map, all the bulkheads have been taken up but we don't know if we're included! Thanks!
Old May 15, 2017, 4:27 pm
Community Director Emerita

I just purchased a domestic ticket in coach, P fare. Flight is within 3 weeks. I've had no success in picking a seat online though it looks as though it should be possible. Am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.