Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 3, 19, 6:10 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: gr8pirate
Wiki Link
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 25, 17, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Seat selection through the new website works fine for me - but then again, I prefer window seats!

The seatmap it show includes everything except the aisle seats - it shows window and it shows middle seats fine, for both business and economy. It messes up the row numbers in the row that your assigned seat is in (in the screenshot above row 3 is shown as 0A/0E/0K. My booking on the same type of aircraft correctly shows 03A, but the row in front is 0A/0E/0K as I'm already assigned 02A.

I do feel sorry for anyone that picks one of the the E seats (or the equivalent in economy) thinking they have an aisle...
Old Feb 26, 17, 11:34 am

Programs: Ex SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Saphire, Hyatt Gold, SPG, MELIA Platinum
Their web works like s**t. They even introduced a new version which is even worse than the old one. And of course the 100 day advance seat is unacceptable... why on earth one should wait? The seat map should be wide open from the first moment they sell tickets, because they sure charge you immediately!
Old Feb 27, 17, 1:59 pm

Question about the 100 days (booked through Aeroplan):
I called in and got the seats I wanted, but is there any way to confirm online with my PNR whether indeed I have been given the seats assigned over the phone?
Old Feb 28, 17, 3:05 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jcm55a View Post
Question about the 100 days (booked through Aeroplan):
I called in and got the seats I wanted, but is there any way to confirm online with my PNR whether indeed I have been given the seats assigned over the phone?
Yes - go to Manage Your Booking on a new web site, choose Seats and you will be redirected to a separate page showing your seat (one flight at a time).
Old Feb 28, 17, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
Yes - go to Manage Your Booking on a new web site, choose Seats and you will be redirected to a separate page showing your seat (one flight at a time).
Hm, I tried entering in the PNR I got from Aeroplan but it gave me an error.

EDIT: Realized that you must obtain a TK PNR if it was an award received through Aeroplan. For others who might be in the same situation as I am, just DM Air Canada on Twitter and give them the AC PNR and ask for the TK PNR, they will give it to you.

Last edited by jcm55a; Mar 1, 17 at 1:26 pm
Old Feb 28, 17, 11:09 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Thumbs down TK website blows! Seat assignments - Really?!

Hi Folks,

I have flown TK eight times in the last three months - All in long haul J to Asia Ex-LHR/LGW. I am generally impressed with the quality of the hard and soft product. It's not EK/EY/QR/BR, but hey, the price is right!

THE POINT OF THIS POST (AND QUESTION FOR YOU):

Does anyone else have 0% success getting seat assignments from the horrendous TK website?! Every time I try to select online I get some random "technical error" message. When I call in, for some reason it takes the agents 15 or 20 minutes to assign seats.

Regards,
John
Old Feb 28, 17, 11:54 am

Are you aware that seat assignment is only available within 100 days of your flight, either online or via call center?
Old Feb 28, 17, 12:48 pm

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
They have enhanced their J seating with 1-1-1 in A330s. Jokes aside, it was infuriating for me trying to access and confirm reservations. One PNR with 1 leg left couldn't be accessed with TK app (even app sucks).

The new version of website really bogs down your pc, at first I thought it was my slow phone server but seems to be the same with high speed wifi elsewhere.

Last edited by vincewy; Feb 28, 17 at 1:10 pm
Old Feb 28, 17, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by sfvoyage View Post
Are you aware that seat assignment is only available within 100 days of your flight, either online or via call center?
Yes you are correct - But that is not our issue - All of my flights are usually booked about 5-10 days out. When spending $18k on biz flights for a family of four, 5-10, or 100 days out or not, I expect to be able to get a seat assignment. This is not too much to ask.

If TK wants to seriously compete with the ME3, they need to up their game in all aspects of ground-based customer service.

TFD
Old Feb 28, 17, 2:22 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Task Force DL View Post
Yes you are correct - But that is not our issue - All of my flights are usually booked about 5-10 days out. When spending $18k on biz flights for a family of four, 5-10, or 100 days out or not, I expect to be able to get a seat assignment. This is not too much to ask.

If TK wants to seriously compete with the ME3, they need to up their game in all aspects of ground-based customer service.

TFD
Try to ask the twitter account @TK_HelpDesk
Usually done within hours, sometimes minutes
Old Feb 28, 17, 4:32 pm

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
I can see that all of the aisle seats are blocked for online seat selection, do they really need to block those seats? I can understand the first rows ( emergency exits)
Old Mar 1, 17, 11:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA2MM, WY Gold, QF Gold
On a (possibly) related issue. Sorry if it has been discussed elsewhere.

I booked a UA Mileage Plus award ticket in business class on TK a couple of months ago. I phoned the TK reservations centre and asked them to assign seats for me. This was done without any problems, and the seat assignments also showed up on expertflyer and my united.com reservation record.

However, on checking expertflyer today, I noted that the seat assignments had disappeared. So I contacted TK Res again and they assured me that the seat assignments were still intact. They were also still showing on united.com.

So I'm now totally confused. I've tried to check the seating on the TK website, but it doesn't want to show it to me (I guess because the booking was made elsewhere).

Any suggestions as to what else I could do to try and secure decent seats on the TK flights?

Last edited by Grace B; Mar 1, 17 at 11:58 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 2, 17, 9:59 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Still amazes me that they haven't figured this part out...
Old Mar 3, 17, 2:52 pm

We booked our tickets well in advance of the 100 days before flight. Found that it was not possible to get seat allocations online when the 100 days came up. Easiest way for me was to go to Twitter, @TK_HelpDesk. They needed the ticket numbers and I had the requested seats within 20 minutes.
Old Mar 4, 17, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA2MM, WY Gold, QF Gold
Originally Posted by Grace B View Post
However, on checking expertflyer today, I noted that the seat assignments had disappeared. So I contacted TK Res again and they assured me that the seat assignments were still intact. They were also still showing on united.com.

So I'm now totally confused. I've tried to check the seating on the TK website, but it doesn't want to show it to me (I guess because the booking was made elsewhere).
As a follow up, when I checked my booking yesterday I found that I had been given one of the worst seats in business class on a 333 (seat 1D). I was a little put out, as I had specifically asked for seat 2A. Not sure why this has happened, but I did wonder if it was the last phone agent I spoke to, who seemed to have a really bad, condescending attitude.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: