Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by jcm55a
Do I just give them the PNR that Aeroplan/AC gave me with the ticket booked with MR?
yes - along with your name and flight number, date and preferred seat. I've done this with my last four flights with TK.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
Seat selection not working

In the last month the seat selection function when purchasing the ticket (at the stage where you enter your personal data) is not working for me. On the bottom of the screen where the flights are listed there used to be buttons to select seats, but now this space is empty. Does it work for anyone?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:45 am

So what is the trick to selecting seats on this "new" website? I have J class tickets booked, inside of 100 days, and can get through to a supposed seat selection screen, but then at worst it times out and hang, and at best it displays a mis-rendered image only showing window rows. Have tried multiple browsers. Is this really the extent of this "new" website's functionality?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:30 am

Hello,
No didn't work for me. Just call them, they will be happy to do it. You can also contact them via facebook. They answer within minutes.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Seat Selection on Website Not Functioning

Originally Posted by arlflyer
So what is the trick to selecting seats on this "new" website? I have J class tickets booked, inside of 100 days, and can get through to a supposed seat selection screen, but then at worst it times out and hang, and at best it displays a mis-rendered image only showing window rows. Have tried multiple browsers. Is this really the extent of this "new" website's functionality?
Same experience.
I called the 1-800 number. We had our seats within a couple of minutes

Safe travels
DLP
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by DLPhoenix
Same experience.
I called the 1-800 number. We had our seats within a couple of minutes

Safe travels
DLP
Yes, I've found calling the airline is the best way to select your seats. Though 8 out of the 9 times I've called the reps sure aren't the friendliest..
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:34 pm

Yeah, I did end up calling and supposedly getting seat assignments, though I trust TK's system about as far as I can throw it. Will believe it when I am on board. Really amazing that in 2017 they roll out a "new" website and can't even get basic functionality.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
New website allows you to assign seats as part of the Manage Your Booking process.
​​​​
Search for a dedicated thread on this forum.
It's been completely broken for weeks now. Most of it time it doesn't even load, and when it does load, the map/config is completely wrong. Screenshot of me trying to do seat selection on TK 80 which is operated by a 77W which should be 2-3-2.

This is what the seatmap shows:

Honestly I haven't even flown TK yet, but I'm already ready to not fly then again just based on the pain of booking and managing my reservation.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by bioyuki
It's been completely broken for weeks now. Most of it time it doesn't even load, and when it does load, the map/config is completely wrong. Screenshot of me trying to do seat selection on TK 80 which is operated by a 77W which should be 2-3-2.

This is what the seatmap shows:

Honestly I haven't even flown TK yet, but I'm already ready to not fly then again just based on the pain of booking and managing my reservation.
Looks like they have introduced a very spacious first class without telling us
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:43 pm

After 3 minutes on their website, finally found their phone #. When I got to their desk, they told me their system is down and I should call back in an hour
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mattack4000
After 3 minutes on their website, finally found their phone #. When I got to their desk, they told me their system is down and I should call back in an hour
Sigh what a joke of an airline.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by boosh
Looks like they have introduced a very spacious first class without telling us
Seat map showed me only A and K seats in J on the A330-300. I guess TK has remodelled an extra spacious first class and has autoupgraded all J pax. Seems legit...
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by CoweyB
Save the hassle of a phone call and request seat allocation via twitter: @TK_HelpDesk

They usually get back to you same day after a few hours.
Can the seat allocation twitter be beyond 100 days?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I'm having the same issue selecting seats on the 773... It only shows 3 seats across-- 1 at each window, and 1 in the middle. Guess I'll have to call in.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Can the seat allocation twitter be beyond 100 days?
no it has to be within 100 days. When I asked for seats for my return flights (which were day 107) they only reserved the outgoing leg and said to tweet a week later for the return. I usually just set a reminder on my iPhone to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.