Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by wbhurley
2. We have selected seats 26H and 26K, hoping the seat in between (26J) will be vacant. Any comments on this approach?
You could end up with some stranger between you if the flight is sold out!!!

I don't personally believe in 'tricking' the seating request or whatever. There are to many uncontrollable variables. Reserve two seats you'd be happy with and if you get a free seat next to you see it as a bonus.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by boosh
You could end up with some stranger between you if the flight is sold out!!!

I don't personally believe in 'tricking' the seating request or whatever. There are to many uncontrollable variables. Reserve two seats you'd be happy with and if you get a free seat next to you see it as a bonus.

I totally disagree! If the flight is so sold out that someone is assigned that middle seat, believe me they will be more than happy to switch with one of you. Leaving the middle open is the way to go -- I always do this on every airline. There is no "trick". You are allowed to have whatever seats you want.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by chavala
I totally disagree! If the flight is so sold out that someone is assigned that middle seat, believe me they will be more than happy to switch with one of you. Leaving the middle open is the way to go -- I always do this on every airline. There is no "trick". You are allowed to have whatever seats you want.
You would hope would, but it doesn't change the fact you should probably just book the seats you want to avoid disappointment.

Originally Posted by chavala
You are allowed to have whatever seats you want.
This is most definitely not a right on any airline. You are assigned a seat and you can take it or leave it
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:59 am

Seat Assignments Online?

I know the earliest you can assign seats for a flight is 100 days in advance. I did this for a previous flight and found at on-line check in that they never were. Now I have an upcoming flight where I called again at the 100 day mark. Not wanting to go through a similar experience. Is there a place online to see a seat map/assign seats? When I bring up my reservation on the TK site there is nothing that has to do with seats on the page.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
I know the earliest you can assign seats for a flight is 100 days in advance. I did this for a previous flight and found at on-line check in that they never were. Now I have an upcoming flight where I called again at the 100 day mark. Not wanting to go through a similar experience. Is there a place online to see a seat map/assign seats? When I bring up my reservation on the TK site there is nothing that has to do with seats on the page.
I think you have to call them, unfortunately. Never hurts to confirm things twice with TK.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
If you book a flight on thy.com within the 100 days, the website will let you select seats on a seat map as part of the booking flow. But if you've made your booking outside of that time period or elsewhere, the only way to get seats assigned before check-in is by calling TK.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:07 am

So I called to assign my seats. Is there a place to verify those seats were assigned correctly?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
So I called to assign my seats. Is there a place to verify those seats were assigned correctly?
Unfortunately not, only by calling.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
I booked a OW J ticket IAH-IST on Turkish ; why cant i do advance seat assignment

I get a message "Advance seat assignments are not available on united.com for this flight. Please see airport agent on check-in..."

When I called Turkish Airlines, they said in order to assign a seat, I would have to go to the airport to do this (call center said they have no way to do it over phone)

Ideas? I have never heard of this
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Last time I flew TK J class, the call center assigned seats for me. Did they say they can't do it because of policy, or couldn't they find your reservation to make the seating change?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
Last time I flew TK J class, the call center assigned seats for me. Did they say they can't do it because of policy, or couldn't they find your reservation to make the seating change?
because its an award seat I got from united.com.

I called united, and the agent called TK, and they were able to provide the record locater for TK.

Now i just need to wait until July 2 and they said i can do it myself online

odd to me
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:38 pm
Community Director Emerita

When is the trip? I think that the last time I booked a TK flight, I had to wait til 100 days in advance to get a seat assignment.

Check this FAQ, point 10.

On Turkish Airlines flights, on the confirmation page you will be displayed interactive seat map to make a seat preference 100 days prior to flight only in Business Class for domestic flights and in both Business and Economy Classes for international flights. You can make your seat selection according to your seat preferences.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
SanDiego1k's quote from the FAQ is correct, but that only applies to TK flights newly booked within 100 days.

For flights booked outside the 100 day window, you can call TK once within 100 days of departure and they can then make a seat assignment for you. Instead of the TK record locator (which is proprietary to their TROJAN CRS), just give them your ticket number, starting with 016 if booked via UA.

This has always worked for me, even when travelling on award tickets booked on 014 (AC).
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:19 pm

Booked an award on TK through Aeroplan. Will I still be able to call TK directly on the 1800 number and give them the booking ref # to pick the seats when it's at the 100 day mark?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
An alternative is to send a tweet to @TK_HelpDesk. I've booked seats for two flights now this way at the 100 day to go point. The first time it took 3 hours to get a response, the second time 35 minutes and in both cases I got the seats I wanted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.