Search

Internet on TK? Baggage for *G?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Internet on TK? Baggage for *G?

I'm looking at a ticket, TLV-IST-JFK. I've never flown TK before, so interested in thoughts at the short-haul C class (737) and long-haul Comfort Class (777). Specifically, for the long-haul, how is the physical comfort of the actual seat, and how good is IFE?

The website says there's WiFi. Is this the case even for TATL flights?

Finally, as *G in Y, what's the luggage limits?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:07 pm
tcm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
I'm looking at a ticket, TLV-IST-JFK. I've never flown TK before, so interested in thoughts at the short-haul C class (737) and long-haul Comfort Class (777). Specifically, for the long-haul, how is the physical comfort of the actual seat, and how good is IFE?

The website says there's WiFi. Is this the case even for TATL flights?

Finally, as *G in Y, what's the luggage limits?

Thanks in advance!
The short-haul C Class (737) will most probably be 3x3 with the middle seat kept free. I say most probably, because, TK has only a few 737s with 2x2 J seating and getting one of those is pot luck.

The Comfort Class seat is pretty comfortable. Comparable to U.S. domestic F seats. Good legroom as well. Only drawback being that the recline is not that great. The IFE, armrest touch screen for Comfort, is not too bad either. Mix of new/classic movies/ T.V. series and music. It's no ICE but still better than most carriers. Wifi is available on some 77Ws but not all. Pot luck again I'm afraid.

AFAIK, where the piece concept is applied, *G gets you one additional piece of luggage when flying Y.

For more info see: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...-United-States
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by tcm
The short-haul C Class (737) will most probably be 3x3 with the middle seat kept free. I say most probably, because, TK has only a few 737s with 2x2 J seating and getting one of those is pot luck.

The Comfort Class seat is pretty comfortable. Comparable to U.S. domestic F seats. Good legroom as well. Only drawback being that the recline is not that great. The IFE, armrest touch screen for Comfort, is not too bad either. Mix of new/classic movies/ T.V. series and music. It's no ICE but still better than most carriers. Wifi is available on some 77Ws but not all. Pot luck again I'm afraid.

AFAIK, where the piece concept is applied, *G gets you one additional piece of luggage when flying Y.

For more info see: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...-United-States
If the first leg is in C (albeit shorthaul,) is the limit increased from 23 kg to 32?

Regarding the WiFi, do you know:
  • The reliability/speed/quality?
  • The price?

Again, thanks in advance!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Wifi is only available on one aircraft according to their website, planning to be installed on more. I've only had it on the Fri flight IST-PVG. It's not fast, but you can do some basic surfing, upload pictures to Facebook etc. it is free to use, at least in biz and comfort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.