Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish or Egypt air from Ams to Bkk in C

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

What is your opinion about this. I have flown Egypt air in the past in the old business class and found it ok especially the food. I have never flown Turkish airlines. I think they both use the same lounges in AMS and BKK. If I take the Turkish flight i would leave IST in the early evening and i would leave BKK at around midnight. The price difference is around 400 Euro's each and because I pay it out of my own pocket i wonder if the 400 extra is worth this. I have my FFP with miles and more. Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam

I would go with Turkish.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
Turkish by far better.
Egyptair is quite under-standard for *A.
Turkish has a very good J product.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:04 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Egyptair is a dry airline if that matters
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
TK is far better in terms of short-haul flight, lounge in IST, long-haul J, food.
Depending on price, I would rate MS Y < MS J <= TK Y < TK J. If the 400 EUR are a deal-breaker and you are *G, try TK Y and spend some time in the TK Lounge in IST
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: milesandsmiles elite+
MS is a dry non alcoholic airline...yep..but easy to get around it by buying some booze at the duty free shop and bringing it onboard- ask the flight attendants for glasses, ice etc...they won't mind many people do it. MS J is a bit cramped as far as seat size is...the food is ok but the flight attendants place the main dishes on a cart and if you are seated in the rear...your dish will be cold and you'll get last pickens. TK business class is hands down better- on all fronts- plus the lounge at IST is the best (IMO) star gold in the system.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 4:55 pm

While I tend to agree that TK business is better than MS in terms of catering, its massive lounge at IST and I get to have a long-ish stopover at IST one of my favourite cities, I incidentally booked myself on this route later this year because (1) it's EUR 400 cheaper and (2) the CAI - BKK route is equipped by one of its newest planes which I'm eager to try.

So, if you've never tried TK business, then go for TK. MS remains a secondary option.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 5:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
So, if you've never tried TK business, then go for TK. MS remains a secondary option.
And once you tried the new TK business cabin, you will not want to fly anything else . Onboard service might be hit or miss, but hard product is solid. Do note though that some flights to BKK are operated with A343 which does not have yet the new seats installed.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Turkish by far, though the new MS 777 J cabin is very nice and confortable.
Still not as good as TK new 777 J cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.