many empty seats ORD-IST?

Old May 10, 2012, 10:27 am
Original Poster

many empty seats ORD-IST?

Hello...In late June I am flying TK in economy. Seat maps show few seats assigned. I looked up tomorrow's seat map on experflyer, and half the seats are unassigned.

My question (with apologies if it's been asked before) is whether the planes really are empty, or these seats are for deep-discounted fares that do not allow advance seat assignment. (I got a reasonable fare, about $1500 return, and it does allow seat assignment.)

If the back of the plane really does stay empty I will get a seat in the back.

Many thanks,
Old May 10, 2012, 10:32 am

Seats maps show selected seats. Its not possible to tell actual availability from the map. You would have to use expert flyer, or another tool to get a vague description of availability.
Old May 10, 2012, 4:16 pm

Seat maps don't tell you anything. I have found that Expertflyer availability search gives fairly accurate picture about the loads with TK.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I flew ORD-IST(-BOM-)IST-ORD in early Feb. Flights were not full by any means, in fact, the wife and I had a middle section of seats to ourselves both directions to/from ORD. We were toward the back of the front section, but looking toward the back, it looked like we were not by any means the only ones with this kind of room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.