Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Earliest Baggage drop off at Istanbul Ataturk airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2012, 7:18 am
Original Poster

I have a flight on Turkish airlines leaving at 08:00 to Krakow with connection in Vienna on Austrian Airlines.

What is the earliest time I can drop off my baggage at the check in counter?

If I check in online within 24 hours of the flight, do I drop off baggage at the check in counter or is there another place I drop the baggage off?
Old May 9, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: All of Them
Had a flight leaving at around 22:00 checked in at 15:00 I was in J though

Originally Posted by metoo
I have a flight on Turkish airlines leaving at 08:00 to Krakow with connection in Vienna on Austrian Airlines.

What is the earliest time I can drop off my baggage at the check in counter?

If I check in online within 24 hours of the flight, do I drop off baggage at the check in counter or is there another place I drop the baggage off?
Old May 15, 2019, 5:39 am

I am arriving IST at 4.10am, and departing the following day at 1.20pm.

I'm on TK J, no status.

Do you think I can check in for my following day's flight when I touched down? Otherwise, what is the earliest time I can check in for my 1.20pm flight?
Old May 15, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
I was told that the earliest is 24h before the flight (and have done so for a flight to LAX that was in 23h30m). So I don't believe you would be able to check it in.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by deleter
I was told that the earliest is 24h before the flight (and have done so for a flight to LAX that was in 23h30m). So I don't believe you would be able to check it in.
I see thanks so much for the info!!
Old May 15, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Another data point, I had IST-AMS in the morning last month 10 am and I was able to check in the afternoon prior so I can check in at Yotel.
Old May 15, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: TK*G EP
You can check-in 24hrs before your flight. You can drop off your luggage from Istanbul Airport or from Taksim Sales Office or from listed hotels some hours before your flight. This is called "miniport"

https://miniport.istanbul/en
Old May 15, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Back in 2015, I arrived from SIN and had a 8 h layover. I was not allowed to drop off my luggage because there where 2 flights to my final destination before my flight. I left my luggage at the so called "emantci" where you can leave your luggage (and pay for it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.