Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

In-person CC holder checkin presentation requirement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"

From the T&C, the following text:

"If the credit card holder is not the passenger, credit card holder must be present with the passenger(s) at the check-in counter with his/her credit card (used for the payment) and his/her valid identification card. (If it is a virtual card, please have the related credit card with you). If you do not present the credit card you used for the payment, you will not be accepted to the flight."

Problem: Shark Sr.'s TK ticket was booked at TK.COM by me, with my CC. But I won't be traveling with him on that day. He doesn't have this CC.

I can't believe we are the only people in the history of TK operations to be confronted by this problem.

a. Will this requirement be enforced?
b. If not, what other proof of purchase will be required?

Checkin location SOF, for LHR, if that matters.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by redtailshark
From the T&C, the following text:

"If the credit card holder is not the passenger, credit card holder must be present with the passenger(s) at the check-in counter with his/her credit card (used for the payment) and his/her valid identification card. (If it is a virtual card, please have the related credit card with you). If you do not present the credit card you used for the payment, you will not be accepted to the flight."

Problem: Shark Sr.'s TK ticket was booked at TK.COM by me, with my CC. But I won't be traveling with him on that day. He doesn't have this CC.

I can't believe we are the only people in the history of TK operations to be confronted by this problem.

a. Will this requirement be enforced?
b. If not, what other proof of purchase will be required?

Checkin location SOF, for LHR, if that matters.
It seems to vary from airport to airport. In IST and LAX I've always been asked for my card. In CPH, LHR, GOT, LED and BKK it was never an issue.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Credit Cards

The airlines brought this dilemma upon themselves by pushing people towards their websites...now they have to live with the consequences. However, I always wonder why people buying tickets for others insist on buying these tix on websites rather than thru a TA, since no ticket from a TA ever requires a c/c verification, since the airline has the TA to hold responsible for ID verification and can charge back if there is a disputed charge.
Old May 25, 2012, 9:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Let me follow up. There was no need for the CC to presented at SOF checkin.

Agents were helpful to Shark Sr., allowing him to rebook on an earlier LHR flight at a cost of 65 E.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:14 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
I'm in the same situation. Mrs hco is soon flying out from Europe on Turkish Airlines, on a ticket bought with my cc.

I found this info on the ONCI help page:

"If the ticket paid by a credit card via internet or our call center must and the card holder is someone other than the passenger on the purchased tickets, the credit card holder must apply to a Turkish Airlines sales office in order to declare and confirm the usage of the card."

So that's what I will do on Monday!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: M&S E+, Skymiles Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite,
A written permision signed (preferably accompanied by a copy of the ID or passport of the owner) by the cc holder will do just fine.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:39 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Went to the sales office and they verified my cc and id. Everything ok.

But it was still recommended for Ms. hco to bring a signed copy, lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.