FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   disappearing award availability (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1314597-disappearing-award-availability.html)

soy Feb 15, 2012 3:10 pm

disappearing award availability

2 weeks ago one could find 3x seats SIN-IST on most days (Sept/Oct) but now its gone. Seems TK is really cutting back on award seats.
TATL is a joke and the HKG is not much better. It seems as if they are really cutting back on availability. Increaslingly it is only the routes with the old Biz that are still readily available.

More an FYI rather than a rant.

moeser Feb 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Why not make it a rant ! ?

What has to happen before TK customers are getting angry about this issue ?
No award availability at all ???

There is almost no route with wide bodies + decent C which is not affected.
Leaves us with the choice to take either unattractive routes or watch your miles expiring.

At the moment,miles worth a few million € are voided and there is only one winner :mad::td:

LH got sued for raising the bar without sufficient prior notice and hence that bonus miles with M&M are much easier to generate and spend ( e.g.Skyshop ) than M&S miles.

Apparently TK is getting through with it.

LH is getting worse year after year and TK is only one step behind them :(

tcm Feb 16, 2012 3:12 am

Availability is really poor across the board. I decided to burn some miles and had to choose LGW over LHR and AUH over DXB for my recent bookings.

flysero Feb 16, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm think the worse award availability is on LAX routes. Simply no seat at all.

TK :td:

joorinainen Feb 17, 2012 6:51 pm

I haven't had time recently to go through Expertflyer. Busy flying. Can you guys give me example? Have they axed Asia availability also to the same extent than North-America? This is not good.. They should differentiate their own elite award booking classes from star alliance awards. Cut the cheapest Y earnings. Raise the qualification levels and make E+ more distinguished!

TGGDEL Feb 27, 2012 10:56 am

I've noticed this too, simply nothing to be had so far - am looking for Business class, NYC-IST in late June. Can't find anything.
I'm considering paying for Comfort Class and hoping for a same day miles upgrade - but even that, I'm wondering whether they release any J seats on the day for a miles upgrade.
Anyone have any input on that?
Thanks!

Guy Betsy Mar 1, 2012 12:04 pm

I find that award availability is ok for routes anywhere other than North America. SIN is problematic. BKK, HKG, ICN, PEK are all ok.

Originally Posted by moeser (Post 18024523)
Why not make it a rant ! ?

What has to happen before TK customers are getting angry about this issue ?
No award availability at all ???

There is almost no route with wide bodies + decent C which is not affected.
Leaves us with the choice to take either unattractive routes or watch your miles expiring.

At the moment,miles worth a few million € are voided and there is only one winner :mad::td:

LH got sued for raising the bar without sufficient prior notice and hence that bonus miles with M&M are much easier to generate and spend ( e.g.Skyshop ) than M&S miles.

Apparently TK is getting through with it.

LH is getting worse year after year and TK is only one step behind them :(

Don't E+ members get confirmed award availability in any class?

joorinainen Mar 1, 2012 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 18111832)
I find that award availability is ok for routes anywhere other than North America. SIN is problematic. BKK, HKG, ICN, PEK are all ok.

Don't E+ members get confirmed award availability in any class?

Awards: assurance only in seat guaranteed awards(useless benefit).

soy Mar 2, 2012 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 18111832)

SIN was always wide open until about a month ago. I was looking for 3 C seats exAsia and that is only possible on the 332/343 routes. Its 2 max on the 77W and now the 333.

happily I snagged SINx3 just before they disappeared

footnote - I know that there is no guarantee of 333 ex SIN either, but it is probable

moeser Mar 5, 2012 1:15 am

Originally Posted by joorinainen (Post 18112120)

That would be great indeed.It is on my wish list for 2012 :) beside better award availability,confirmation in 48-72 hrs and priority for E+ but it seems unlikely that TK will answer my plea :(

Guy Betsy Mar 5, 2012 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by joorinainen (Post 18112120)

What does that mean?

Do you get guaranteed award seats or not?

This could be the deciding factor in me making E+ !

joorinainen Mar 5, 2012 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 18139353)
What does that mean?

Do you get guaranteed award seats or not?

This could be the deciding factor in me making E+ !

It is as lunatic as i wrote above.

Reservation Assurance: For our Elite Plus members, the seats are always reserved on our aircrafts! To benefit from reservation assurance that is offered only to our Elite Plus members, the reservation must be completed at least 72 hours before departure for Economy and Comfort cabin 48 hours before departure in Business Class flights.

Booking Classes available for reservation assurance:

Domestic Flights: B, Y, C
International Flights: Y, U, C
Award Ticket ( Both international and domestic flights): X, I

* Reservation assurance for award tickets in X and I classes are available for only seat guaranteed award tickets.
** As of May 15, 2012 reservation assurance in Business Class will be applied for reservations before 72 hours for Elite Plus member.

TGGDEL Mar 7, 2012 1:35 pm

Does anyone have any recent experience with miles upgrades? From Comfort to J?
I'm definitely not seeing any full award inventory on any dates, JFK-IST end of June. So thinking of booking a paid CC ticket and upgrading with miles.
Does TK open availability before the flight, or will I have to wait for the 24 hr window, even they am I likely to get it or not?
Thanks!

Meneer Guggenheimer Mar 22, 2012 5:15 am

I had 101.000 miles to expire.. and could not burn them... but now I found 4x AMS-IST-NBO in Business in feb 2013... now I hope they have the 737-900er flying that route then.
AND THAT IS A BARGAIN!

I am terminating the program as availability on the AMS - IST legs is almost none....:td:

rankourabu Mar 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer (Post 18249993)
I had 101.000 miles to expire.. and could not burn them... but now I found 4x AMS-IST-NBO in Business in feb 2013... now I hope they have the 737-900er flying that route then.
AND THAT IS A BARGAIN!

I am terminating the program as availability on the AMS - IST legs is almost none....:td:

what am I missing? Why couldnt you use TK miles on any of the dozens of Star Alliance options on the route?