Wiki Posts
Search

Tk bkk - sgn

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
Tk bkk - sgn

I'm booked in W class (Economy), and am *Gold with UA. Can anyone tell me what the luggage allowance will be. My ticket states total 23KG, which I'm assuming can be 1 or 2 pcs. But do *Golds get any extra WEIGHT allowance?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:43 pm

This route uses weight concept, so your entire luggage allowance in Economy class is 23kg.

Star Gold gets 20 extra kilograms. So you can take a total of 43kg on this flight.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: NH*G, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stargold
This route uses weight concept, so your entire luggage allowance in Economy class is 23kg.

Star Gold gets 20 extra kilograms. So you can take a total of 43kg on this flight.
Are you 100% sure on that ?
I was told by TK Vietnam that Star Gold only gets 10 extra kg, so 33 kg in total ?!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then direct them towards the Star Alliance website, or even the TK website, and suggest that they learn their jobs properly.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:06 am

Actually its 30kg + 20kg for your flight. Welcome flying with TK
Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:29 am

I just did this route, not bad at all. Quick snack service, almost empty flight, $200 r/t same-day purchase.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: TK E+
I fly TH SGN - IST on a monthly basis. The baggage allowance for *G is 20kg. extra, so you can have a total of 43kg (however, on http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-IN...allowance.aspx it says 20kg. as standard allowance in Economy. Don't know if this is something new or just the usual miscommunication from TH).

The TH ground staff at SGN are very friendly but are not always consistent in the way they enforce the rules. SGN-BKK is sometimes considered an intercontinental route (since the plane continues onwards to IST) and other times not. The different for *G member is that on intercontinental routes you can have 1 extra pcs. of luggage, while on non-intercontinental routes you can't. In your case, to be sure and to avoid any discussions at the airport, I would stick to one pcs. below 43kg. and you should be good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.