Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrading at the gate to Comfort Class with cash?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2011, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Hi, Do Turkish airlines allow this?

I am flying LHR-IST-BKK and may want to upgrade the IST-BKK segment.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Thank you!
Old Nov 4, 2011, 4:19 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Upgrades are possible but at sales office at the airport . Gate agents do not process payments and sales transactions.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 4:26 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*A Gold), FB Platinum (ST E+), M&S Elite (*A Gold), Finnair Plus Platinum (OW Emerald)
Does anybody know if you'll have to pay the full price difference between your ticket and available booking class when doing this at sales office at the airport on the same day of flight?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:02 am

it looks like it is a flat rate if it is done at the airport sales office on the day of departures.
if it is done at city ticket office is the fare difference...I asked last week at the city ticket office for a NYC IST ticket
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Travelite
it looks like it is a flat rate if it is done at the airport sales office on the day of departures.
if it is done at city ticket office is the fare difference...I asked last week at the city ticket office for a NYC IST ticket
That sounds promising! Do you have any idea what the approximate cost may be to upgrade one-way IST-BKK to Comfort Class? Thank you!!
Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by ivoryboi
That sounds promising! Do you have any idea what the approximate cost may be to upgrade one-way IST-BKK to Comfort Class? Thank you!!
I was told about 200 euro for istanbul new york flight so after all is not bad at all.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:35 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*A Gold), FB Platinum (ST E+), M&S Elite (*A Gold), Finnair Plus Platinum (OW Emerald)
Does BKK also have got an TK sales office at the airport or is this done differently?

Does an upgraded flight like this give the full amount of miles when crediting to miles and smiles or the former booked class only?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by mib1
Does BKK also have got an TK sales office at the airport or is this done differently?

Does an upgraded flight like this give the full amount of miles when crediting to miles and smiles or the former booked class only?
1)TK has an office at BKK Airport.For further information check their website.

2) You'll get 150% as E / E+. C / C+ will get you 125%
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:20 pm

Thanks for the info.
Does TK offer Comfort class to C upsells at the airport? Flying for the first time with them NYC to IST and would not mind paying for the upgrade ( if a flat rate..)
Thank you for your help!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Plenty of info available on this topic. Yes, upgrade is typically offered for flat-rate of 200 EUR/flight/pax. Check for the signs at check-in desks, or ask there directly if no signs are displayed.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by CAlex
Plenty of info available on this topic. Yes, upgrade is typically offered for flat-rate of 200 EUR/flight/pax. Check for the signs at check-in desks, or ask there directly if no signs are displayed.
Thanks Calex. It is clear that is $200 EUR/flight/pax from Y to A. My question is if it is the same offer from A to C
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Sorry, misunderstood. TK has very good load for C, I don't see them offering A-->C cash upgrades soon. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, but since an upgrade done by TA from A to C is ~500-750 EUR/segment, I don't see them diluting the product by offering cash flat-rate upgrades.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:22 am

Thank you CAlex for the clarification.
It is going to be my first flight with TK and first time I ever fly premium eco - so I am a little excited but also a little hesitant as I am a spoiled brat who generally flies C ( the magic of Z fares!) and I am afraid that my delicate ego could not cope life on the other side of the curtain
At least I hope for stiff drinks and ambien to make the trip more comfortable!!
I had the chance to speak with customer reps and I am impressed by how nice they are. As I generally deal with dragon ladies it was a welcomed change.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

TK Comfort Class feels much more like business than like economy, I am sure you will like it
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, Miles&Smiles, Miles&More
Hi, is there a possibility to upgrade Economy V class (promotional restricted fare) to Comfort Class paying flat rate of 200 Euro? Is this promotion only valid for some Economy classed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.