Wiki Posts
Search

Live TV And Internet (WiFi) On Planet IFE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2013, 9:32 am

is any of A333 has wifi yet??
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: United, AA, Hilton
Just flew one from IAD to IST. No wifi or live tv.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:54 am

For those of you who travel on TK a lot, I have two questions.

1. Has anyone managed to compile a list of the 777's with WiFi installed? Wonder how many actually have it.

2. On TK's website, it says that the Planet IFE system can play back "content on their personal iPods or USB devices". I know it will probably have no problem playing back content on iPods, but has anyone tried to playback content other USB devices? Like a USB stick for example? Curious of the possibilities....even though it looks like the Planet IFE system has a lot to offer anyway!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I don't have an answer to your question 1, but I can say that only once between IST-PVG have they not had WiFi, so on that route it is common.

Regarding 2, I have never been able to get the IFE to play anything from my iphone or ipad. Not on TK nor on UA either, who had it in First anyways between IAD-AMS. I think Apple did some changes here a few years ago, so it might be only older ipods that work.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 8:08 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Live TV And Internet (WiFi) On Planet IFE

Just boarded lax-ist and this time ttnet is being advertised before movies. And the wifi on the flight is now provided by ttnet but free for the first time. This wasn't in place in January. The question I guess is wifi no longer free on these flights. What's the 24 hour charge I should expect on my way back.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The wifi has always been free, so it will probably remain that way.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:55 am

I flew JFK-IST-JFK this past month. On my way there, (in May) I flew TC-JJH. The WiFi identifier was listed as "Turkish Airlines" and you had to log into it by entering a CAPTCHA code if I remember correctly. On my return flight (in June), I flew TC-JJG and the WiFi identifier was listed as "TTNET WiFi Fly". With this one, it took you to a registration/buy screen. You had to enter your name and seat number, then select a purchase option. The purchase options were 1 hour or 24 hours of WiFi. Currently the prices were set at $0, so you just selected it and entered the CAPTCHA code, no payment details necessary. But having this buy screen leads me to believe that there may be a charge in the future, which would be pretty disappointing.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:29 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LP101
I flew JFK-IST-JFK this past month. On my way there, (in May) I flew TC-JJH. The WiFi identifier was listed as "Turkish Airlines" and you had to log into it by entering a CAPTCHA code if I remember correctly. On my return flight (in June), I flew TC-JJG and the WiFi identifier was listed as "TTNET WiFi Fly". With this one, it took you to a registration/buy screen. You had to enter your name and seat number, then select a purchase option. The purchase options were 1 hour or 24 hours of WiFi. Currently the prices were set at $0, so you just selected it and entered the CAPTCHA code, no payment details necessary. But having this buy screen leads me to believe that there may be a charge in the future, which would be pretty disappointing.
that is exactly my thought and that is why I was asking. I will be heading back in 10 days. I expectthe same TTNET wifi. will try to see if I can go through with the 0$ 24 hours using the same email. otherwise i would have to try another email address see what happens.

wondering who they plan to charge and how. when it actually happens.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: TK Elite
WiFi no longer free for Y and Y+

Currently on TK51 cruising over Kiev.

Wifi is now a premium. 9.99 for 1hr, 24.99 for 24hrs.

Service is free for business class.

Comfort class looks desperately empty, can't believe TK killed this product

Y is 40% full and business is completely full!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), DL Gold (MM)
On topic: it's a pity that TK killed the free WiFi. At those price-points, I am just not interested.

Off topic: I'm not all that surprised about comfort class. It was a hassle to book on multi-segment routes where comfort class was not available on a segment (e.g. my route tomorrow, PRG-IST, IST-NRT). The TK website would only allow booking in economy class or business class on such a route.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I thought TK is not flying over Ukraine?

As for the wifi - if it's not free I won't use it. A lot of airlines including qantas abandon the paid wifi option.

I think TK is going downhill.....no CC, no free wifi, bad CS.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:18 am

Yeah... EK is also abandoning paid wifi.

I was honestly disappointed with TK, their female F/A's are terrible. Once you fly with TG and especially SQ it's hard to go back to anything else..

TK flies over Ukraine as they serve KBP and others, but they avoid the conflict region, it's a big country
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
When I flew TK long-haul in April and June, wifi was still in "test" phase and free in all classes. By August, it had become paid in the back of the plane.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:30 am

Come on, did you really expect that the WIFI will remain free for all?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Come on, did you really expect that the WIFI will remain free for all?
As said above, several airlines are now offering it for free, but TK is going against currant, removing Y+, making wifi paid service, it makes no sense lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.