FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1247088-miles-smiles.html)

Heemu Aug 12, 2011 5:17 am

Miles&Smiles

Dear all,

I've an issue regarding the program "Miles&Smiles" of turkish airways. I've created my "Miles&Smiles" account after I purchased my ticket. Since this is my 1st time with turkish i was not aware regarding their this sort of program. I may sound like a stupid but can i add my mileage into my account after my travel? What are the necessary steps should i take right now to enroll my "Miles&Smiles" account number with my ticket to get my miles. Please help on this issue....Thanks in advance :D

kumpel64 Aug 12, 2011 5:33 am

Hello Heemu,

it´s no problem to add the miles after your flight. You can do it online on the thy.com homepage. This is what they say on the page:

"Claim Missing Miles
Inform us of your missing miles and make sure they will be registered to your account.

Only Turkish Airlines and Anadolu JET flights can be claimed online.

You need to send your original boarding passes and the ticket copies to Turkish Airlines Head Office 8th floor Product Development Management 34149 Yeşilköy, ISTANBUL TURKEY in order to earn mileage credit for flights flown on our Program Partner Airlines.

Retro claims are only allowed for activities that have taken place within the last 12 months."

As you already booked your ticket without having given in your miles&smiles number you can tell the agent at the check-in counter to type it in. They will do it.

Don´t forget to print out your miles&smiles membership card before. After your first registrated flight you will get a plastic card.

Heemu Aug 12, 2011 7:59 am

Thanks a lot kumpel64 for your valuable information. I'll definitely tell the agent at the check-in counter to type it in.

Nordicintransit Aug 12, 2011 8:06 am

I'd just print out the temporary paper card and save having to remember the M+S number off hand

Heemu Aug 13, 2011 7:51 am

Problem solved. Told my agent regarding this problem and he solved it in a minute. Thanks everyone :D

larrythai Aug 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Now that you've joined, you'll see that Miles and Smiles is usually very punctual about crediting miles, and sends you an email within a couple of days saying that miles for a given trip have been credited. This is a very good feature.

spycygrl Oct 14, 2011 11:52 pm

Additional question

We flew LAX - ORD - IST RT for our honeymoon via Turkish Air (booked via Turkish Air website). The U.S. legs were on United and we added our Mileage Plus numbers to the reservations. We received Mileage Plus credit for all legs (including ORD -> IST) at full value. Still waiting for the credit for IST -> ORD. I have requested that online via Mileage Plus website.

However, while in Turkey, we flew several domestic TA flights (SAW -> DLM and BXN -> IST). The first was on Andalou (sp?), but booked via TA website. Anyway, when I try to claim United Mileage Plus miles for the domestic flights, I get an error message that says these flight don't qualify.

Is the answer that I need to sign up for Miles & Smiles, request the retroactive credit for the 2 domestic Turkish flights and then, because TA is Star Alliance, I can still use these miles for an SA flight in the future? I have juice on United which is why I prefer all my miles to be on that account, but sounds like I can't get those for the domestic TA flights.

Any advice is appreciated!

swiss_global Oct 15, 2011 10:09 am

Spycygrl, I honsestly don't know if it's worth the trouble. SAWDLM gives 290 miles in Y, if the flight qualifies, BXNIST gives 272. So the total you can earn is 562 miles. Now I don't know if the retroactively credit, if you only enrol now.

Of course, you can use your 562 miles for rewards on SA ... but only 562 miles wont get you anywhere, I'm afraid. And you can't combine them with your UA miles. So unless you want to earn more miles on Miles&Smiles, the 562 miles are really not worth the trouble ...

spycygrl Oct 15, 2011 12:08 pm

This was just the info I was looking for. Doesn't really seem worth the trouble, indeed. Thanks!

Originally Posted by swiss_global (Post 17278629)
Of course, you can use your 562 miles for rewards on SA ... but only 562 miles wont get you anywhere, I'm afraid. And you can't combine them with your UA miles. So unless you want to earn more miles on Miles&Smiles, the 562 miles are really not worth the trouble ...

moeser Oct 16, 2011 1:31 am

In your case,it doesn't matter that you booked over TK's Website.
What matters is the operating airline.In your case Anadolu.

Unfortunately Anadolu isn't a *A Member / Partner so no miles for your MP Account.
Even if you would enrol with M&S,a lot of booking classes with Anadolu are not eligible for miles.

P.S.

Congratulations afterwards,I hope you had a great Honeymoon.

spycygrl Oct 16, 2011 12:06 pm

More good info!

I guess it's not such a big deal to lose out on these miles...but, every little bit helps! Thanks for the well wishes...we had a great trip (miles or not)!

Originally Posted by moeser (Post 17281432)
Unfortunately Anadolu isn't a *A Member / Partner so no miles for your MP Account.
Even if you would enrol with M&S,a lot of booking classes with Anadolu are not eligible for miles.