Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [prior to 2015 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cheesedawg
Lounge Location
IST International Terminal. Near Gate 220

Getting In

Opening Hours: 24 hrs per day

Entrances: 2 entrances - one from the main terminal, another from the far-left side of the check-in area of the airport with separate passport control. Automated gates. You need a boarding pass with your status on it.

Bag Storage: There are lockers right next to the main entrance. Lockers are emptied at night.

Eligibility:
Business Class travelers on international flights operated by Turkish Airlines,
Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members (they may invite their families or one guest),
Star Alliance Gold members (they may invite one guest),
First and Business Class travelers on flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines.

Multiple Entries:
If you're connecting and want to visit Istanbul, you can enter the lounge with your connecting BP, enjoy the lounge then go back to Immigration, enter Turkey, and come back to the lounge after your visit.

Facilities

Working
Free Wi-Fi (get the codes next to the computer desk or also throughout the lounge)
Showers
Printers and computers

Eating
Extensive Food and Drink Areas

Relaxing
Relaxation Rooms (see below)
Ironing service
Newspapers and Library
Media wall
Pool Table
Self-playing piano

Sleeping in the Lounge

There are 5-7 relaxation rooms.
Eligibility:
4-7 hour layover for TK Business and Elite Plus customers.
You can only use them only if you are connecting to/from a longhaul Turkish Airlines flight (8+ hours) AND your layover is between 4 and 7 hours.
Couches throughout the lounge - anyone confirm?

You may be eligible for a free hotel outside the airport.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:38 am
tcm
Original Poster

TK's new IST lounge had its opening ceremony today and will be open to the public within days. New relaxation rooms, proper shower facilities, a pool table, library, a movie room and popcorn, a patisserie, massage rooms and much more Feel free to post your photos and opinions in this thread. Here are a few pics:

Pics Courtesy of Airkule, Haberturk and Hurriyet
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Ahhh, you beat me to it. Oh well, at least I can give the exact date, as posted on the other thread:

Well, it looks like it's official. Everyone I have spoken at the IST airport today confirms that the lounge is opening it's doors tomorrow: July 20th.

I even joked with them when I told them I'm passing through here tomorrow (which I am) and that if they were lying to me I'd find them. The two bouncers at the door are also in a good mood. I begged them to turn me away just one more time for old time sake. They surprised me by ACTUALLY LETTING ME IN. While I was in the elevator heading down to the lounge one of the bouncers called down to those on the desk to let me in.

The two on the desk in the temporary lounge also told me that the lounge will open tomorrow. I also told them I was passing through tomorrow and they maintained that it will be open. They said it was the most beautiful lounge in the world. They said there were photos online but I have not located them yet.

Well, it would seem the wait is finally over. I will report, hopefully, on what the lounge looks like tomorrow.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:15 pm

Here are some more photos:
<Link>
Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:21 pm

I wonder how many relaxation room/shower room they have in there? Any perks reserved for Elite+? How about the catering? It doesn't look very calm and relaxing judging from the pictures even when there's practically nobody in the lounge. In my opinion pool table and that "library" is waste of space. Someone should do "inch by inch report" soon
Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:10 pm

Looks nice!

I disagree about the pool table comment. I think the whole setup looks like a lot of fun.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I concur, judging by how crowded the old lounge was, a pool table etc does seem like a waste of space.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 3:18 pm

It would be also interesting to see how long one has to wait for shower/resting room when all the "gold-elites" are on the spot. Just look at the previous thread about the lounge refurbishment and you will get my point. @:-)
Old Jul 19, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Not sure how practical some of the things are, but the lounge sure looks beautiful.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:41 pm

My friend just emailed me from IST, the lounge is still NOT open as of July 20th 2011 at 07:30 and he is pissed!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:53 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Where is the hamam we were all promised???

On first impression, it seems like they have gone halfway on the decorating. Some areas seem excellent, whereas others seem, a bit, yawn.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:07 am
tcm
Original Poster

Guys the lounge is open. Posting from the patisserie there are four relaxation rooms and four shower rooms. The entrance is next to Cafe Crown on the far end and dedicated passport is in operation.
The catering is on a whole new level and there are a wide variety of drinks. The Do&CO touch is certainly visible and I now wish they were in control of the cabın as well. The Apple work station has wireless keyboards and wireless mouse. So please don't try to nick them....

Last edited by tcm; Jul 20, 2011 at 2:31 am
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:28 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
WOW

Lounge is open. Spent morning hours from connecting flight in the Yapi Kredi then moved to the new TK lounge. It is very impressive! Everything is brand new and IT guys are still teaching staff

It is HUGE and SPACIOS. I am impressed. It is probably the best *G/business lounge I've been to. Drink selection is fantastic. I don't believe Martell XO and Blue Label will be always available
Old Jul 20, 2011, 3:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by dabee69
Lounge is open. Spent morning hours from connecting flight in the Yapi Kredi then moved to the new TK lounge. It is very impressive! Everything is brand new and IT guys are still teaching staff

It is HUGE and SPACIOS. I am impressed. It is probably the best *G/business lounge I've been to. Drink selection is fantastic. I don't believe Martell XO and Blue Label will be always available
Sounds great! I'd love to check it out when next at IST.

Unfortunately for me I'm not *G this year (yet) -- Do you know if the TK lounge offers paid lounge access?

Last edited by braffy; Jul 20, 2011 at 4:55 am
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by braffy
Sounds great! I'd love to check it out when next at IST.

Unfortunately for me I'm not *G this year (yet) -- Do you know if the TK lounge offers paid lounge access?
TK doesn't offer paid lounge access in any of its lounges.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
wow cant wait to try this lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.