Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [prior to 2015 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cheesedawg
Lounge Location
IST International Terminal. Near Gate 220

Getting In

Opening Hours: 24 hrs per day

Entrances: 2 entrances - one from the main terminal, another from the far-left side of the check-in area of the airport with separate passport control. Automated gates. You need a boarding pass with your status on it.

Bag Storage: There are lockers right next to the main entrance. Lockers are emptied at night.

Eligibility:
Business Class travelers on international flights operated by Turkish Airlines,
Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members (they may invite their families or one guest),
Star Alliance Gold members (they may invite one guest),
First and Business Class travelers on flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines.

Multiple Entries:
If you're connecting and want to visit Istanbul, you can enter the lounge with your connecting BP, enjoy the lounge then go back to Immigration, enter Turkey, and come back to the lounge after your visit.

Facilities

Working
Free Wi-Fi (get the codes next to the computer desk or also throughout the lounge)
Showers
Printers and computers

Eating
Extensive Food and Drink Areas

Relaxing
Relaxation Rooms (see below)
Ironing service
Newspapers and Library
Media wall
Pool Table
Self-playing piano

Sleeping in the Lounge

There are 5-7 relaxation rooms.
Eligibility:
4-7 hour layover for TK Business and Elite Plus customers.
You can only use them only if you are connecting to/from a longhaul Turkish Airlines flight (8+ hours) AND your layover is between 4 and 7 hours.
Couches throughout the lounge - anyone confirm?

You may be eligible for a free hotel outside the airport.
Print Wikipost

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [prior to 2015 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
On a recent trip thru the IST lounge, it was ok, but busy as hell and rammed. There seems to be no logic to where to go for food or drinks, and I struggled to fine the tiny restrooms.

Not a good lounge in my opinion.
Bathrooms were fairly large IIRC. If you catch any lounge at prime time it wil be packed. That goes for someplace like LH's FCT all the way down to UA's United club.

One of the best *gold lounges I've visited.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
Access to relaxation rooms/suites

Sorry if this has been hashed out in the hundreds of previous posts.

What are the rules for access to these relaxation rooms? Can you pre book them?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; UA Gold Elite; Marriott Platinum Elite
You can't prebook them. Just go to the desk near the rooms and sign up - first come first served. There are also limitations as to who can use the rooms based upon how long your layover is. Seems to be somewhat variable in the postings here.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by egokcen
You can't prebook them. Just go to the desk near the rooms and sign up - first come first served. There are also limitations as to who can use the rooms based upon how long your layover is. Seems to be somewhat variable in the postings here.
coming from shorthaul to longhaul (long layover) is that acceptable? does it matter if you are just *G or flying in J has advantage?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL
So as a Delta Platinum...can I access free?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:40 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by geraldj100
So as a Delta Platinum...can I access free?
Wrong alliance, no access for Delta elites.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:47 pm

It is a fantastic lounge - I visited recently. Very good lamb kofte, the whole place is quite a sight in terms of decor. But I have to say it was very crowded. Very hustling and bustling. Rather unfortunate really.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound
Sorry if this has been hashed out in the hundreds of previous posts.

What are the rules for access to these relaxation rooms? Can you pre book them?
It seems that they changed the rules.
It was for *G / J Pax with a 4 + stop over.Most of the time I was lucky to get a room at least for 1 h.

Now,26.JUL the concierge told me,that access is only given for Pax on Long Haul flights.
She had a printed list with the qualifying destinations.

Originally Posted by black milk
It is a fantastic lounge - I visited recently. Very good lamb kofte, the whole place is quite a sight in terms of decor. But I have to say it was very crowded. Very hustling and bustling. Rather unfortunate really.
They have either to enlarge the existing lounge or build a second one preferably at the other end of IST.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
I spent a couple hours in the lounge recently and was completely blown away by how nice it was. It wasn't a particularly busy time, though (11am-1pm).

For comparison, other lounges I've been in are, in decreasing order of fanciness: LH tower FCL (though not FCT) in FRA, LH SEN in FRA, MUC, IAD, United FCL in IAD, and assorted other *A lounges.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
question: Is it possible in Turkey, to receive the bording pass the day before in ADB or IST? I am on a (one ticket, but not neccessarly long layover - so no free hotel,etc..) 22 hour connection from ADB via IST to Europe. So, wouldn't mind using the IST lounge on arrival (on day 1) and departure (on day 2)...
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:39 pm

What time does the lounge serve dinner or is there hot food all afternoon evening?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: milesandsmiles elite+
Food is always available
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:47 pm

Is it there any to get access to this lounge by simply being a FF or by trading in the free hotel offered for longer flights or maybe by paying a one time fee? I will be in IST the end of this month and would love to play a few games of pool there to kill some time.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by xman2k2
Is it there any to get access to this lounge by simply being a FF or by trading in the free hotel offered for longer flights or maybe by paying a one time fee? I will be in IST the end of this month and would love to play a few games of pool there to kill some time.
Are you travelling out on a *A carrier and do you have status within *A? If so, can't see why not (assuming you leave from the same terminal etc.)
Old Aug 30, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Am I correct in assuming that arriving in LH C and departing TK C will grant access to this lounge?

What if anything can anything be scheduled in advance as far as a massage or relaxation room? We'll have a 7 hour mid-day layover en route to MLE in January and trying to figure out:

1) if it's possible, or a good idea to head into town for lunch? Any idea on round trip cab costs just to enjoy lunch in IST?

2) what lounge(s) we'll have access to. Given that it's going to be very early morning our time (Washington), we may enjoy sleeping...

3) What's the story on massages? With 11 hours down and 7.5 to go (after 7 hour layover), it would certainly be welcome before boarding...

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.