Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more complimentary Elite card??

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, PC Gold, Marriott Gold
No more complimentary Elite card??

Hi,

I noticed on the TK website that the benefit for E+ to nominate one person free to Elite status is no longer showing.
Instead it now says one can nominate 3 persons @ 40,000 miles each.

It also says:
◦Elite Plus members who used free complimentary Elite Card privilige before, wıll have additional two more conditional rights with this new application by redeeming miles

Does this mean that if an E+ has already nominated 'one person once in a lifetime' this person will continue to stay Elite as long as the sponsor stays Elite plus?
Or will at the time of renewal the E+ gets his new card but the nominated person will only stay E if 40,000 miles are paid.

It is all confusing as the new benefit says that 3 persons can be nominated at 40K each but at the end it still says as per the old rules that only one person can be nominated once in a lifetime.
I m therefore hoping that my wife can stay *G without it costing me 40K miles..

Compared to other * Alliance programmes the Elite benefits are already a joke (50 % discount on companion Biz class, reservation guarantee,..),so I hope the free Elite card has not gone.
Old May 7, 2011, 12:19 pm
tcm

Does this mean that if an E+ has already nominated 'one person once in a lifetime' this person will continue to stay Elite as long as the sponsor stays Elite plus?
That would be nice Once nominated the nominee is subject to the standard Elite qualification criteria.

If you have already nominated someone for free you can nominate 2 more people for 40,000 miles each, re-qualification is again based on Elite criteria.
Old May 7, 2011, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The site has never been clear and the last time I tried to use my upgrade it was like pulling teeth as I spoke with a succession of idiots who had no idea what I was talking about!
Old May 8, 2011, 9:31 am

If so they haven't updated their card-chart(doesn't mean anything):

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-IN...antajlari.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.