FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Which lounge does TK use at IAD? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1179406-lounge-does-tk-use-iad.html)

compuser1973 Feb 1, 2011 7:06 pm

Which lounge does TK use at IAD?

I will be traveling in J class in March and this is my first time in J - so needless to say I am excited. So curious which lounge does TK use at IAD? The flight to IST leaves 23.55 - so not sure if any lounges are even open till that late. Any insights? Traveling IAD-IST-BOM. So also curious to know which lounge TK uses at BOM as well?

thanks in advance.

tide Feb 2, 2011 10:31 pm

Search

Virgin Atlantic

atcguy Oct 19, 2012 9:15 am

Lounge in IAD

I've read that THY uses the Virgin Lounge I idea, however on the Virgin website I saw it closes at 1830. Do they reopen it later for the Turkish flight at 2330? I'm a United Star Gold traveling in November.

Atuchan Oct 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by atcguy:19525861
I've read that THY uses the Virgin Lounge I idea, however on the Virgin website I saw it closes at 1830. Do they reopen it later for the Turkish flight at 2330? I'm a United Star Gold traveling in November.

I am not sure if they reopen but certainly QR and TK use the lounge in the same time frame. I have used the lounge last time I flew in June and hope to use it again next Friday.

accrapolo Oct 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Congrats on your debut in international J! You will have a completely different flying experiences...have fun and don't be afraid to try everything...champagne at boarding, liquors, hor dourves etc. Life is short: Live it!

UAPremExecflyer Jan 6, 2013 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Atuchan (Post 19534687)
I am not sure if they reopen but certainly QR and TK use the lounge in the same time frame. I have used the lounge last time I flew in June and hope to use it again next Friday.

The VS lounge is indeed open to accommodate the departure of TK0008 at 2330.
I'm sitting in it at the moment ... the lounge cleared out after the Qatar flight to DOH was called. It was jammers before that.

Duke777 Jan 16, 2013 8:05 am

When I flew IAD-IST, I started in the LH Senator's lounge and then moved over to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse when the LH lounge closed after the last LH flight of the day. When you check in, you receive passes for the Virgin Clubhouse. The Qatar flight was also using the Virgin Clubhouse.

seratonin7 Jan 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Duke777 (Post 20058305)
When I flew IAD-IST, I started in the LH Senator's lounge and then moved over to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse when the LH lounge closed after the last LH flight of the day. When you check in, you receive passes for the Virgin Clubhouse. The Qatar flight was also using the Virgin Clubhouse.

Any idea how you get those passes to the Virgin Clubhouse when you check in at another airport?

UAPremExecflyer Jan 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by seratonin7 (Post 20078071)
Any idea how you get those passes to the Virgin Clubhouse when you check in at another airport?

If you have TK Business Class ticket, your name should be on the list at the front desk of the lounge. If your name is there, you're good.

wyoon Jan 23, 2013 8:56 am

Assume I can use a UA's United Club by showing my TK Y class boarding pass as a UA Plat (*G).

Duke777 Jan 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by wyoon (Post 20107281)
Assume I can use a UA's United Club by showing my TK Y class boarding pass as a UA Plat (*G).

Yes, but why would you want to do that when you can use the Senator's Lounge or the Virgin Clubhouse, both of which are MUCH better than the United Club?

14940674 Jan 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Duke777 (Post 20108627)
Yes, but why would you want to do that when you can use the Senator's Lounge or the Virgin Clubhouse, both of which are MUCH better than the United Club?

They are both also much closer to the TK gate.

UAPremExecflyer Jan 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Duke777 (Post 20108627)

VS Lounge is technically not a *A lounge. TK uses it under contract for Business class passengers. You have to be on the list at the front desk and/or have an invitation to get in. Apparently*G does qualify with an invite from TK.

Maxwell Smart Jan 24, 2013 9:02 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer (Post 20110718)
VS Lounge is not a *A lounge. TK uses it under contract for Business class passengers. You have to be on the list at the front desk and/or have an invitation to get in. *G doesn't qualify.

In November my wife flew TK IAD-IST in Y (award ticket), and as a *G (UA Plat) she was given access to the VS Lounge. She was connecting in IAD, and was given the invitation upon arrival at the TK gate. (Sadly, she spent the previous hour sitting in one of the UC's in the C/D concourse!)

I'm doing the same next month, looking forward to the VS lounge!

About 3 years ago, I was flying Qatar Airways IAD-DOH, and again, at the gate, I was given an invitation to the VS lounge on the strength of my UA 1K status, even though QR isn't a part of *A. Nice gesture on the part of the QR staff, I must say.

As for the VS lounge, all I can say is wow.

Duke777 Jan 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer (Post 20110718)
VS Lounge is not a *A lounge. TK uses it under contract for Business class passengers. You have to be on the list at the front desk and/or have an invitation to get in. *G doesn't qualify.

I received entry (along with a companion) because I was *G. I was seated in Y.