Which lounge does TK use at IAD?

Old Jan 24, 13, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Duke777 View Post
I received entry (along with a companion) because I was *G. I was seated in Y.
I stand corrected!
I was flying TK paid business earlier in the month and got an invitation. I overheard another passenger asking at check-in about lounge access and he was told only for C/J. It sounds like you need an invite from TK to get in, as this is an arrangement that TK has with the VS lounge. VS is clearly not a *A lounge.
Old Jan 24, 13, 7:23 pm

A bit of a novice flying *A internationally, but can I access the United Club at IAD when flying IAD-IST in Y on TK? I'm *G.
Old Jan 25, 13, 12:14 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bambikatz View Post
A bit of a novice flying *A internationally, but can I access the United Club at IAD when flying IAD-IST in Y on TK? I'm *G.
Yes you can
Old Jan 25, 13, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
Yes you can
Thanks! As far as accessing the Virgin Clubhouse, that requires an invite and getting one as a *G in Y is hit or miss? For those that have received the invite, where and around what time did you obtain it?
Old Jan 25, 13, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, WN A-List Pref & CP, AS MVP, Marriott Tit, Hyatt Glob, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bambikatz View Post
Thanks! As far as accessing the Virgin Clubhouse, that requires an invite and getting one as a *G in Y is hit or miss? For those that have received the invite, where and around what time did you obtain it?
I checked in at the TK counter at Dulles. I didn't realize the Virgin Clubhouse was used so the staff provided the invite without me having to inquire. If you're transiting through IAD, it may be a different story. However, the Senator's Lounge is an option until ~10 PM depending when the last LH flight of the day is.
Old Feb 7, 13, 2:22 pm

Hey guys, I'm a novice at this so please bear with me...

I have an award ticket booked with UA Miles. My outbound is economy, but return routing is all business: IST-MAN (TK), MAN-IAD (UA), IAD-SAN (UA). I have a long layover in IAD, do you know if I would be allowed access to the Virgin lounge? I know my ticket isn't issued by TK, but the first portion of my return leg is TK, or am I pushing my luck :-D. Anyway, if not, which lounge at IAD would you recommend? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 7, 13, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Sizzip View Post
Hey guys, I'm a novice at this so please bear with me...

I have an award ticket booked with UA Miles. My outbound is economy, but return routing is all business: IST-MAN (TK), MAN-IAD (UA), IAD-SAN (UA). I have a long layover in IAD, do you know if I would be allowed access to the Virgin lounge? I know my ticket isn't issued by TK, but the first portion of my return leg is TK, or am I pushing my luck :-D. Anyway, if not, which lounge at IAD would you recommend? Thanks in advance!
You will have no access to the VS lounge. Your first leg on TK has no bearing on eligibility for the VS lounge at IAD. You will qualify for the United Club in C or D concourse on the basis of your same-day international segment (MAN-IAD).
Old Feb 7, 13, 10:41 pm

Oh well, bummer . Thanks anyway for your prompt and informative answer, I appreciate it!
Old Feb 8, 13, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriot Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat

I was given a lounge access to VS Club Lounge on TK Y with *G (UA Platinum).
Old Feb 9, 13, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
I was in the Lounge yesterday. (1K - *Gold) flying Y on TK.

Check in agent issued lounge invitation without asking.

Lounge is pretty nice. Too bad they don't offer the full menu on TK flights compared to what is advertised on Virgin's website. But the food is good and the staff is very prompt and friendly.

Shower is great with nice amenities. Our flight to IST was delayed and lounge stayed open till boarding started.

Btw, it is true what others have said. Lounge is packed with Qatar guests but empties out quickly once boarding for that flight starts.
Old Feb 10, 13, 4:30 pm

Stefan76, you must have been on the same flight as mine. A delayed flight on Friday night to IST. Although we made it to IST much later, I was able to make a connection to BUD after my running *and* a delayed flt to BUD from IST. I didn't mind the second delayed flight as I was able to get on board. Enjoy your time in IST or wherever your destination is. Returning to IST Wed afternoon for Thur (2/14) return flight back home to IAD.
Old Feb 11, 13, 2:00 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Originally Posted by wyoon View Post
Stefan76, you must have been on the same flight as mine. A delayed flight on Friday night to IST. Although we made it to IST much later, I was able to make a connection to BUD after my running *and* a delayed flt to BUD from IST. I didn't mind the second delayed flight as I was able to get on board. Enjoy your time in IST or wherever your destination is. Returning to IST Wed afternoon for Thur (2/14) return flight back home to IAD.
Hello Wyoon

Yes, we were on the same flight. They seemed to have some issues with their AV system, plus the inbound flight was delayed. I was actually thinking that we might had a further delay due to the strong winds.

So I must assume that you were not able to go to the Lounge in IST, it's amazing. I hope you will be able to go on your return.

We are in Stockholm, took advantage of the great fare sale they had. Flying back tomorrow to IAD.

What did you think of the inflight service on TK 8?
Old Feb 11, 13, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Gold; HH Silver; National Exec; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Duke777 View Post
I checked in at the TK counter at Dulles. I didn't realize the Virgin Clubhouse was used so the staff provided the invite without me having to inquire. If you're transiting through IAD, it may be a different story. However, the Senator's Lounge is an option until ~10 PM depending when the last LH flight of the day is.
My wife transited through IAD back in November UA to TK, and was given an invitation to the VS lounge by the TK gate agent in B concourse.
Old Feb 12, 13, 5:06 pm

I didn't get a chance to use the TK lounge last Sat. I am wrapping up my wonderful birthday trip to BUD and will return to IST tomorrow am. The same day connection to IAD will not be available so I will be staying in IST over night. Have stayed in IST numerous times so time killing is rather easy for me. Will stop in the TK lounge on Valentine's day. Will be a good visit. TK's system is good but out if of IAD I wanted to catch some sleep so I didn't use it much. Hope your trip was as great as mine. :-)
Old Feb 14, 13, 7:34 pm

Stefan76, this morning I had a few issues with the TK CIP lounge. As mentioned on another thread, TK boarding pass states *S (I'm a UA Plat, *G). She lectured me that I would have to talk to UA in order to get *G (whatever....). The lounge at 10.50 am was packed fully packed without a single seat available. BTW, using an Express line to the Passport Control near The E bank was the slowest Express line I experienced in the world.

Search this Thread