Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
A321 J configs

Originally Posted by ILman
Hi all

Is this rule (from wiki) still valid?

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Yes, especially the AB EF.
I'm seeing various A321 seatmaps on ExpertFlyer that seem to blend the options above, ie they have five rows of J but use the AB EF seat naming convention. Looking on planespotters.net list of TK's A321 configs it seems that there are both 16 seat and 20 seat dedicated J cabins, so is it fair to assume that the 'AB EF' naming convention is the best way to figure out whether it's Eurobusiness or 2+2?

I'm deciding whether to redeem miles on LIS-IST or OPO-IST in J. I'm fairly flexible about which location we fly out of so for a 4.5hr flight, getting a better shot at 2+2 seating would make all the difference. It's at least nice to see that according to planespotters.net only 12 of TK's 68 A321s still have the old Eurobusiness...
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by mad_atta
I'm seeing various A321 seatmaps on ExpertFlyer that seem to blend the options above, ie they have five rows of J but use the AB EF seat naming convention. Looking on planespotters.net list of TK's A321 configs it seems that there are both 16 seat and 20 seat dedicated J cabins, so is it fair to assume that the 'AB EF' naming convention is the best way to figure out whether it's Eurobusiness or 2+2?

I'm deciding whether to redeem miles on LIS-IST or OPO-IST in J. I'm fairly flexible about which location we fly out of so for a 4.5hr flight, getting a better shot at 2+2 seating would make all the difference. It's at least nice to see that according to planespotters.net only 12 of TK's 68 A321s still have the old Eurobusiness...
Can't be too helpful as TK changes a/c configs faster than we can keep up here on FT, but one thing for sure is that aircraft swaps - both ways - are extremely common. I've been extremely lucky, knock on wood, with every J flight on TK in proper J, even those that weren't supposed to be. But others have had foul luck... Fly from whichever is more convenient and has AB EF, but don't count on it sticking.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
thanks for the reply. I booked using an OTA and reserved the seats with the OTA's seat map. The OTA seatmap showed the 4-row config. When I check the "manage booking" on TK's website, it also shows the 4-row config. I don't have an ExpertFlyer account so I'm not sure what they are showing. I've got 10 weeks until I fly (late May), so maybe it'll adjust when things get finalized.
So which bird was it, a 18 seats 3-row J lie-flat or 4 rows angle-flat? Just curious...as my I had a similar case and saw a 4-row old cabin the other day (I was in Y but I peeked into J)
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Can't be too helpful as TK changes a/c configs faster than we can keep up here on FT, but one thing for sure is that aircraft swaps - both ways - are extremely common. I've been extremely lucky, knock on wood, with every J flight on TK in proper J, even those that weren't supposed to be. But others have had foul luck... Fly from whichever is more convenient and has AB EF, but don't count on it sticking.
Thanks for replying jlisi984. Guess I'll roll the dice! At least the odds are fairly favourable.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by FFlash
So which bird was it, a 18 seats 3-row J lie-flat or 4 rows angle-flat? Just curious...as my I had a similar case and saw a 4-row old cabin the other day (I was in Y but I peeked into J)
haven't gone yet ... coming up in 2 weeks.

The outbound ATL-IST now shows A330-300, with 5 rows of J. At some point it must have switched from an 332 to a 333.

The return IST-ATL still shows A330-203, with the 18-seat J cabin in 3 rows.

Who knows what they are doing
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am flying SAW-VIE on TK 1899 on a A320 in Y. Currently I have what is showing up as bulkheads on TK Manage booking site 4C and 4D booked for the 2 of us. I was considering an upgrade for 15k TK miles a person but wouldn't want to do it if it's the same seat with the middle seat blocked. However with proper business class seats I'd be more inclined. I can't seem to find proper info on what it is more likely to be. Any inputs?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:12 pm

I'm looking for advice on extra legroom economy seats on the A321-neo (A321 v2 on Seatguru). The choice is between Row 6 bulkhead and Row 8 exit row.

Does Row 6 have limited recline? Does Row 8 have monitors in the armrests?

Thank you
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SF_trotter
I'm looking for advice on extra legroom economy seats on the A321-neo (A321 v2 on Seatguru). The choice is between Row 6 bulkhead and Row 8 exit row.

Does Row 6 have limited recline? Does Row 8 have monitors in the armrests?

Thank you
The seat map ( A321 v2 ) on seat-guru is actually created for the specific aircraft type "32M" which has the C20Y158 configuration. The seat map of the A321neo may be similar but it's not the exact same as A321ceo's. TK A321neo aircraft has 20 seats in J and 162 seats in Y.

I can't comment on the Neo's as I've never flown one of them on TK metal but in A321ceo's row 6 does not have limited recline, the tray table is in the armrests, however, the IFE screens are installed at the wall which actually serves as a divider between classes. For row 8, I am not sure.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:59 pm

Thanks, ISTFlyer. My aircraft is indeed the 32M; appreciate for the correction.

Since both Rows 6 and 8 have tray tables in the armrest, there seems to be no advantage to Row 6, especially if it is also fenced in by the divider wall.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SF_trotter
Thanks, ISTFlyer. My aircraft is indeed the 32M; appreciate for the correction.

Since both Rows 6 and 8 have tray tables in the armrest, there seems to be no advantage to Row 6, especially if it is also fenced in by the divider wall.
Yes, row 6 wouldn't be a good choice. Especially, if there would be a passenger with an infant, they would be assigned to row 6 which could be bothering. If you are OK to pay, seats 8A and 8F are the best seats on the specific type of aircraft "32M". Otherwise, ask during checking-in at the counter. ( Kiosks doesn't work ) If it's not taken, they usually give those seats upon request for free without looking at your FQTV status.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
We're flying BDV to LGW on TK1165 in economy in a few months, less than T-100. Looking at the seat map on Turkish Airlines' website, the first exits are in front of row 11. Seatguru says that on this version of 737-800, 7A and 7F don't have windows, but other similar websites don't mention that. Is that correct? Regardless of that, what would be the best window seats (with a view) that you don't have to pay for?

Also, TK's website is only allowing me to choose seats in rows 5 to 11 - or possibly I haven't yet worked out how to navigate further towards the back! Is this normal or is there some secret to choosing seats behind the wing?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by louie-m
We're flying BDV to LGW on TK1165 in economy in a few months, less than T-100. Looking at the seat map on Turkish Airlines' website, the first exits are in front of row 11. Seatguru says that on this version of 737-800, 7A and 7F don't have windows, but other similar websites don't mention that. Is that correct? Regardless of that, what would be the best window seats (with a view) that you don't have to pay for?

Also, TK's website is only allowing me to choose seats in rows 5 to 11 - or possibly I haven't yet worked out how to navigate further towards the back! Is this normal or is there some secret to choosing seats behind the wing?
For the specific configuration of your aircraft, seat 7A won't have a window but seat 7F does. I would suggest you to not pay for an exit seat ( which are rows 11 and 12 ) unless you are tall enough. In addition to that row 5 does have limited extra legroom. If you want an exit row or a bulkhead seat they are given first come first served at check-in for free. However, the best window seat with a view would be 7F, 8A or 8F. Row 6 could be bothersome when there is a baby in row 5 ( the bulkhead row which allows bassinets to be fixed ).

Just be aware that the configuration of your flight could also have Weber seats and Recaro seats. Recaro seats are slimmer than Weber seats so they don't have the exact same legroom in regular rows.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
ISTFLYER you are a star, thank you. 7E and F and 8E and F now booked ^
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:06 am

737-800 business class

Hello, I am planning to book a business class flight (TK1121) from ISL to LGW on 4th of April 2019 which will be operated with a 737-800. Is there anyway find out if this plane will feature thier 2-2 business class or the euro busineas class (economy with blocked middlenseat)?
I tried to look it up on Seat alerts and it shows me this configuration
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:27 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Freakuency
Hello, I am planning to book a business class flight (TK1121) from ISL to LGW on 4th of April 2019 which will be operated with a 737-800. Is there anyway find out if this plane will feature thier 2-2 business class or the euro busineas class (economy with blocked middlenseat)?
I tried to look it up on Seat alerts and it shows me this configuration
Your flight will have proper business class seats. A-B E-F are recliner business seats while A-C D-F are Eurobusiness.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.