Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:52 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by kevinsac
On the SFO-IST route, it’s 777-300 aircraft. Business class. Nice C seats, modern, comfortabl, fully lie-flat??? Or older version seats?
All 777s are lie flat. Some have a refreshed interior but that's all.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by starflyergold
All 777s are lie flat. Some have a refreshed interior but that's all.
comfortable compared to LH or UA or others airlines’s C seats? Or outdated and uncomfortable? It’s a long time SFO-IST! 😉
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum

comfortable compared to LH or UA or others airlines’s C seats? Or outdated and uncomfortable? It’s a long time SFO-IST! 😉
I haven’t been in the UA Polaris cabin, so I can’t voice a valid opinion there, but I much prefer TK’s business product to LH and non-Polaris UA.

kevinsac likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:56 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

A lot more comfortable compared to LH's footsie class.
smellme and gr8pirate like this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Thanks, all. Now, so long as no riots, delays, etc ... we will be fine. I just booked the trip based on your feedback.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
On the SFO-IST route, it’s 777-300 aircraft. Business class. Nice C seats, modern, comfortabl, fully lie-flat??? Or older version seats?

Yes, you’ll have a comfortable lie-flat seat. Watch some TK business class 777 trip reports on YouTube to get a clear picture on what to expect.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have looked around before posting. It seems some recent videos show older, somewhat worn grey seats. And then there are two videos, also recent, that show a more-modern design to the C seats.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: SK *G, Marriott Titanium
Are the old C seats replaced in the entire TK fleet? (The old version being the brown/taupe ones) Or can you still be unlucky and get a flight with them?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Etihad Bronze
BHX-IST routes with 737-800

According to my booking for March/April the seat layout is showing a 73H and the seats in J are only showing 2-2 with numbers A-B and E-F.
Does this mean that it is the new 2-2 cabin?
Can't find out how to find what the actual cabin layout was even by finding the a/c registrations from https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk1968
Anyone have any experience of the BHX route?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:04 pm

Flying ATL-IST on April 15th, any idea if the A332 will have the lie flat seats?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I've recently flown on TK609/608 IST-NBO-IST on an old (and I mean old) A330-200. The seats were more midhaul recliner seat and not even the angled lie flat you get on other A330-200 flying some longhaul destinations. Judging by the safety card there are only two of these birds in the fleet: TC-JNG and TC-JNF (both are ex-Qatar and Volare before that)

Does IST-NBO still have angle flat in business?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:04 am

I think TK is currently operating IST-NBO with a B738, at least as per flightaware.com. I believe they will resume the A332 on the route from April 1st although I am not entirely sure. Would also be interested in finding out whether TK will be using any of the retrofitted fully-flat 332's on this route.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Hi all,

I'm booked on ATL-IST-TXL in J for late May. The long haul legs to and from ATL are showing on A330-203 aircraft. I *thought* I read somewhere in these threads that ATL was going to the all-flat bed configured 332s, with 18 seats in the J cabin (2-2-2 config).
The Turkish website seatmap shows me in 04A (window) so there are apparently 4 rows on the airplane in J, 4AB on the left side and 4E (or maybe 4K? the seatmap is all janky) on the right side. Seat guru says this bird is angle-flat.

2 questions for those in the know:

A: is this really still an angle-flat configuration. and...
B: The flight is now showing J0 for that date. In the event TK equipment-subs to the lie-flat config with only -3- rows ... should I be concerned that I'm in row 4? What's their pecking order for downgrades? I have no *A status, but it is a paid J ticket (not award). I'd be flexible with a reroute but the ATL-IST flight leaves after 10pm, so there really aren't many options out of ATL by then, unless TK proactively contacts people about the downgrades (I'm doubting this).

thanks for listening!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
Hi all,

I'm booked on ATL-IST-TXL in J for late May. The long haul legs to and from ATL are showing on A330-203 aircraft. I *thought* I read somewhere in these threads that ATL was going to the all-flat bed configured 332s, with 18 seats in the J cabin (2-2-2 config).
The Turkish website seatmap shows me in 04A (window) so there are apparently 4 rows on the airplane in J, 4AB on the left side and 4E (or maybe 4K? the seatmap is all janky) on the right side. Seat guru says this bird is angle-flat.

2 questions for those in the know:

A: is this really still an angle-flat configuration. and...
B: The flight is now showing J0 for that date. In the event TK equipment-subs to the lie-flat config with only -3- rows ... should I be concerned that I'm in row 4? What's their pecking order for downgrades? I have no *A status, but it is a paid J ticket (not award). I'd be flexible with a reroute but the ATL-IST flight leaves after 10pm, so there really aren't many options out of ATL by then, unless TK proactively contacts people about the downgrades (I'm doubting this).

thanks for listening!
Since it went 332 in January it has been run every day with the lie-flat A332, except for one day it equipment swapped with an A333 which is lie-flat. Are you using expert flyer seat map or TKs. It was showing the 4 row config on my April trip as well but now shows as the 18J version.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by dlnewbie
Since it went 332 in January it has been run every day with the lie-flat A332, except for one day it equipment swapped with an A333 which is lie-flat. Are you using expert flyer seat map or TKs. It was showing the 4 row config on my April trip as well but now shows as the 18J version.
thanks for the reply. I booked using an OTA and reserved the seats with the OTA's seat map. The OTA seatmap showed the 4-row config. When I check the "manage booking" on TK's website, it also shows the 4-row config. I don't have an ExpertFlyer account so I'm not sure what they are showing. I've got 10 weeks until I fly (late May), so maybe it'll adjust when things get finalized.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.