Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Typically SIN and BKK get the new seats, this has been my experience so far.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by CAlex
Typically SIN and BKK get the new seats, this has been my experience so far.
which are?!?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Full-flat beds like the 777, I thought that was implied... On A330 they are arranged in a 2x2x2 configuration, unlike 2x3x2 on 777.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:33 am

That looks very nice for a narrow body plane. ^

I'm booked in business class for a short haul international flight, PRG-IST on an A320. I'm getting conflicting info with some sites showing a 2-2 layout and others a 2-3 layout. Does anyone know what this will actually be like on the A320? And also what the baggage allowance for short haul international business is? I booked with United miles and it lists 1 40Kg bag per person on United's website (with a second for $50), but on Turkish's website, it says 30Kg total per person and then they charge by the Kg after that.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
The TK website shows only one seat config for the A340; although when I look at the Business Class section of the website it has an excel document that seems to indicate several different configurations with pitch/recline etc. I realize the 340s don't have lie-flat but is there at this point only one type of seat/config flying and the document link below is outdated?

see link below
http://wwwdownload.thy.com/download/...s_class_en.zip

If it helps I'm scheduled to fly CANIST. Actually flying from HKT/BKK but for some reason it routes me HKTBKKCANIST due to availability of J.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by cpmed43
That looks very nice for a narrow body plane. ^

I'm booked in business class for a short haul international flight, PRG-IST on an A320. I'm getting conflicting info with some sites showing a 2-2 layout and others a 2-3 layout. Does anyone know what this will actually be like on the A320? And also what the baggage allowance for short haul international business is? I booked with United miles and it lists 1 40Kg bag per person on United's website (with a second for $50), but on Turkish's website, it says 30Kg total per person and then they charge by the Kg after that.
I am finding the same conflicting information about short-haul business class on TK A320, FRA-IST. Any help to know what the business class layout will be on this short-haul int'l. flight will be helpful.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:29 pm

Turkish Airlines uses the European style business class seats on some narrowbody flights and you will get the typical economy class seat with the middle seats blocked. I presume the seat pitch will be better than regular Y - 34-35 inches.

But TK also has some narrowbody aircraft featuring 2-2/real business class seats, but honestly your guess is as good as mine.

Unless you are flying 737-900ERs, just be prepared for those European style business class seats.

Carfield
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
IST-BKK TK64 new C?

I tried searching for this, but does anyone know if IST-BKK TK64 is on the new A330 C? I'd prefer to fly ZRH-BKK on LX C but award availability is nil...

If not, you think they will have it by May 2013? I don't know if I would want to fly the overnight on the old TK C.... and SQonly has 772's available which is even worse I'd say than old TK C

Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Last time I took that flight in March it was an A330 with the new C...thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure on other threads around here people have said that it's been majority operated by an A330
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:34 pm

I just was told by TK that it is the new C!

But they won't do seat assignments until the end of January for a May flight.. Weird
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I just was told by TK that it is the new C!

But they won't do seat assignments until the end of January for a May flight.. Weird
They do it 3 months in advance for C class. If I am not mistaken the IST-BKK route gets the A330 with fully flat seats on certain days and the A340 on others. Not sure how it is in May though.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by LAX888
They do it 3 months in advance for C class. If I am not mistaken the IST-BKK route gets the A330 with fully flat seats on certain days and the A340 on others. Not sure how it is in May though.
For my day, there is a 330 leaving about 4 hours before the a340 leaves. I picked the earlier flight, so I'm scared about an equip swap.

Thanks for info on seat assignments, is the new C the same layout as old C on a330? Not sure what would be better, the very back A-B or front A-B as they both have potential noise issues(bar and galley) on a night flight. Opinions?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: *G
Flying this route last week in a330 my seat was not fully flat

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...ence-tk-c.html
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: FB
Flat beds on MAN-PVG and MAN-HK??

I want to fly MAN-PVG and MAN-HKG business class

will I get flat bed all the way? or only part way? what are the chances?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
If the flights are operated on the 77W from IST you will get the flat bad. However I doubt you have the flat bed on MAN-IST-MAN as these flights are also operated by the narrow body fleet which does not have the new product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.