Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
By the way, 32N is an A321neo.
As ISTFlyer already stated, 32N is a Neo.
If you have a choice of getting a neo, I would go with that as it has a slightly updated cabin - see pictures in the wiki-thread ISTFlyer mentioned.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, SkyTeam Gold, *A Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, mother's favorite son
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
If you have a choice of getting a neo, I would go with that as it has a slightly updated cabin - see pictures in the wiki-thread ISTFlyer mentioned.
Thanks. I'm not a fan of the trend towards harder slimline seats, so I'd probably prefer a soft old 737-900 recliner to the neo's firmer new seat. The only question is whether a 73J would be likelier to be swapped out than a 321?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Zeffer
Thanks. I'm not a fan of the trend towards harder slimline seats, so I'd probably prefer a soft old 737-900 recliner to the neo's firmer new seat. The only question is whether a 73J would be likelier to be swapped out than a 321?
It could be swapped, especially when the MAX's are out of schedule and TK is out of spare aircraft. Even a 737-900ER recliner could be changed to an old A319 at any time with Euro-J seats.
This year, one of my flights was swapped from a 737-900ER to an A319 and a few years ago one of my IST-MUC flights was swapped from an A330-300 with lie-flat seats to an A319 with Euro-J seats. So if I were you, I wouldn't trust on TK and choose the flight that would best fit into my schedule or cheapest one.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:02 am

Thanks ISTFlyer ... just to come back to this.... unfortunately i wasn't able to get us all in row 23/24 or row 42 (partially sold). how close is the wall on 11 for the center bulkhead (DEG)? some reviews are saying its "very" close so not sure if that means the legroom is worse than a regular, non-bulkhead row. I'm about 6'1" so legroom is important... just not sure its worth the $440 i'd have to pay to select 4 seats.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Even though you haven't mentioned, your question should be related to the 777-300ER.

As row 11 is not an emergency exit row, the legroom is not that generous compared to rows 23/24 and 42. The legroom should be similar to regular row seats. Personally, I have never flown at row 11 at a Boeing 777-300ER since now so other members may have a better insight. It may not be worth $110 pp, but also don't forget the perk that you would disembark first which could save you time on USA bound flights at US Customs & Border Control if you don't have Global Entry, Mobile Passport, etc...

Also, a reminder that if there is a baby on board and row 11 is a bassinet row, you may be dumped to the back depending on the number of baby passengers on board and get a refund for your seats.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:22 am

Question about 6th seat row on a321

Hi,
I'll be flying in an A321 which according to the seatmap it looks more like an a321ceo.
I selected 6F which is exactly in front of the 2-seat exit row.
Does anybody know if the 6th row has a window? I can't remember for sure, I was just wondering because it is too close to that exit door. I am pretty sure that the seat also doesn't recline there but that's not really an issue for me.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angf1
Hi,
I'll be flying in an A321 which according to the seatmap it looks more like an a321ceo.
I selected 6F which is exactly in front of the 2-seat exit row.
Does anybody know if the 6th row has a window? I can't remember for sure, I was just wondering because it is too close to that exit door. I am pretty sure that the seat also doesn't recline there but that's not really an issue for me.
Yes, it has a window; however, the seat width is less than other rows as the tray table is under the armrest. By the way, that seat reclines. In addition, if there is a baby on board, you would be dumped off from your seat as that seat is a bassinet seat as well.

Edit: Poster has provided more information about the case so the statement above is not valid for his/her case.

By the way, I have asked the moderators to merge this thread with the relevant seating thread.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Nov 7, 2019 at 7:19 am Reason: Stated
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:57 am

Right, thanks.
Are you sure that it's this kind of seat? Because unlike to what I saw at seat guru in front of the exit there are two rows, 6 and 5 and then there's the business class. So there should be one extra row of economy in front of me which in theory makes mine a regular seat.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angf1
Right, thanks.
Are you sure that it's this kind of seat? Because unlike to what I saw at seat guru in front of the exit there are two rows, 6 and 5 and then there's the business class. So there should be one extra row of economy in front of me which in theory makes mine a regular seat.
There are 5 different seat maps for A321.
If you send the details of your flight ( date and flight number ), I could confirm it.

From the information that you have provided, I assume that it is a 5 row-J seater, new A321; however, it could also be an ex-Kingfisher A321.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:12 am

It's the TK869 on 22 Dec
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, it's a 4-row-J Airbus A321. Code: 32R
So this means that seat does not recline, however, the seat is a regular seat. Be aware that behind you there would be a crew seat if you choose that seat.
In that configuration, 6F has a window but IMO 10F would be a better seat.

Also, be aware that TK is famous for their last-minute aircraft changes, so don't be surprised if the aircraft configuration or the type has changed.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:39 pm

Anyone have any idea what TK748 IST-SEZ 1 July 2020 in J will be? It was originally on their 330-200 with 1-1-1 but they just swapped their aircraft to 2-2-2, can't tell if it's lie flat or not.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbongc
Anyone have any idea what TK748 IST-SEZ 1 July 2020 in J will be? It was originally on their 330-200 with 1-1-1 but they just swapped their aircraft to 2-2-2, can't tell if it's lie flat or not.
Too early to tell, don't be surprised if the aircraft type changes one more time.

The current configuration for that specific flight on the date you provided is an A330-300 with lie-flat seats.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:57 pm

Istanbul - Mumbai business class

Hi, can anyone share their experience of flying Istanbul - Mumbai on business class please? Are the seats lie-flat or recliners. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hanah
Hi, can anyone share their experience of flying Istanbul - Mumbai on business class please? Are the seats lie-flat or recliners. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.
There are no 777-300ER in the TK fleet which has recliners so you would have a lie-flat seat to Mumbai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.