Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:54 am

did I make a bad mistake? A343 in C ...

Flying to BKK in December - I've never flown TK longhaul, but on the strong advice of colleagues who are big Turkish Airlines fans, I booked flights IST-BKK. Now I see that route is regularly flown by the A343 which I see from this forum is the old angled seats in Business ... are we going to be miserable???
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Tartegnin
Flying to BKK in December - I've never flown TK longhaul, but on the strong advice of colleagues who are big Turkish Airlines fans, I booked flights IST-BKK. Now I see that route is regularly flown by the A343 which I see from this forum is the old angled seats in Business ... are we going to be miserable???
It is bearable. I've flown A343 quite a few times. Angled seat kinda sucks but you can pre-order Sea Food Meal (or anything else to you likening), you can have some drink in the lounge and onboard. Food (most likely) is gonna be great. Sleep will be so so but still bearable.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:36 am

I agree with dabee69.

For a good night sleep,get a 2nd duvet + pillow and bolster the footrest
to equate the angle.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:58 am

thanks for the advice ...

regarding meals, we have overnight flights both ways, so I'm guessing the meal service on board will be pretty limited - would it still be worth pre-ordering meals?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: Diamond Club, Krisflyer, BA Exec
TK90 - A343 or 777 ?

Booked on TK90 IST-ICN, 5th December

Showing as A343 but recently a 777 has been used according to flightstats.

Does anyone know if this is a temporary measure or is it just the same Turkish luck of the draw what you will get on the day?

thanks, Gordies
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:30 am

Regular meals on TK are very good, no need to preorder anything special unless you feel like it. Meal service is not limited despite the timing of the flights, same full meal service as usual.

As far as the seats, if you have flown with angled seats on other carriers (Lufthansa etc), the TK angled seats are similar. Not as good as full lie flats but still comfortable enough.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:39 pm

Can I ask you how do you check it on flightstats?
I am doing a trip to Cape Town and its says 330. I would like to know which aircraft they normally use on it. Can you tell how to check it please on flightstats
Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Tartegnin
thanks for the advice ...

regarding meals, we have overnight flights both ways, so I'm guessing the meal service on board will be pretty limited - would it still be worth pre-ordering meals?
They usually start with a Champagne Cocktail,than you'll get a 5 course dinner.

They're offering nice Port and/or Cognac etc afterwards which I can warmly recommend.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 3:11 am

Which aicraft on the JNB, CPT route

I am planning to book business to Cpt from Dub and it shows it as 330 aircraft. Can someone tell me how do I check which aircraft gets used regularly on this route. The 333, 332, 340?
I prefer going on the nice 333 aircraft with the new flat beds than the older version beds, aircraft.

Your help would be appreciated
Old Oct 14, 2012, 3:30 am

Maybe this website could help you.
Just enter the names of the airport or the flight number. After you have selected your flight you will see a list below the map with all the information about the past flights on the route.
Hope this helps you.

Edo

Last edited by edoa; Oct 14, 2012 at 3:36 am
Old Oct 14, 2012, 6:55 am

Thanks for that but it still just shows 330. Doesn't say if its the 200 or 300 series.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Do TK have any plans to upgrade their A343 with the new Business Class. I'm planning to book an award to CMN next summer, which sadly is operated by the A343. Any chance they'll be refurbished by then?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold
It has mostly been A 333 lately and it seems to remain like that for the winter schedule... But with TK you never know
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moeser
They usually start with a Champagne Cocktail,than you'll get a 5 course dinner.

They're offering nice Port and/or Cognac etc afterwards which I can warmly recommend.

Port and cognac???^
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: OZ D+, BA Silver, IC Royal Plat. Ambassador
TK rep in Korea told me B777 service is out after this weekend. It was usually only running once weekly with occasional last minute changes on other days. So I very much doubt you will get a 777 in Dec.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.