Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: USAirways Dividend Miles
TK82 June 2nd & TK81 June 9th BOS/IST/BOS business class ?

Hello.

Ive got Business Class seats booked on Tuesday June 2nd from Boston to IST and return Tuesday June 9th.

The TK website shows both aircraft as A340 which historically have the old angled flat seats - not the new product the airline heavily promotes.

A few questions:

- I've seen reference to the possibility that equipment other than the A340 may rotate in an out of these flights - true?

- If the rotation is true, would the change be scheduled this far out from June thus you could tell from looking at booking page on TK website?

- I've seen mention that some of the A340 planes interiors have been updated? Is this true of the business class section? TK website shows 5 A340 in their fleet, again if update is true, any idea how many of the 5 have been updated?

- If the above is true of A340 updates, can you tell by looking at booking page on TK website?

I guess I should have paid more close attention to this when I booked. Its hard to spend this kind of money on what to me, is an inferior product considering the product that nearly every other airline has put out in last 24 months and the actual airline delivers elsewhere in its operations.

thank you very much in advance for any assistance.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
LHR equipment and seat selection

Hello,

I'm flying LHR-IST and back on TK, I'm A3*G
I Called them and without even asking for my card number I was able to select seats on both ways
Ex LHR it's a B777, they allocated me seat 16a, I'm flying Y but I know that most B777s are in a three class configuration and that 16 is economy comfort.

Are there any two class B777 ? I can't find a seat map
Return will be on A321 seat 10A which I can presume that it's an exit row seat?

Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Hello,

I'm flying LHR-IST and back on TK, I'm A3*G
I Called them and without even asking for my card number I was able to select seats on both ways
Ex LHR it's a B777, they allocated me seat 16a, I'm flying Y but I know that most B777s are in a three class configuration and that 16 is economy comfort.

Are there any two class B777 ? I can't find a seat map
Return will be on A321 seat 10A which I can presume that it's an exit row seat?

Thanks
16A is an economy seat on a two class B777.

Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Which are the best seats in a321 and b777 two-class configuration?

thnx
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Which are the best seats in a321 and b777 two-class configuration?
The front part has the bigger seats
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by duvin
The front part has the bigger seats
^
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
A333 row 37 (or 36)?

I am traveling on TK8 from IAD to IST on April 25th along with my fiance. Having noted from several sources that Row 37 has extra space and legroom (due to the transition from 4 --> 3 across) I called Turkish and reserved both aisles in that row. Seatguru and various web postings all note that this is row 37, however when I make a dummy booking on the TK website, the seat map shows that the transition row is labeled 36, not 37. The TK agent I spoke to on the phone said that she had placed us in the transition row, but the TK map shows us booked one row behind. So, which is correct? And is it worth taking the gamble that the middle seat in this row remains unoccupied, or should we just bite the bullet and grab one of the remaining 2-seaters before they fill?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier
I am traveling on TK8 from IAD to IST on April 25th along with my fiance. Having noted from several sources that Row 37 has extra space and legroom (due to the transition from 4 --> 3 across) I called Turkish and reserved both aisles in that row. Seatguru and various web postings all note that this is row 37, however when I make a dummy booking on the TK website, the seat map shows that the transition row is labeled 36, not 37. The TK agent I spoke to on the phone said that she had placed us in the transition row, but the TK map shows us booked one row behind. So, which is correct? And is it worth taking the gamble that the middle seat in this row remains unoccupied, or should we just bite the bullet and grab one of the remaining 2-seaters before they fill?

Thanks in advance!
The transition row is def row 36. A dummy booking shows your 2 aisle seats in the row behind. If you want the transition row, call and ask to change to row 36. In my experience, on some aircraft, the armrest does not lift in this row so don't count on being able to lie down.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
Thanks Michael - I did call previously and explained what I wanted to the phone rep. They told me that it was Row 37, which is where they booked us. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the risk, or if I should just snag one of the remaining 2-pair seats and eliminate any chance that we end up in a middle seat.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:46 am

For the two-class B777-300, does anybody know which is the row in economy forward of the wing which does not have a window?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Please edit wiki to the fact that IST-HKG is now two class B777 without comfort class.

Also, having now flown it both ways in economy I can give some suggestions where to sit.

First we had 40J and 40K.
- There was no window.
- Aisle seats C and H are bit prone to be bumped into while people pass through, so I would take ABJK instead.
- There is protrusion from the slide at door which takes 1/3-1/2 of leg space on A and K. Otherwise there is massive legroom.
- There is galley slightly front of this area in middle. I did not find it bothersome at all.

Took a look at 42 middle rows DEG (bulkhead) and they seemed to have pretty usual legroom for such space, meaning bit of extra. Enough for everyone under 175cm I would say. Longer people cant quite get their feet straight.

Second time we have 23E and 23G
- Toilets are right next to you. There is LOTS of traffic and noise and people try to change side by stepping over your legs which is irritating if you try to rest. They cant do it at row 38 as the seats are at wall. People also seem to gather front of exit seats 24ABCHJK and there is constant light flashes coming from toilet when door is opened.
- Legroom was ok and typical for such bulkhead. People under 175cm should be ok.

Based on this, I would try to take 40 AB JK or 42 DEG
If those are gone, then probably 24 AB JK. I would likely avoid 23 DEG unless you plan to stay awake and just want extra legroom.

I did not check row 11 situation unfortunately.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Plat
Is the front cabin or the mini cabin better in J for the two-class 777? Anybody with experience in both sections? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I eye witnessed Comfort Class on TK79 April 24. No CC was offered for purchase. C had 2-3-2 config, 4 rows, every seat taken.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:57 am

I'm flying Business on the same route SFO-IST in July! Already called and reserved my window seat!
Old May 4, 2015, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by dabee69
I eye witnessed Comfort Class on TK79 April 24. No CC was offered for purchase. C had 2-3-2 config, 4 rows, every seat taken.
That does not sound good. I am booked in business SFO-IST in June as a part of Aeroplan redemption. Sounds like TK may swap an aircraft from the current one with 7 rows in business, to the other one with just 4 rows in business + comfort class.

What happens if they involuntarily downgrade me from business to comfort or to economy because of aircraft swap, in terms of compensation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.