Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:23 pm

Well according to the SFO Airport press release...the aircraft is "a Boeing 777-300ER aircraft seating a total of 337 passengers."

This would indicate it will be the V2 Business, Economy Comfort, and Economy aircraft.

I'm sure that'll generate a mixed reaction. I love TK's Premium Economy so in that aspect this is great news...but the bad news is there is no First...and Business is much more cramped

http://www.flysfo.com/media/press-re...h-airlines-sfo
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Awww. Yeah, if it's "337" passengers, that sounds like the V2 interiors: business class is 2+3+2 across, and the seats are not fully flat.

A bit of a disappointment.

Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:28 am

All 77W versions of TK have fully flat J seats. The only difference is whether you have Y+ or instead none and more Y seats.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:59 am

According to seatguru, the Turkish Airlines 777-300ER V2 has "28 flat bed seats with 177 degree recline". Maybe flat-ish, but that sounds like it does have a bit of an angle.

I would say that the difference between the two configurations in J looks like a lot more than just 3 degrees of angle on the seats:

In the V2 J cabin, the seats are 2-3-2 and straight across (which is the same configuration they have in Economy Comfort - though I'm sure the seat itself is not the same).

In the V1 J cabin, the seats are 1-2-1 across, angled, in semi-private pods. Looks like lots of personal space. These seats (the seats themselves, as well as the space they occupy) do not look at all like the J seats in the V2 J cabin.

From looking over the photos of these seats on seatguru, I'd say the V1 seats look GREAT - competitive with the best of today's international J seats.

The V2 seats look mostly OK, but clearly not top-notch. It looks like the seats themselves are about the same size (22" wide, with 78" pitch). Not sure about how much one might notice the slight incline on the V2 seat when flattened. The obvious difference is in the degree of privacy for each, and aisle access. Each V1 seat is in a semi-private section, separated from others by a partition. The V2 seats are completely open - no partitions. Then there's that middle seat in the V2 configuration...I would be pretty bummed if I got stuck with that.

I'll be traveling with my spouse, so if we had the 2 seats on the outside, we would not mind "sharing the space" so much, and we could certainly manage access (after both had gone flat/to sleep, climbing/jumping across to access the aisle). But in my experience that requires some acrobatics and almost always wakes the person trying to sleep in the aisle seat, so it's not optimal. If we got stuck in the center 3-across seats along with a stranger, not so great. Yeah, I know, first world problems...

I'm currently "shopping" for which flight to take, comparing multiple airlines and different J products, and for me there are other factors in the mix besides the quality of the J seat. That said, at the top of my priority list is getting a good, solid night's sleep on this very long flight. I do not sleep easily on flights (or in anything that moves) so I'm looking for an environment that is well optimized for sleeping.

I'm guessing that I could probably get some good sleep in the V2 J cabin here (as long as I'm not seated in that very wide-open middle section, where I'd expect to be disturbed frequently). The two seats on the outside (the window-side of the aisle) would probably meet my expectations (although I would much prefer the J seats on the V1 planes!).

How reliable is Turkish Airlines about allowing (and actually honoring) seat selection? I would not consider this flight if there was much chance they would randomly seat me in the 3-acress middle.

Thanks for all the input.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You're making a comparison to the Jet Airways 77W that are not operating on the SFO route. The regular TK Business seat on the 777-300ER is fully flat and great for sleeping. Some airlines angle their fully flat seats slightly since the aircraft cruises in a slightly nose-up position, so in reality the seat will be fully flat 180 degrees, etc.

The seats are slightly exposed, but if you're traveling with a partner then it's not much of an issue. A small privacy screen is available between the seats, and gettinng up from the window seat while the aisle passenger is sleeping is quite effortless. My neighbour didn't even notice me climbing over.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:54 pm

LH4116 is right. The 77W is TK's flag ship aircraft and features their latest J product.

Just check out this image:

http://www.vielflieger-lounges.de/wp...ss-Class-2.jpg
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:16 pm

Hmmm, interesting.

The seats shown in the photo linked from your (Ferhat777's) post looks fine, comfy and very spacious. The seat pictured is the seat used on the SFO flight?

The legroom looks outstanding. OK, so I just got out a tape measure and checked what 78" pitch looks like. Holy cow, that's a crazy big space - there's room to get up and take a stroll back and forth between your seat and the magazines in the seatback in front of you...it looks like you literally could get up and walk a couple steps forward and back to your seat without using the aisle.

Only downside: a video screen would seem very far away if mounted on the seat back. Is it? Or does a smaller screen pop out of that console between the seats?

Thanks again for all the input on this.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Hmmm, interesting.

The seats shown in the photo linked from your (Ferhat777's) post looks fine, comfy and very spacious. The seat pictured is the seat used on the SFO flight?

The legroom looks outstanding. OK, so I just got out a tape measure and checked what 78" pitch looks like. Holy cow, that's a crazy big space - there's room to get up and take a stroll back and forth between your seat and the magazines in the seatback in front of you...it looks like you literally could get up and walk a couple steps forward and back to your seat without using the aisle.

Only downside: a video screen would seem very far away if mounted on the seat back. Is it? Or does a smaller screen pop out of that console between the seats?

Check out my latest trip report and you'll get a good description of Turkish Airlines Business Class product. The video screen is not an issue you can see it clearly and it's not that far away.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post23376944
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: HH G, MR/SPG G, IHG Plat, Club Carlson G, National Exec
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Hmmm, interesting.

The legroom is very generous indeed. The seat is a tad narrow for a chubby guy like me because the arm rests cannot be lowered, but I still managed to sleep like a baby. These is little storage space for personal electronics, and not much privacy from your seatmate. It is overall still a solid hard product, and the DO&CO catering is fantastic. The IFE screen is plenty big.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: TK ELITE
the aircraft on this route will have the new 777's that don't have CC , and the new Business seats..
Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
the aircraft on this route will have the new 777's that don't have CC , and the new Business seats..
No. It will have the 777 with Comfort Class, and there is no new Business seat at the moment. The new 777s which started to arrive a month ago(the ones without CC) also have the exact same Business seats.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I flew from Tel aviv to Istanbul on an A330 (2 hour flight) then from Istanbul to Manchester on a A321 (3.5 hours). I'm flying soon from Manchester back to Tel Aviv via Istanbul so does anyone know if there are only A321 between Manchester and Istanbul or are there other aircraft aswell like A330? Thanks. (Seatguru isn't always accurate as I saw on my flight the way to Manchester)
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I am flying the LHR-IST on an A321 in November in TK Business Class (22:30 departures). For the first time, I am seeing a configuration with 8 rows. Does anyone have insight on whether these are proper business seats, or the 3 x 3 with middle seat blocked config? Tried to find posts on this, but couldn't find any.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:50 am

What is the exact flight date
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Departure date is Nov 10th

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.