Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyerby
E+ members receive two upgrade vouchers per membership year that can be used as system-wide upgrades. Vouchers are not delivered to E+ status holders in physical or electronic form and only exist on the screens of TK agents.

It is advisable to call TK to verify the number of vouchers you have prior to and after the upgrade (unless you have no vouchers left).

Upgrades are done by calling TK CS or a local TK office (by phone or email).

One voucher is needed to upgrade per direction. For example, the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK will need one voucher to upgrade, and the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK-IST-LHR will need two vouchers. If an agent tells you otherwise, HUCA.

How to find itineraries with availability for a voucher upgrade?
Find an itinerary in any class in Y that has 4 seats left in J booking class on the same itinerary as the Y. To be extra cautious, you may also check the individual legs (when applicable) for 4 seats left in J booking class. For example, for the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK, check at least that LHR-IST-BKK has 4 seats left in J booking class, and in addition, check LHR-IST and IST-BKK individually too.

You can no longer check for upgrade availability without having an e-ticket number.

A relatively low-risk method of proceeding is therefore...

1) Reserve a ticket online with TK but don't pay for the ticket yet. Just put it on hold for 48 hours for free for E+ members.
2) Book an economy class ticket on the same itinerary with a reputable USA-based OTA that offers a 24-hour cooling-off / full refund period.
3) Once you have received your e-ticket number, go to Manage Booking on the TK website and check if TK has offered a business upgrade with miles for your intineray. Any segment eligible for an upgrade with miles on the website is also eligible for an upgrade with E+ vouchers.
4) Another option would be to call TK CS and ask an agent to check if the ticket in (2) is upgradeable with your vouchers. Do not upgrade this ticket; just check.
5) Once availability is confirmed for your itinerary, pay for the ticket in (1). Upon payment and ticketing, call TK CS to ask an agent to upgrade this ticket.
6) Cancel for free the ticket in (2).

Another even lower-risk method would be to skip (1) and just upgrade the ticket in (2). If unsuccessful with the E+ upgrade, you can proceed to cancel your economy ticket within the 24-hour cooling-off period. Going with this route, you would then have to be in contact with the OTA and not TK in cases of schedule change, cancellation, or IRROP, which is not usually advisable unless you really have to.

You might be asked to enter a PIN number via an automatic system to access your vouchers; this is the PIN you use to log on to your TK M&S account.

Print Wikipost

Elite Plus upgrade voucher

Old May 30, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
How did that open jaw price out @AirCanada881 ?

Whenever I try to open jaw Asia I seem to get super high prices...
Old May 30, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
How did that open jaw price out @AirCanada881 ?

Whenever I try to open jaw Asia I seem to get super high prices...
545 euros RT. DPS was 595 and SGN 489 round trip so got hit dead in the middle.
craigthemif and gr8pirate like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Hi, I used my Elite+ upgrade voucher on a flexible ticket in H.
In the TK itinerary, I read fare basis: HN, coupon status: open
Does that sound correct for you? Thx
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
Hi, I used my Elite+ upgrade voucher on a flexible ticket in H.
In the TK itinerary, I read fare basis: HN, coupon status: open
Does that sound correct for you? Thx
Yes!
cloudzocker likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:39 am

Whilst on the phone with an agent this morning he was able to check availability using Upgrade vouchers & confirmed J availability is the only requirement. Of course we all know this to be false.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
Whilst on the phone with an agent this morning he was able to check availability using Upgrade vouchers & confirmed J availability is the only requirement. Of course we all know this to be false.
I assume he was able to check availability on a confirmed (economy) ticket - not on a simple reservation?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

I assume he was able to check availability on a confirmed (economy) ticket - not on a simple reservation?
Well no that's the thing, he checked availability just by asking me for a flight number & a date.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:45 am

Well no that's the thing, he checked availability just by asking me for a flight number & a date.
Interesting, he probably "just" checked J availability then...
Having said that, I was at the airport sales office a few days ago and they also confirmed that J is the only requirement.
AirCanada881 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:24 am

Something I don't quite understand with TK's membership year.I'm Elite + since June 2017. My 2 year membership ended June 2019. I was automatically renewed... Until August 2021! I don't understand the 2 extra months. In parallel my upgrade vouchers usually available from June N to May N+1 are now on a August N to July N+1 schedule. My vouchers for 2019 expired on 30th June 2019 (I used them beforehand thankfully) & I wanted to use my new vouchers for the upcoming year but they aren't available until August 1st. Any one have a similar story? What's the logic?

PS: Not complaining, I'm happy to wait 10 days to get my vouchers, just trying to understand the what & why.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:40 am

Something I don't quite understand with TK's membership year.I'm Elite + since June 2017. My 2 year membership ended June 2019. I was automatically renewed... Until August 2021! I don't understand the 2 extra months. In parallel my upgrade vouchers usually available from June N to May N+1 are now on a August N to July N+1 schedule. My vouchers for 2019 expired on 30th June 2019 (I used them beforehand thankfully) & I wanted to use my new vouchers for the upcoming year but they aren't available until August 1st. Any one have a similar story? What's the logic?

PS: Not complaining, I'm happy to wait 10 days to get my vouchers, just trying to understand the what & why.
I think it is related to the system upgrade last year (which still isn't completed). A few people saw their membership years shift.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Just a heads up to everyone here (maybe we can put it in the wiki as well?), if you use miles or voucher to upgrade, please check the number of miles you've earned after the flight. The system automatically issues the minimum number of miles (25%) even though you might have had the full economy class prior to the upgrade (you could have indeed earned 100%). This happened to me now 4 times in a row and I wanted to give a heads up.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by flyjfk
Just a heads up to everyone here (maybe we can put it in the wiki as well?), if you use miles or voucher to upgrade, please check the number of miles you've earned after the flight. The system automatically issues the minimum number of miles (25%) even though you might have had the full economy class prior to the upgrade (you could have indeed earned 100%). This happened to me now 4 times in a row and I wanted to give a heads up.
Thank you, I just updated the wiki!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by flyjfk
Yes, this was discussed on another nearby thread. It does seem to be 100% consistent that you get 25% until you submit the web form to get it manually corrected. Us BMI refugees are well used to this sort of flaky IT. Though with BMI it invariably worked the opposite way in your favour
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

I just upgraded with vouchers at a THY office. Accompllshed in minutes. The helpful agent said that the only requirement was J class, but added that availability across "married sectors" could complicate things - but there was a work-around to this.

So who knows ?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I just upgraded with vouchers at a THY office. Accompllshed in minutes. The helpful agent said that the only requirement was J class, but added that availability across "married sectors" could complicate things - but there was a work-around to this.

So who knows ?
I'm going to upgrade a ticket this week, if the agent on the phone gives me a different story I will ask to speak to a manager, will report back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.