Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyerby
E+ members receive two upgrade vouchers per membership year that can be used as system-wide upgrades. Vouchers are not delivered to E+ status holders in physical or electronic form and only exist on the screens of TK agents.

It is advisable to call TK to verify the number of vouchers you have prior to and after the upgrade (unless you have no vouchers left).

Upgrades are done by calling TK CS or a local TK office (by phone or email).

One voucher is needed to upgrade per direction. For example, the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK will need one voucher to upgrade, and the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK-IST-LHR will need two vouchers. If an agent tells you otherwise, HUCA.

How to find itineraries with availability for a voucher upgrade?
Find an itinerary in any class in Y that has 4 seats left in J booking class on the same itinerary as the Y. To be extra cautious, you may also check the individual legs (when applicable) for 4 seats left in J booking class. For example, for the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK, check at least that LHR-IST-BKK has 4 seats left in J booking class, and in addition, check LHR-IST and IST-BKK individually too.

You can no longer check for upgrade availability without having an e-ticket number.

A relatively low-risk method of proceeding is therefore...

1) Reserve a ticket online with TK but don't pay for the ticket yet. Just put it on hold for 48 hours for free for E+ members.
2) Book an economy class ticket on the same itinerary with a reputable USA-based OTA that offers a 24-hour cooling-off / full refund period.
3) Once you have received your e-ticket number, go to Manage Booking on the TK website and check if TK has offered a business upgrade with miles for your intineray. Any segment eligible for an upgrade with miles on the website is also eligible for an upgrade with E+ vouchers.
4) Another option would be to call TK CS and ask an agent to check if the ticket in (2) is upgradeable with your vouchers. Do not upgrade this ticket; just check.
5) Once availability is confirmed for your itinerary, pay for the ticket in (1). Upon payment and ticketing, call TK CS to ask an agent to upgrade this ticket.
6) Cancel for free the ticket in (2).

Another even lower-risk method would be to skip (1) and just upgrade the ticket in (2). If unsuccessful with the E+ upgrade, you can proceed to cancel your economy ticket within the 24-hour cooling-off period. Going with this route, you would then have to be in contact with the OTA and not TK in cases of schedule change, cancellation, or IRROP, which is not usually advisable unless you really have to.

You might be asked to enter a PIN number via an automatic system to access your vouchers; this is the PIN you use to log on to your TK M&S account.

Print Wikipost

Elite Plus upgrade voucher

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: Star Gold
Voucher expiration date

My EP+ expires on 30 October 2018.

I have not used any of my first year vouchers yet.
EP+ rules say 2 vouchers for the first year, and two for the second year, with the second year vouchers available only after the first years' vouchers expire.

The Elite line says I have two vouchers, one expiring 30 October 2017, the other 30 October 2018.

Is that possible ?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:31 am

I recently crossed the threshold to E+, can the upgrade vouchers be seen online in my profile somewhere, or do I have to call to even know for sure they made it to my account (I have no reason to think they did not, but still I'd like to trust but verify).

And as a separate question, are these given as 2 per calendar year or elite year?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by belize 1
The Elite line says I have two vouchers, one expiring 30 October 2017, the other 30 October 2018.

Is that possible ?
Not really. I'd HUCA. At this time, you should have 2 vouchers for your first year, redeemable until 30/OCT/17.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Boston Elite
I recently crossed the threshold to E+, can the upgrade vouchers be seen online in my profile somewhere, or do I have to call to even know for sure they made it to my account (I have no reason to think they did not, but still I'd like to trust but verify).

And as a separate question, are these given as 2 per calendar year or elite year?
No they can't.

You'll have 2 Upgrades ( vouchers ) per E+ year.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Recently upgraded to E+.

Looking to spend the upgrade vouchers to/from Asia this autumn. Didn't realise how hard it would be to find "Q" availability (cheapest 100% fare I believe) and "J" availability on the same flights. Matrix pulls up a fair amount of stale data. I don't suppose anybody has any tips to share?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Unless you want 100% miles you don't need Q fare to redeem your vouchers. If you're flying out of YZZ you'll be shocked to find out they've recently zeroed out all J fare buckets to pretty much all of cities. I upgraded TPE-YYZ ( return segment) recently and at the moment it'd be impossible to change date even if I'm willing to pay Y and B fares.

The only J fare I find is OSL-YYZ which wouldn't even make sense to upgrade since the revenue flight would cost 1350 EUR.

Last edited by vincewy; Sep 3, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by vincewy
The only J fare I find is OSL-YYZ which wouldn't even make sense to upgrade since the revenue flight would cost 1350 EUR.
I'm green with jealousy at the J fares you get from that general area these days. I'd pay that.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vincewy
Unless you want 100% miles you don't need Q fare to redeem your vouchers.
I know. But with a single return in Q of sufficient distance I should earn enough miles to requalify E+. The added cost of Q is much less than mileage running something later on.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I know. But with a single return in Q of sufficient distance I should earn enough miles to requalify E+. The added cost of Q is much less than mileage running something later on.
If Q is not available, try E. It is slightly more expensive but much easier to find IME.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by godsquare
If Q is not available, try E. It is slightly more expensive but much easier to find IME.
^

Has anybody managed to put a reservation on hold online, then visit an (airport) ticketing office to pay and process the upgrade at the same time?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by craigthemif
^

Has anybody managed to put a reservation on hold online, then visit an (airport) ticketing office to pay and process the upgrade at the same time?
I have done it at their Shanghai office, no problem
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: TK E+
How would TK handle a situation where I make a reservation for myself plus 2 children, and then try to apply an E+ upgrade to just myself? Would they have any limitation in the system preventing the children from remaining "unaccompanied" in Y?

My plan was to get myself an aisle seat in the last row in J and the kids in the front row in Y, so that we're hardly separated at all...
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Upgrade just one segment

I'm trying to book JFK-TLV return, but J class isn't available on the IST-TLV legs in either direction. I only care about the upgrade on the JFK-IST and IST-JFK legs. Will they let me upgrade just those segments of the itinerary?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by dtphonehome
I'm trying to book JFK-TLV return, but J class isn't available on the IST-TLV legs in either direction. I only care about the upgrade on the JFK-IST and IST-JFK legs. Will they let me upgrade just those segments of the itinerary?
Yes.
Made a similar choice a couple of months ago: LGW-IST wasn’t available in J, but the long flight onwards was!
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
Yes.
Made a similar choice a couple of months ago: LGW-IST wasn’t available in J, but the long flight onwards was!
Great, how did you go about making the booking? Held an economy fare, called in, and they applied the upgrade just to the segments where J was available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.