Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Star Gold Baggage Allowance on Turkish Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Gold Baggage Allowance on Turkish Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:01 am

I checked it shows your baggage details cannot be accessed after the inclusion of TG frequent flyer no. On my tickets shows 2 pc allowed per pc should not be exceed 23 kg.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by Ramsha Tariq
I checked it shows your baggage details cannot be accessed after the inclusion of TG frequent flyer no. On my tickets shows 2 pc allowed per pc should not be exceed 23 kg.
As *G you'll have 3x23kg allowance. Do not trust the website, it is full of bugs. It probably cannot calculate the extra bags for non-TK *G.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by dozerman94
As *G you'll have 3x23kg allowance. Do not trust the website, it is full of bugs. It probably cannot calculate the extra bags for non-TK *G.
i was going through the tk website i got this:

Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members are entitled to take 1 additional piece of baggage with a maximum length of 110 cm on flights with Turkish Airlines and other Star Alliance member airlines.

isnt 110cm is so small bag ?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by Ramsha Tariq

i was going through the tk website i got this:

Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members are entitled to take 1 additional piece of baggage with a maximum length of 110 cm on flights with Turkish Airlines and other Star Alliance member airlines.

isnt 110cm is so small bag ?
I've never seen TK measure a bags length unless its irregularly shaped, and outrageously large. You'll be fine if you bring 3 large suitcases each weighing 23kg.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Originally Posted by moeser
We had a discussion at SAS CI because my wife's suitcase had 36 kg.
Last time at CPH, CIed a 39KG suitcase no sweat.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Flying UK (EDI)-India on a Miles&Smiles award in biz.

The ticket states I have 50kgs as baggage allowance.

However, how much would the *G extra bag/weight be then?

I gather "piece concept" doesn't apply here - although I'm flying into the UK on UA with 3 x 32kgs...

Edited to Add:

Now found this on the *A page:

"Extra Baggage Allowance

You can take an extra 20 kg (44 pounds) where the weight concept applies or an extra piece where the piece concept applies.Some airlines do not offer this benefit on individual flights but only on connecting Star Alliance flights. Within Europe on "Light" fares offered by Lufthansa, Austrian & SWISS, "Check&Go" fares offered by Brussels Airlines and “Go light” fares offered by SAS as well as on “Seat” fares offered by Air New Zealand, the extra baggage allowance is not offered."

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jun 1, 2019 at 5:45 am
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
You can take an extra 20 kg (44 pounds) ...
Correct.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Does Turkish allow an extra check-in bag for free when it is full of scuba diving equipment (London to Sharm El Sheikh via IST) ?
the website is a bit ambiguous.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Does Turkish allow an extra check-in bag for free when it is full of scuba diving equipment (London to Sharm El Sheikh via IST) ?
the website is a bit ambiguous.
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...ing/index.html

On all flights arriving to Hurghada (HRG) and Sharm El Sheikh (SSH) and on all return flights from these destinations, one set of your diving, kitesurfing and windsurfing equipment will be carried free of charge until 31 December 2019. Special fees will be applicable for more than one set of diving, kitesurfing and windsurfing equipment per person or if there is a voluntary stopover in Turkey which exceeds 24 hours.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
... until 31 December 2019....
And don’t be alarmed by the end of the year deadline. They extended it every year.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Could someone kindly confirm if Star Alliance Gold members can carry 1 roll-on and a laptop bag in the cabin ?
Thank you
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by asimha
Could someone kindly confirm if Star Alliance Gold members can carry 1 roll-on and a laptop bag in the cabin ?
Thank you
Every passenger ( regardless of status ) has a 1 piece of carry-on allowance ( 55x40x25 cm ) max: 8 kg and one personal item.
A laptop bag is being counted as a personal item so you would be fine.
asimha likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Every passenger ( regardless of status ) has a 1 piece of carry-on allowance ( 55x40x25 cm ) max: 8 kg and one personal item.
A laptop bag is being counted as a personal item so you would be fine.
Thanks a lot ISTFlyer !
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 2:22 am

THY EcoFly baggage allowance for *G

I’m trying to interpret THY’s baggage allowance rules as they don’t seem clear: “Star Alliance Gold Card holders have the right to carry +1 extra baggage in the Piece System and +20kg in the Weight System in addition to their checked baggage rights on their tickets.”

So if I’ve booked an IST-BUD ticket on THY EcoFly which has no checked baggage but am a *G, am I still entitled to a free checked baggage? Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite
This has been discussed a few times here.

Didn't you see the other threads?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.