Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Before asking your question related to your case please read this information that may be useful;

It mostly takes 48 hours for miles to be credited for Elite & Elite Plus members both on TK and *A partners and it mostly takes 72 hours for miles to be credited for Classic & Classic Plus members. However;

*It could take up to 72 hours that a Turkish Airlines or AnadoluJet flight to be credited to your Miles&Smiles account. If it didn't enter your flights to the missing miles section and they should be credited immediately after submitting the form. Be aware that you would be asked to enter a coupon number which is your e-ticket number and you would also asked to enter your fare code which could be found in your e-mail confirmation or your e-ticket.

*It could take up to 15 days until a Star Alliance partner flights have been credited. If your flight has not been credited within 15 days please follow the instructions below. At the moment, Star Alliance retroclaim is not possible online due to technical difficulties.

IF YOUR MILES HAVE NOT BEEN CREDITED IN THE PERIOD ABOVE;

Fill out a feedback form from the official website of Turkish Airlines. Be sure to add many relevant details as you have. It's necessary that you enter your Miles&Smiles number and put a copy of your passport ( ID or drivers licence is enough for Turkish citizens ) in to your case. Also give details, on the airline, flight number, fare class, origin, destination, e-ticket number and travel date. Also include a copy of your boarding pass and your e-ticket. Be aware that mobile boarding pass screenshots must include the part that pop ups when you press the button on the bottom right corner of the screen. Sometimes half ripped boarding passes does not work so if possible take a photo of the whole boarding pass after being handed by the ground staff or printed by the kiosk. Keep the ripped part until your miles have been credited. Also, do not delete your e-ticket from your e-mail as sometimes not being able to prove a copy of your e-ticket would deny your case and your miles won't be credited. Also write down the feedback case number unless you need to recontact them about your issue.

* For non *A airlines , hotel, car rental and other partners please read the relevant page related to that partner at turkishairlines.com

-------------------------

* If you think that the wrong amount of miles have been credited for your flight, first check turkishairlines.com for the most accurate percentages of miles related to your fare class. For newbies, be aware that on Turkish Airlines flights the signage on the boarding pass Y or C is not your fare class. They are class codes which mean Economy Class and Business Class. Your fare class could be found in your e-mail confirmation when booking directly with Turkish Airlines. After doing all the necessary checks, if you still believe that you have been credited the wrong amount. Contact Turkish Airlines by the feedback form.

* On Miles&Smiles you could retroclaim miles for the last 12 months for Turkish Airlines & Star Alliance partners even though you have recently started your membership.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Old May 6, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
As an FYI -- it looks like TK has discontinued using these two email addresses. In making my submission to both email addresses, I received an automated response saying that I should use their online customer service site to make my claim/submission.

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en

**WHEN** their site works properly, it allows you to categorize your request and attach documents to support your claim. I submitted my claim along with a scanned copy of my boarding passes using this method.
In addition, has anyone tried using snail mail with the following form printed?

http://www.turkishairlines.com/downl...p_formu_en.rtf

I don't mind the time it takes to get done (as long as they fix it).
Old May 7, 2013, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
In addition, has anyone tried using snail mail with the following form printed?
Yes. They have been insisting on snail mail forms the last few months. They send you an email to confirm the receipt of the form and then another 4-6 weeks afterwards when the miles post (or they have a problem with posting).
Old May 7, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Yes. They have been insisting on snail mail forms the last few months. They send you an email to confirm the receipt of the form and then another 4-6 weeks afterwards when the miles post (or they have a problem with posting).
Ive never used snail mail to claim. Now you can use the feedback forms to submit claims. Just had 2 claims go through that I submitted a month ago. Awaiting three more! All from Air China flights. Was pleasantly surprised when all three of my most recent flights credited automatically! Need every mile to get my gold in September.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Ive never used snail mail to claim. Now you can use the feedback forms to submit claims.
I always used to submit claims via email, but since the new system has come in to play, they always respond to online claims with a request to send the snail mail form and original boarding passes.
Old May 8, 2013, 2:52 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
1) I've submitted my last few claims online via the contact form with a scanned copy of my BPs... no issues and credited within a couple of days.

2) what i've mostly had to claim were my flights with TG. I had some time ago posted on the *A thread if there is a difference in the BP wording of "TK*" or "TK*G" and the consensus was "no" - both would in the system acknowledge gold status. However on my recent flight, during check-in in SIN, the agent spent considerable time keying in E-ticket numbers and hammering away on her keyboard. The BP came out with "TK*G"... and that flight via BKK to ZRH posted. The return flight however was a fairly seamless check in and only had "TK*" on the boarding pass - this return leg has not posted...
So I now wonder what is required to be keyed in by other *A partners during check-in to have successful mileage credit at TK...
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Submitting online when the segment is upgraded

Just want to prepare for the unexpected.

Flying TK and trying to credit miles to M&S.

In case if there're missing miles and need to claim them online using "missing miles form".

Is "Class" based on purchase class (T) or upgraded class (J)? I'm assuming it's T but hope there's some confirmation.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
my previous tk flight to ist was the 1st not to automatically post into my mp account. i sent a request to united, viola, my miles posted in total of 10 days. i did not request missing credit through tk website.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
How to claim missing miles these days?

I didn't get nor 500 points per both Hilton stays, nor 10k points I signed up for. Hilton site shows 500+500+10000 miles posted.

Old e-mail is obsolete. I filled online form, nothing happens.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:27 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Did you get a TK confirmation number (also stated in the confirmation email) after submitting your claim? If so, send a chaser using the same online contact form but this time simply insert the confirmation number.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:54 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

By the way, on TK website:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-sy...hilton-hhonors

[quote]
You can earn miles while staying at almost any business or leisure rate at any of the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands - Hilton®, Conrad®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hilton Garden Inn® Homewood Suites® by Hilton, Waldorf=Astoria Collection®, Hampton Inn® and Home2Suites® throughout the world. Plus, if you're also a member of Hilton HHonors, you will earn HHonors points for the same stay. Hilton HHonors call this Double Dipping ®, and you'll call it a faster way to free reward stays.

So why choose between Points & Miles when you can have both. For more information and immediate enrolment, visit www.hiltonhhonors.com

To celebrate this partnership, Hilton and Conrad Hotels in Turkey offer exclusive privileges to Miles&Smiles members!
Hilton HHonors membership, earning of points and miles and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. 2009 Hilton HHonors Worldwide.

Please contact [email protected] to claim your missing miles.

[unquote]
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:26 pm

Hello! I have the Aegean miles&bonus program and i am about to have 2 flights to TK. Does anyone know how long it will take for TK to credit my miles in my A3 account??
thank you
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:41 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by marikaki
Hello! I have the Aegean miles&bonus program and i am about to have 2 flights to TK. Does anyone know how long it will take for TK to credit my miles in my A3 account??
thank you
Maybe best to ask in the Aegean forum?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:21 pm

Well you see, they told me from Aegean that each company is different so just wanted to see how long it takes for TK to credit miles to the rest Star Alliance companies (guessing it takes the same time to do it to all?). Will check Aegean forum as well though! Thank you!!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:33 pm

Dear Starflyergold of course you were right and I got an answer at Aegean forum! Well, first time here
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:10 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by marikaki
Dear Starflyergold of course you were right and I got an answer at Aegean forum! Well, first time here
No problem at all and welcome to FT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.