Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Before asking your question related to your case please read this information that may be useful;

It mostly takes 48 hours for miles to be credited for Elite & Elite Plus members both on TK and *A partners and it mostly takes 72 hours for miles to be credited for Classic & Classic Plus members. However;

*It could take up to 72 hours that a Turkish Airlines or AnadoluJet flight to be credited to your Miles&Smiles account. If it didn't enter your flights to the missing miles section and they should be credited immediately after submitting the form. Be aware that you would be asked to enter a coupon number which is your e-ticket number and you would also asked to enter your fare code which could be found in your e-mail confirmation or your e-ticket.

*It could take up to 15 days until a Star Alliance partner flights have been credited. If your flight has not been credited within 15 days please follow the instructions below. At the moment, Star Alliance retroclaim is not possible online due to technical difficulties.

IF YOUR MILES HAVE NOT BEEN CREDITED IN THE PERIOD ABOVE;

Fill out a feedback form from the official website of Turkish Airlines. Be sure to add many relevant details as you have. It's necessary that you enter your Miles&Smiles number and put a copy of your passport ( ID or drivers licence is enough for Turkish citizens ) in to your case. Also give details, on the airline, flight number, fare class, origin, destination, e-ticket number and travel date. Also include a copy of your boarding pass and your e-ticket. Be aware that mobile boarding pass screenshots must include the part that pop ups when you press the button on the bottom right corner of the screen. Sometimes half ripped boarding passes does not work so if possible take a photo of the whole boarding pass after being handed by the ground staff or printed by the kiosk. Keep the ripped part until your miles have been credited. Also, do not delete your e-ticket from your e-mail as sometimes not being able to prove a copy of your e-ticket would deny your case and your miles won't be credited. Also write down the feedback case number unless you need to recontact them about your issue.

* For non *A airlines , hotel, car rental and other partners please read the relevant page related to that partner at turkishairlines.com

-------------------------

* If you think that the wrong amount of miles have been credited for your flight, first check turkishairlines.com for the most accurate percentages of miles related to your fare class. For newbies, be aware that on Turkish Airlines flights the signage on the boarding pass Y or C is not your fare class. They are class codes which mean Economy Class and Business Class. Your fare class could be found in your e-mail confirmation when booking directly with Turkish Airlines. After doing all the necessary checks, if you still believe that you have been credited the wrong amount. Contact Turkish Airlines by the feedback form.

* On Miles&Smiles you could retroclaim miles for the last 12 months for Turkish Airlines & Star Alliance partners even though you have recently started your membership.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
TG flights posted to TK within five days.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
I flew OZ on 22nd October and have not had anything credit to my account. My TK number is on the Boarding pass. Time to post the copies to Turkey It would be great if the website enabled online claiming of other * flights
Most of my Star Alliance flights post really fast to TK with OZ being the big exception (I am based in Seoul so I fly a lot of OZ). With one or two exceptions, I have had to do retro-registration every time despite that my TK *G status has been on the boarding passes etc.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
TK won't post to UA

According to the UA rep I spoke to, TK is denying my request for mile. Suggestions? I believe that all my info is correct - name and e-ticket number -and I am sure that I was in a fare bucket that gets UA miles

Cheers

Last edited by thegrailer; Nov 30, 2012 at 6:22 am
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:24 pm

For some strange reason, all my pending partner flights (dating back to August) have suddenly posted simultaneously at 3am this morning. This includes some that I had made retro-claims for and some that I haven't yet sent in claims for.

I guess they ran a batch transaction or something today.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:45 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by thegrailer
According to the UA rep I spoke to, TK is denying my request for mile. Suggestions? I believe that all my info is correct - name and e-ticket number -and I am sure that I was in a fare bucket that gets UA miles

Cheers
As this is a UA matter best to check this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-thread.html
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:51 am

Miles&Smiles claim missing miles

Hi all,

Miles&Smiles has the shittiest website and ... online service, I am trying to claim missing miles and it told me that the name on my ticket and the name on my account do not match. It doesn't tell me what the difference is and I am sure both names are the same.

I sent them an email : no response 2 weeks already.

I saw a fax number too, shown along an error message once, but I didn't write it down and I do not get this error message anymore.

Now it just tells me my flight cannot be found on the system. Yeah but I have a ticket and I flew on it... so what do I do now Miles&Smiles??

Wow!

How to handle this? Any advice?

Best regards,

Last edited by jujosi; Jan 8, 2013 at 3:52 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: LH, TK
Originally Posted by jujosi
it told me that the name on my ticket and the name on my account do not match.
I think I will run into similar problems as I am waiting for miles to be credited!

I signed up with Name Surname. But the passport shows Name Middlename Surname. The ticket shows MiddlenameName Surname

One problem is that the Middlename can only have 10 letters when you sign up the account online, in this case the MiddlenameName has 11 letters.

PS: when I try to get add the missing miles I got this error the last 4 hours:

Please check and correct the mistakes listed below.

Our site is currently undergoing a maintenance to upgrade our systems in order to better serve you. Please re try your request in a few minutes.

---------------------------------

That was all day yesterday, today I get:

Please check and correct the mistakes listed below.

Input validation failed. Flight date is invalid.
(date was: 05 January 2013)

---------------------------------

Update: Miles got manually entered by TK today 16/1. The trick is maybe to send one email a day till you received your miles.

Last edited by legspace; Jan 16, 2013 at 12:37 am
Old Jan 11, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
send request by post and by email. Still no response
Old Feb 1, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
I'm also waiting for miles to post. Part of my issue is that my TK # appears on my boarding pass, yet the *alliance airline posted the miles to a different account. So, my argument started with the mis-posted airline and I've also sent an email (or two or three) to TK asking for the missing miles.

It's been about a week. Waiting......
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:41 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Sending them an email doesn't work. I tried it many times.

Much better is just callling them. 1 of 2 agents will immediately fix it. If you are missing miles from a TK flight, call them, give them the booking reference and ticket No, and your miles are credited immediately.

I did this three times now, and it took me only 4 calls and 15 minutes at all.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
Sending them an email doesn't work. I tried it many times.

Much better is just callling them. 1 of 2 agents will immediately fix it. If you are missing miles from a TK flight, call them, give them the booking reference and ticket No, and your miles are credited immediately.

I did this three times now, and it took me only 4 calls and 15 minutes at all.
Did you get them to give you a credit to your M&S account after flying a *A flight? I've called a few times and they've told me to email customer service because my flight was not a TK flight/ticket. She said if I had a TK flight then she could do it immediately, but since it is a *A flight, she can't do anything.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
Did you get them to give you a credit to your M&S account after flying a *A flight? I've called a few times and they've told me to email customer service because my flight was not a TK flight/ticket. She said if I had a TK flight then she could do it immediately, but since it is a *A flight, she can't do anything.
I can confirm this. TK retrocredit works while you are talking with them, everything else needs some time, but you can give them the data by phone.
And I'M sure this works better than their awful website.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:16 am

After sending a couple of emails and calling their call centre, I was finally able to get their customer service website submission form to work. Within 24 hours, I received the email below:
Your claim for missing Star Alliance flights will be credited into your account as soon as we get the necessary confirmation from the related airline.

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.

Kind Regards,

Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK*G (not matched)
Just a short point of information:
  • LH flight NRT-FRA 03DEC12 did not post.
  • Sent them the original boarding pass and a printout of the etix by mail to the address in Turkey which they mention on their website
    and
    a scan of the boarding pass and etix by email ([email protected], cc: [email protected]);
    sent around 15DEC12
  • Successfully retrocredited!
    Miles posted 01FEB13.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by germantraveler
As an FYI -- it looks like TK has discontinued using these two email addresses. In making my submission to both email addresses, I received an automated response saying that I should use their online customer service site to make my claim/submission.

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en

**WHEN** their site works properly, it allows you to categorize your request and attach documents to support your claim. I submitted my claim along with a scanned copy of my boarding passes using this method.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.