Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Before asking your question related to your case please read this information that may be useful;

It mostly takes 48 hours for miles to be credited for Elite & Elite Plus members both on TK and *A partners and it mostly takes 72 hours for miles to be credited for Classic & Classic Plus members. However;

*It could take up to 72 hours that a Turkish Airlines or AnadoluJet flight to be credited to your Miles&Smiles account. If it didn't enter your flights to the missing miles section and they should be credited immediately after submitting the form. Be aware that you would be asked to enter a coupon number which is your e-ticket number and you would also asked to enter your fare code which could be found in your e-mail confirmation or your e-ticket.

*It could take up to 15 days until a Star Alliance partner flights have been credited. If your flight has not been credited within 15 days please follow the instructions below. At the moment, Star Alliance retroclaim is not possible online due to technical difficulties.

IF YOUR MILES HAVE NOT BEEN CREDITED IN THE PERIOD ABOVE;

Fill out a feedback form from the official website of Turkish Airlines. Be sure to add many relevant details as you have. It's necessary that you enter your Miles&Smiles number and put a copy of your passport ( ID or drivers licence is enough for Turkish citizens ) in to your case. Also give details, on the airline, flight number, fare class, origin, destination, e-ticket number and travel date. Also include a copy of your boarding pass and your e-ticket. Be aware that mobile boarding pass screenshots must include the part that pop ups when you press the button on the bottom right corner of the screen. Sometimes half ripped boarding passes does not work so if possible take a photo of the whole boarding pass after being handed by the ground staff or printed by the kiosk. Keep the ripped part until your miles have been credited. Also, do not delete your e-ticket from your e-mail as sometimes not being able to prove a copy of your e-ticket would deny your case and your miles won't be credited. Also write down the feedback case number unless you need to recontact them about your issue.

* For non *A airlines , hotel, car rental and other partners please read the relevant page related to that partner at turkishairlines.com

-------------------------

* If you think that the wrong amount of miles have been credited for your flight, first check turkishairlines.com for the most accurate percentages of miles related to your fare class. For newbies, be aware that on Turkish Airlines flights the signage on the boarding pass Y or C is not your fare class. They are class codes which mean Economy Class and Business Class. Your fare class could be found in your e-mail confirmation when booking directly with Turkish Airlines. After doing all the necessary checks, if you still believe that you have been credited the wrong amount. Contact Turkish Airlines by the feedback form.

* On Miles&Smiles you could retroclaim miles for the last 12 months for Turkish Airlines & Star Alliance partners even though you have recently started your membership.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by flyerby
I wasn’t CPH but TLV. The idea is that the local sales office can be some kind of a mediator.
Yeah, CPH even charges you 360DKK to pay with any card to get a ticket issued. The one in Hamburg wasn't any better either, the ticket offices are pretty useless and staff are either outside smoking or hiding somewhere. Mr. used to work at CPH and he was trying to get a hold of the manager there and it was difficult.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I have flown TAP (flight number and metal) in booking classes T and L. Both legs were upgraded via auction, which turns the booking class into P.

While TAP T and L earn miles with TK, P does not. However, in these cases, upgraded tickets usually get the miles according to the original booking class.

Would anyone have smilar experiences here? What do I need to do when I retroclaim from TK? Is this something they are familiar with and handle routinely?

I will wait for the 15 day mark, but as of now, I haven't received any miles (8 and 5 days after the flights).
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Anyone had any issues with codeshare flights lately? I am looking at booking some transatlantic business class flights on either Air Canada or United in booking class P. For both airlines accrual is given to Miles&Smiles. The issue now is that the fare that I am looking to book needs to be ticketed as a Lufthansa codeshare. Same booking class P, but on Lufthansa it doesn't earn miles. With Star Alliance it's the operating carrier that determines the booking class and as I am 99% confident that P-class on Lufthansa is the same on United and Air Canada which should earn miles.

Do codeshare flights credit automatically to Miles&Smiles or do they need to be retro-claimed? Codeshares are always a gamble in my opinion, so I may refrain from booking altogether if I risk missing out on the miles.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I am trying to fill in a missing miles request on the TK website, but it is not familiar with TMS airport (Săo Tomé) so I cannot fill in the form.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Are there significant differences between crediting times between *A partners? Recently flew SQ and LX and SQ flights posted the next day but LX flights haven't posted even after a week.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,
Not sure how to continue, but I recently sent in a missing credit for both award and Status miles for a codeshare flight with TK and MH. They did credit me with the award miles, however they did not credit it with status miles - despite the ticket being TK and flight TK.
My understanding is that I should be eligible for status miles since it's sold as a TK flight #.

I am not sure if the agent did not understand the request. The status miles are important for me to pass the Elite Plus status. Just missing 1000+ miles.

Cheers!
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:21 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
My understanding is that status miles are only earned on TK and Star Alliance flights - non-*A partners and codeshares don't qualify.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 3:30 am

Hi all,

I am getting so frustrated with TK - I had a codeshare flight with MH, under TK code. I travelled on this with a travel companion, and strangely for my request submitted, I was given the award miles (but NOT status), and for my travel companion, they keep denying it because they claimed it's a chartered flight.

Really getting very frustrated with the whole Customer service of TK - quite a useless bunch - as they too operate without any logic in hand, it's all based on computer said so.

Looking for advise here on handling this situation.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The problem is that MH is not part of *A, so practically TK does not owe you any miles as such. You should be happy to even receive award miles (if anything you should have credited that flight to any OW airline).

A way to go is to call, tell the CSR that you have a feedback # and they will transfer you to customer service, from there you might be able to get further.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by nacho
The problem is that MH is not part of *A, so practically TK does not owe you any miles as such. You should be happy to even receive award miles (if anything you should have credited that flight to any OW airline).

A way to go is to call, tell the CSR that you have a feedback # and they will transfer you to customer service, from there you might be able to get further.
I have called up and still it was not possible - because the computer said no. OW will NOT credit this because it's TK marketed, so no success there too. In my opinion, based on how other airline codeshare, normally the codeshare airline FFP should get credited - for example, KLM (Flying Blue) codeshares with MH too and for these routes, you do get both award and status miles credited if it's marketed and ticketed under KLM. This should be the case for TK - except as usual since this is not clearly written anywhere, different agents will come back with their own intepretation. When I called, the agent I spoke to did confirm that it should be OK, but because computer says now, she was hand tied in this case. She told me to keep calling until I find an agent who can manually credit it....

Cheers!
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
I have called up and still it was not possible - because the computer said no. OW will NOT credit this because it's TK marketed, so no success there too. In my opinion, based on how other airline codeshare, normally the codeshare airline FFP should get credited - for example, KLM (Flying Blue) codeshares with MH too and for these routes, you do get both award and status miles credited if it's marketed and ticketed under KLM. This should be the case for TK - except as usual since this is not clearly written anywhere, different agents will come back with their own intepretation. When I called, the agent I spoke to did confirm that it should be OK, but because computer says now, she was hand tied in this case. She told me to keep calling until I find an agent who can manually credit it....

Cheers!
Yeah, OW is using marketing airline as the criteria whereas *A is the operating carrier. Once we got invol-rebooked LHR-CPH and we were flying BA as the original itinerary but AA rebooked us on SK. We credited that leg to UA and it worked without an issue.

I have had issue with the family pooling many years ago with TK and after calling CSR "n" times - so many times that I memorized the feedback # and finally reached a CSR that could help me to set up the family account.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 7:59 pm

Programs: Air France KLM Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Elite
I flew OSL-CPH-SIN-PEN on a SQ ticket with only the OSL-CPH leg operated by SK. For all flights the ffp listed to accrue miles to, was TK M&S. For some reason, the CPH-SIN-PEN legs accrued to SQ KF. I immediately contacted SQ KF and they looked into it and agreed to delete the SQ KF miles so I can retro claim the flights to TK M&S. They suggested I first contact TK to see it would confirm handling it like this.

TK feedback form respons was NO. Miles accrued anywhere else cannot be transferred to M&S. I included a copy of my passport, boarding passes and e-ticket. The e-ticket shows that all miles were meant to be accrued to TK M&S. Can anyone suggest what to do next?
Old Jul 6, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by ivanwmc
I flew OSL-CPH-SIN-PEN on a SQ ticket with only the OSL-CPH leg operated by SK. For all flights the ffp listed to accrue miles to, was TK M&S. For some reason, the CPH-SIN-PEN legs accrued to SQ KF. I immediately contacted SQ KF and they looked into it and agreed to delete the SQ KF miles so I can retro claim the flights to TK M&S. They suggested I first contact TK to see it would confirm handling it like this.

TK feedback form respons was NO. Miles accrued anywhere else cannot be transferred to M&S. I included a copy of my passport, boarding passes and e-ticket. The e-ticket shows that all miles were meant to be accrued to TK M&S. Can anyone suggest what to do next?
I would ask delete miles from SQ first. When that is done, I would send miles credit request to TK through form at their website. If TK responds that miles are already credited to other program, I would add SQ miles statment in my respond. It may take some time but should be succesful. If not for some reason(this is TK), there is always a change to add them back to SQ through retro claim. That is what I would do.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: Air France KLM Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Elite
Thanks, Jaenks

I really don't understand why TK would make such a problem because SQ have already agreed to delete the miles. This shows that there was a problem on their end. I assumed retro claiming the miles would then be just a formality.

M&S T&C even states:
"If, for any reason, Miles are not credited for a flight taken or a service used, members may request that the amount be retroactively credited to their account for up to twelve months following the flight or service in question."
Old Aug 5, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: United 1K, Lufthansa Senator *,Marriott platinum
Mileage credit

Am in a similar situation.

Flew DEL-MUC-CDG and CDG-MUC-DEL on Lufthansa 220 stock.

Am aiming to get status on Turkish and accordingly Miles and Smiles number was entered in the PNR. The boarding cards also mention TKP and yet the mileage was credited to my United account. ( Had earlier put in the United mileage plus number since was upgrading to business using Plus Points.)

Since then United has removed the mileage credit from account.

First Turkish denied the credit replying that the mileage has already been credited by another star alliance partner. Since then have sent them a request for credit and attached the boarding cards ( which show TKP) and a copy of my United mileage plus statement for the travel period which shows no credit.

However Turkish has again denied the credit saying that mileage has been credited to another start alliance partner.

Called Miles and Smiles customer care and they are repeating that mileage has been credited to another start alliance partner.

Am new to the Turkish program and please advise how to proceed now as need this credit for achieving Gold status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.