Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Before asking your question related to your case please read this information that may be useful;

It mostly takes 48 hours for miles to be credited for Elite & Elite Plus members both on TK and *A partners and it mostly takes 72 hours for miles to be credited for Classic & Classic Plus members. However;

*It could take up to 72 hours that a Turkish Airlines or AnadoluJet flight to be credited to your Miles&Smiles account. If it didn't enter your flights to the missing miles section and they should be credited immediately after submitting the form. Be aware that you would be asked to enter a coupon number which is your e-ticket number and you would also asked to enter your fare code which could be found in your e-mail confirmation or your e-ticket.

*It could take up to 15 days until a Star Alliance partner flights have been credited. If your flight has not been credited within 15 days please follow the instructions below. At the moment, Star Alliance retroclaim is not possible online due to technical difficulties.

IF YOUR MILES HAVE NOT BEEN CREDITED IN THE PERIOD ABOVE;

Fill out a feedback form from the official website of Turkish Airlines. Be sure to add many relevant details as you have. It's necessary that you enter your Miles&Smiles number and put a copy of your passport ( ID or drivers licence is enough for Turkish citizens ) in to your case. Also give details, on the airline, flight number, fare class, origin, destination, e-ticket number and travel date. Also include a copy of your boarding pass and your e-ticket. Be aware that mobile boarding pass screenshots must include the part that pop ups when you press the button on the bottom right corner of the screen. Sometimes half ripped boarding passes does not work so if possible take a photo of the whole boarding pass after being handed by the ground staff or printed by the kiosk. Keep the ripped part until your miles have been credited. Also, do not delete your e-ticket from your e-mail as sometimes not being able to prove a copy of your e-ticket would deny your case and your miles won't be credited. Also write down the feedback case number unless you need to recontact them about your issue.

* For non *A airlines , hotel, car rental and other partners please read the relevant page related to that partner at turkishairlines.com

-------------------------

* If you think that the wrong amount of miles have been credited for your flight, first check turkishairlines.com for the most accurate percentages of miles related to your fare class. For newbies, be aware that on Turkish Airlines flights the signage on the boarding pass Y or C is not your fare class. They are class codes which mean Economy Class and Business Class. Your fare class could be found in your e-mail confirmation when booking directly with Turkish Airlines. After doing all the necessary checks, if you still believe that you have been credited the wrong amount. Contact Turkish Airlines by the feedback form.

* On Miles&Smiles you could retroclaim miles for the last 12 months for Turkish Airlines & Star Alliance partners even though you have recently started your membership.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There was another member who had the same issue not far ago, the issue was that TK refused to credit the miles and when you using seat upgrade vouchers or purchasing a discounted upgrade after booking, you are upgraded to a fare bucket that does earn 0% of the miles at TK Miles&Smiles. That's why probably you would get nothing. I would have retroclaimed those miles with A3 M&B as TK would not work.
Hmm...I guess for this type of "illogical" thinking on TK's part, persistence is the word because I've done this before and you just need to get the correct agent that get's two and two together. This is however my problem with TK, even if you upgrade their own tickets and flights with miles, I have to go through this process to get the correct original booking class mileage credited. To me it is just the usual incompetence and red tape processes behind the scene.

Cheers!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Guys, I have uploaded all the info the missing miles requests ask for, and the system says "Your transaction was successful"

Ive done this now a second time, and haven't received the first time from last week? How long or what is going on? Any advice? also tried the app by the way.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by KL808
Guys, I have uploaded all the info the missing miles requests ask for, and the system says "Your transaction was successful"
Ive done this now a second time, and haven't received the first time from last week? How long or what is going on? Any advice? also tried the app by the way.
My friend just did it an hour ago for CM flights and miles were credited after ten minutes.
KL808 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks
My friend just did it an hour ago for CM flights and miles were credited after ten minutes.
Hi I'm trying to post a R class CM flight as well and mine hasn't shown up? You think R is an issue? should I just try a different letter maybe "D"?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by KL808
Hi I'm trying to post a R class CM flight as well and mine hasn't shown up? You think R is an issue? should I just try a different letter maybe "D"?
He had economy ticket without knowing booking class, I told him to write Y. I do have R booking class ticket, flights in March, will deal with TK then if not credited automatically. Just wrote D, C or J instead of R and take a screenshot of CM earning chart page if there is someone with lack of the competence and replying with blablabla.
KL808 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Jaenks
He had economy ticket without knowing booking class, I told him to write Y. I do have R booking class ticket, flights in March, will deal with TK then if not credited automatically. Just wrote D, C or J instead of R and take a screenshot of CM earning chart page if there is someone with lack of the competence and replying with blablabla.
just typed in D and it worked! Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, Asiana Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Hello everybody
i have decided to move my Frequent Flyer programme from Asiana to TK, and i already start to regret it that i chose TK over Aeroplan

i flew on December 7th, 2021 from Zurich to Dubai on Swiss in Bookingclass P (100% miles ratio). after 1 week both in - and outbound legs did not show up on my account so i tried to use the "claim missing miles" function and i received the miles but only for the leg Dubai - Zurich.

Since then i have submitted 3 feedback forms with all relevant data (Passport copy, boarding pass) and receive every time the answer that the flight has already been added to another frequent flyer programme. Funnily enough it shows on the boarding pass a "TKP" which is a clear indication that i intend to collect on TK.

I am becoming a bit desperated and don't really know what to do, as these 3000 miles are a valuable step towards Star Gold with TK.

Anyone had the same issues in the past? What were your final results then?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, Asiana Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Gregorious90
Hello everybody
i have decided to move my Frequent Flyer programme from Asiana to TK, and i already start to regret it that i chose TK over Aeroplan

i flew on December 7th, 2021 from Zurich to Dubai on Swiss in Bookingclass P (100% miles ratio). after 1 week both in - and outbound legs did not show up on my account so i tried to use the "claim missing miles" function and i received the miles but only for the leg Dubai - Zurich.

Since then i have submitted 3 feedback forms with all relevant data (Passport copy, boarding pass) and receive every time the answer that the flight has already been added to another frequent flyer programme. Funnily enough it shows on the boarding pass a "TKP" which is a clear indication that i intend to collect on TK.

I am becoming a bit desperated and don't really know what to do, as these 3000 miles are a valuable step towards Star Gold with TK.

Anyone had the same issues in the past? What were your final results then?
It's actually really frustrating.. 4 months later and still i could not get my miles credited...
Does anybody have a mailadresse to Miles&Smiles to escalte this issue?
Thanks in advance
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Also facing a problem credited my united miles to Turkish. Based on the website, booking class D will accrue 150% of miles but they have only credited 100%. I have sent in my air ticket, boarding pass and passport twice and both times they have replied the correct number of miles have been credited. Really frustrating!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Lonsinla
Also facing a problem credited my united miles to Turkish. Based on the website, booking class D will accrue 150% of miles but they have only credited 100%. I have sent in my air ticket, boarding pass and passport twice and both times they have replied the correct number of miles have been credited. Really frustrating!
Try a 3rd time and then if possible, go personally to a TK sales office to talk with the manager.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by flyerby
Try a 3rd time and then if possible, go personally to a TK sales office to talk with the manager.
The sales office has nothing to do with M&S, all they can do is to tell you who to contact.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I mean I do not know how to be clearer. I shown them the booking class and what the booking class would accrue based on the TK website, and I also have elite status with them. Kind of regretting switching over to TK now.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
The sales office has nothing to do with M&S, all they can do is to tell you who to contact.
This is not correct. They helped me in the past on M&S issues greater than missing miles. I told them of my problem and they approached the right people within TK. Only with their help, I was able to get my problem fixed.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
This is not correct. They helped me in the past on M&S issues greater than missing miles. I told them of my problem and they approached the right people within TK. Only with their help, I was able to get my problem fixed.
Which sales office is that? I'm sure I'll get a cold laugh by the manager at CPH.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by nacho;[url=tel:34345509
34345509]Which sales office is that? I'm sure I'll get a cold laugh by the manager at CPH.
I wasn’t CPH but TLV. The idea is that the local sales office can be some kind of a mediator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.