FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Need help determining a restricted ticket cancellation fee. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1130379-need-help-determining-restricted-ticket-cancellation-fee.html)

broadwayblue Sep 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Need help determining a restricted ticket cancellation fee.

I'm trying to figure out how much the cancellation fee is for a ticket. The FAQ for online reservations shows:

28. How can I view the fare rules via your web site?
On the pricing page, just under the price details you will be given fare notes link. By clicking the link, you will be able to view the fare notes explaining the important issues about the specific fare.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find any "pricing page" that contains this link. On page 4 of the ticketing process there is a section titled "fare description" which says "ECONOMY RESTRICTED: Rebooking and rerouting is permitted with a change fee and refundable with a cancellation fee" but nothing about the associated fee.

Am I missing something?

rozy Sep 27, 2010 4:35 am

What is your routing and fare class? I can take a look at your fare basis and tell you the penalty.

broadwayblue Sep 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Routing is JFK-IST-ADB. Fare class was economy restricted I believe.

OilersFL Sep 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Fare Notes not Being Displayed

On the last page prior to clicking 'Purchase Now' you used to be able to click on 'fare notes' which would display everything.

For the last few days it hasn't which is keeping me from purchasing a ticket b/c I need the terms printed out. You can see it on expedia.com but not thy.com

-OilersFL

rozy Sep 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 14809671)
Routing is JFK-IST-ADB. Fare class was economy restricted I believe.

For fare class, I miswrote. I should have written "booking class" one these: S/E/Q/T/L/V/P/W/G for the JFK-IST and IST-JFK sector. IST-ADB and ADB-IST sectors are always Y with international sectors.

Fare Bases are something like this:
QLPXX3M
TLPXX3M
ELPXX6M
LLPXX3M
QLPXX3M
VLPXX3M

They are all "economy restricted" by the way. There are more than 60 fare basis for JFK-IST-ADB. To answer your question correctly, these datas are required.

nacho Sep 27, 2010 5:18 pm

i purchased TK CPH-IST-HKG on economy restricted as well (booking class E and T) and I remembered there is a EUR500 fee for any change and cancellation (including medical reason). Basically the charge cost almost like the price of the ticket. Make sure you have the insurance you need before purchasing these kind of tickets.

broadwayblue Sep 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by rozy (Post 14812912)
For fare class, I miswrote. I should have written "booking class" one these: S/E/Q/T/L/V/P/W/G for the JFK-IST and IST-JFK sector. IST-ADB and ADB-IST sectors are always Y with international sectors.

Fare Bases are something like this:
QLPXX3M
TLPXX3M
ELPXX6M
LLPXX3M
QLPXX3M
VLPXX3M

They are all "economy restricted" by the way. There are more than 60 fare basis for JFK-IST-ADB. To answer your question correctly, these datas are required.

On what page of the ticketing process can I find that info?

All I get is:

Fare type Fare description = Lowest price
ECONOMY PROMOTIONAL Rebooking/Rerouting is usually not permitted and non-refundable. $1,956.00
ECONOMY RESTRICTED Rebooking and rerouting is permitted with a change fee and refundable with a cancellation fee. $2,338.00
ECONOMY FLEXIBLE Rebooking/Rerouting is permitted without any charge and refundable. $3,918.00

rozy Sep 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 14817172)
On what page of the ticketing process can I find that info?

All I get is:

Fare type Fare description = Lowest price
ECONOMY PROMOTIONAL Rebooking/Rerouting is usually not permitted and non-refundable. $1,956.00
ECONOMY RESTRICTED Rebooking and rerouting is permitted with a change fee and refundable with a cancellation fee. $2,338.00
ECONOMY FLEXIBLE Rebooking/Rerouting is permitted without any charge and refundable. $3,918.00

You have go further to know these information; just before the you put the credit card details.