Wiki Posts
Search

Agent "can't see" seat map - 77W ORD-IST

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat
Agent "can't see" seat map - 77W ORD-IST

Hi all, I did a few searches on seat assignments and the 77W but couldn't really find a similar situation.

I recently booked TK's 77W in First on ORD-IST, using United frequent flyer miles.

I called TK the other day to assign seats, and the agent told me that she "could not see the seat map". Upon further investigation she still could not determine the reason.

I called again the next day and pushed a little harder, and seemed to get the agent to agree that I could assign seats at a TK ticket counter days or weeks before the flight (not just at check-in).

Unfortunately since the ticket was not purchased through TK, I cannot access the reservation online.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? My flight is in a few weeks, so I am well within the "90 day" rule that seems to apply for seat assignments on other flights.

I just don't want to get to the airport and find out the reason my seat couldn't be assigned is because of an aircraft swap to a 2-class 333/343!

Thanks for any info.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:21 pm

No more first class!

Call UA immediately.

There is no more 77W ORD-IST service.

From now on, it is 2 class A330/A340 service.

Perhaps they can get you on from JFK which is a 3-class 77W service.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:35 am

Programs: UA 1p, GF Gold, EK
Originally Posted by Trvlr
Hi all, I did a few searches on seat assignments and the 77W but couldn't really find a similar situation.

I recently booked TK's 77W in First on ORD-IST, using United frequent flyer miles.

I called TK the other day to assign seats, and the agent told me that she "could not see the seat map". Upon further investigation she still could not determine the reason.

I called again the next day and pushed a little harder, and seemed to get the agent to agree that I could assign seats at a TK ticket counter days or weeks before the flight (not just at check-in).

Unfortunately since the ticket was not purchased through TK, I cannot access the reservation online.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? My flight is in a few weeks, so I am well within the "90 day" rule that seems to apply for seat assignments on other flights.

I just don't want to get to the airport and find out the reason my seat couldn't be assigned is because of an aircraft swap to a 2-class 333/343!

Thanks for any info.
ive encountered that before, if you buy the ticket from TK direct, then you have the option of choosing seats.

you are able to call tk 1 week before the flight and choose your seat.
thats what i have done in the past.

i would also probably do what the previous poster has suggested, could be a possible reason why the seat map is not showing

Last edited by i7654; Feb 3, 2010 at 3:00 am Reason: i forgot to finish what i was writing before i submitted
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: SQ Silver; HH Diamond; UA Premier Plat
Originally Posted by chuck1
Call UA immediately.

There is no more 77W ORD-IST service.

From now on, it is 2 class A330/A340 service.

Perhaps they can get you on from JFK which is a 3-class 77W service.
Yes and no. Based on the schedule in the KVS tool, the 77W continues to operate from ORD-IST on Fridays ONLY through February 26. So, if you can switch your flight to a Friday, you should be able to snag the 77W. Otherwise, depending on when your flight departs, you may be on the A330 or A343. From what I've heard, the A343 is to be avoided at all costs.

Good luck!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat
Thanks for the responses.

I am indeed on the 77W on one of those Fridays. Flight still shows as operating as 77W when I look at OAG, GDS viewed through KVS, and Turkish website.

However, I don't see First for sale on this flight when I try and book a revenue ticket through the TK website. F is definitely still available per GDS, though.

Strange, but I'll investigate. On another note, does anyone have experience flying ORD-IST in F on the 77W?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Trvlr
Thanks for the responses.

I am indeed on the 77W on one of those Fridays. Flight still shows as operating as 77W when I look at OAG, GDS viewed through KVS, and Turkish website.

However, I don't see First for sale on this flight when I try and book a revenue ticket through the TK website. F is definitely still available per GDS, though.

Strange, but I'll investigate. On another note, does anyone have experience flying ORD-IST in F on the 77W?
to be on a safe side route yourself via JFK, you will have more than likely 77w on that route operating...otherwise once you checkin and board the aircraft you will not be able to do anything!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:11 pm

What is interesting is that when I look into the TK system via Apollo, it does show a 77W on Friday only from ORD.

This is different from what it showed yesterday so perhaps they have a change back to Friday only 77W service.

When I took this on a Friday, the crew operated in the Friday before so they were in Chicago for a week.

I wonder if the inbound 77W crew still turns the 77W outbound a week later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.