Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Global Entry worthwhile?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Photo on the GE slip in ATL last Sunday, 7/22.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 14940674
When did the GE kiosks start printing the photograph on the slips?

I noticed that too! I returned from the UK last week at JFK T7 and the kiosk printed a receipt with the usual stuff, but also my digital photo (taken right then at the kiosk a few moments earlier).

I did a double-take, and so did both of the CBP officers I encountered who checked the form. One of them even showed it to his colleague who chuckled and said, "Wow, I've never seen that before! What will they come up with next?!"

Must be very recent if officers at JFK had never seen it.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TexasTea
TSA agent at DEN said the slip with a photo will become a standard as they replace kiosks.

I'm assuming you mean CBP officer? TSA has nothing to do with processing international arriving passengers.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Data point... Applied end of june, conditional approv about a week later, and interview scheduled 2 weeks later. Approved 15 mins. After interview, card in hand 4 days later.

At my interview/demo, the pic printed and I was told this is what I should expect.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I'm assuming you mean CBP officer? TSA has nothing to do with processing international arriving passengers.
Yes, exactly. Apologies for the mix up.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by German Expat
Got the photo on July 24th at ORD after a long flight from HKG. Was surprised to see it and it is done with the built in camera at the kiosk. Next time I guess I should shave before landing and look a little less grouchy.
Was also surprised to see my photo on the slip at ORD on July 22nd.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Quick question - I'm applying now (thanks United!) and wanted to confirm that transiting an international airport does not count as a country I've traveled to. For instance, I've transited NRT on my way to/from ICN, but never went through immigration or anything. Ditto in Europe.

So should I list those or not?

EDIT: I just included them. If they ask, I'll just tell them I wasn't sure if they counted and figured too much information is better than too little.

Last edited by gobluetwo; Jul 28, 2012 at 10:04 am
Old Jul 28, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
I entered at EWR on July 24, and asked the CBP officer how long the pictures had been appearing on the GE receipt - she said a couple of days.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Indeed, got my picture on Jul 26 in Atlanta ... for the unwieldyness, I just folded it (Which is what I need to do with the I94 it spits out for me as well).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Maybe with the photo there all the extra checking of passports and stickers at the customs exit can now stop. It will be clear that the receipt is "yours" and provides any needed identity check.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

None on mine at JFK two weeks ago. It must be very recent.
+1. None at IAD 7/5.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by pdx1M
Maybe with the photo there all the extra checking of passports and stickers at the customs exit can now stop. It will be clear that the receipt is "yours" and provides any needed identity check.
It does make sense, although I don't think I've ever had my slip verified against my passport--it's usually give and go.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by drewguy
It does make sense, although I don't think I've ever had my slip verified against my passport--it's usually give and go.
The only way I've ever had my passport checked going out has been for the CBP sticker in the back; not consistently so, but several times now.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by drewguy
Originally Posted by nkedel
The only way I've ever had my passport checked going out has been for the CBP sticker in the back; not consistently so, but several times now.
I have had them ask to see my passport picture on several occassions. So, this makes sense.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL GM
Anyone know if the GE interview can be done in Spanish for a green card holder? I note that the GOES website has a Spanish version but I can't find anything about the in-person interview. Tyia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.