Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry revoked - is there a CHANCE I can get TSA PreCheck approved?

Old May 25, 2022, 12:21 am
Original Poster

I searched but couldn't find the answer, so here we go:

- I had Global Entry (GE) since 2017
- Renewed in 2022 and was approved
- Few days later it was revoked due to "to Customs or Agriculture violation(s)"

I have NO IDEA what the violation about. Never been arrested by CBP, never received a fine from them, never been convicted of any charges (criminal, misdemeanor, etc.).

But after searching here and other sites, seems that CBP can do whatever they want to reject you and they do not need to explain it to you.

So now I want to get TSA PreCheck. However, if I get rejected by GE:
- Will TSA PreCheck also reject me?
- Will the interview asked me about the "to Customs or Agriculture violation(s)"? If they do, I have no idea what to say because I don't know why GE revoked me with that reason in the first place

Just want to know if I should apply or I'll be wasting my time. E.g. rejection for GE due to "to Customs or Agriculture violation(s)" means I am banned from the Trusted Traveller Program (GE, TSA Pre, Nexus, etc.) for... don't know how long... for life?
Old May 25, 2022, 9:31 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
You may still be eligible for standalone PreCheck, please refer to the thread where you originally posted about your Global Entry revocation:
Originally Posted by mikeef
Update: Per suggestions in this thread, I applied and was approved for TSA PreCheck, which will take care of domestic airport security. I'm accepting the fact that I may never know why Global Entry disappeared. My FOIA request turned up nothing (They told me that they didn't have any documents with my name on them.), and I remain convinced that my GE got shot because of manufactured spending activities. Man, talk about unintended consequences...

Mike
Since cross-posting is a violation of the FlyerTalk Rules, I'll go ahead and close this thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.