Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

US NEXUS Enrollment Centers Have Reopened / Canadian Are Still Closed

US NEXUS Enrollment Centers Have Reopened / Canadian Are Still Closed

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 30, 22, 11:55 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: seawolf
Wiki Link
US enrollment centres reopening APRIL 19, 2022

Release Date:

March 31, 2022

WASHINGTON U.S. Customs and Border Protection is pleased to announce that the NEXUS and U.S./Canada FAST enrollment centers in the United States will reopen April 19, 2022.

Starting April 5, conditionally approved applicants may schedule interviews at U.S. NEXUS and U.S./Canada FAST enrollment centers in the United States on the Trusted Traveler portal. NEXUS and FAST enrollment centers in Canada remain closed until further notice. Applicants may enter the United States to complete their interview, but must meet all applicable travel requirements.

CBP asks all applicants to be patient, as there is a backlog of applications to be processed by a limited number of open enrollment centers. In order to prioritize new applicants requiring interviews, CBP asks existing NEXUS and FAST members to refrain from scheduling an appointment at this time. However, existing members are encouraged to renew their membership applications online before the expiration date on their cards to maintain their membership privileges until they are able to complete an interview at a later time.

NEXUS is a CBP program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk Canadian travelers upon arrival in the United States, while FAST allows expedited clearance into the United States for pre-approved, low-risk commercial drivers from Mexico and Canada. The non-refundable application fee for both programs is $50 each, and applications must be submitted through Trusted Traveler Programs website. Once the applicant successfully passes a background check, a CBP officer will conduct an interview with the applicant at select locations in the U.S. to make a final eligibility determination.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the comprehensive management, control, and protection of our nations borders, combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection at and between official ports of entry.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...llment-centers
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 15, 21, 6:37 pm

Canada needs to open now!
Old Nov 16, 21, 10:29 am

Got one to Blane for early Dec before it disappeared
Old Nov 17, 21, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott, Delta, American
Just got the email. No appts for Detroit or Port Huron :-( I had PTO soon scheduled and was just going to drive up to Detroit for the day but I guess that's out of the question now. Hopefully I can get it before my 18 months or whatever runs out lol. Was hoping to get it done before winter and spring travel so I'd have precheck.
Old Nov 17, 21, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by gallo1801 View Post
Just got the email. No appts for Detroit or Port Huron :-( I had PTO soon scheduled and was just going to drive up to Detroit for the day but I guess that's out of the question now. Hopefully I can get it before my 18 months or whatever runs out lol. Was hoping to get it done before winter and spring travel so I'd have precheck.
I've been checking regularly all morning and managed to snag an appointment at Port Huron Dec 2. It was literally the only one available. I would keep checking and refreshing.
Old Nov 17, 21, 5:45 pm

Blaine opened up appointments until end of Feb. First available Jan 4 now.
Old Nov 18, 21, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by crimsona View Post
Blaine opened up appointments until end of Feb. First available Jan 4 now.

so glad was able to get appointments for family for first week of December. Appointment for fill up quick for sure
Old Nov 18, 21, 10:19 am

Just booked my appointment (first time Nexus interview) at Blaine. First available Jan 11 now.
mrlogboy likes this.
Old Nov 18, 21, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott, Delta, American
Originally Posted by RG306 View Post
I've been checking regularly all morning and managed to snag an appointment at Port Huron Dec 2. It was literally the only one available. I would keep checking and refreshing.
I have been. I'd really like to go to Detroit as that's only 3ish hours away plus I can take a trip to the dispensary lol. There's appts in Niagra Falls which is 5ish hours away in February but not sure if I want to drive there in February in case there's 6 ft of snow.
Old Nov 19, 21, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
I was able to book an interview at Fort Erie EC, in Ontario despite the fact that they said it will be closed. Should i be worried and try to resched or will they honour it?
Old Nov 20, 21, 7:06 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Originally Posted by YYZtoHKG View Post
I was able to book an interview at Fort Erie EC, in Ontario despite the fact that they said it will be closed. Should i be worried and try to resched or will they honour it?
give them a call. There were a number of locations offering appointments this week and next (prior to November 29). I called one of the enrollment centers and was told the slots were mistakes.

Appointments were managed/loaded centrally but individual locations were left to clean up the mess in having to cancel. It could be someone mistakenly open appointments up for Erie.
Old Nov 20, 21, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
give them a call. There were a number of locations offering appointments this week and next (prior to November 29). I called one of the enrollment centers and was told the slots were mistakes.

Appointments were managed/loaded centrally but individual locations were left to clean up the mess in having to cancel. It could be someone mistakenly open appointments up for Erie.
Guess i'll have to call fort erie EC on monday to see what they say... that is if they pick up at all. If not should i just call another one? or they wouldn't have a foggiest idea of what i'm talking about.
Old Nov 20, 21, 10:24 am

The announcement earlier in the week said they'd be reopening for Nexus interviews on Nov 29, but I see tons on available interviews as early as Monday in several US locations (for Nexus, not GE). Anyone know whether those are genuinely available? Reluctant to book and make plans not knowing whether I might get a cancellation.

Last edited by md125; Nov 20, 21 at 10:26 am Reason: Adding photo
Old Nov 20, 21, 10:42 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Originally Posted by md125 View Post
The announcement earlier in the week said they'd be reopening for Nexus interviews on Nov 29, but I see tons on available interviews as early as Monday in several US locations (for Nexus, not GE). Anyone know whether those are genuinely available? Reluctant to book and make plans not knowing whether I might get a cancellation.
Your interview confirmation should include a notice to NOT schedule any appointments prior to NOV 29. I called one location with appointments showing up last week and was told these appointments will be cancelled.

I recommend calling the location to confirm for yourself.
Old Nov 21, 21, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC SE
Out of curiosity, why is everyone so eager to get their Nexus renewal interviews done?

I submitted my renewal application in June 2021 and am happy to take advantage of the the full 24-month grace period until June 2023. I'm hoping a remote interview slot opens up by then so I don't need to drive anywhere.
okazon69 and sonetlumiere2 like this.
Old Nov 21, 21, 6:44 pm

Not all are getting nexus renewal some people like me are getting nexus brand neweals lol
so Im so excited that I am going to get an appointment the very beginning of December for me and my family hopefully will have our Nexus passes by the time Christmas when we go visit family up in Canada enjoy all the benefits
capedreamer likes this.

Search this Thread