Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

[Updated] Canadian NEXUS Enrollment Centers Have Reopened

Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
US enrollment centres reopening APRIL 19, 2022

Release Date:

March 31, 2022

WASHINGTON — U.S. Customs and Border Protection is pleased to announce that the NEXUS and U.S./Canada FAST enrollment centers in the United States will reopen April 19, 2022.

Starting April 5, conditionally approved applicants may schedule interviews at U.S. NEXUS and U.S./Canada FAST enrollment centers in the United States on the Trusted Traveler portal. NEXUS and FAST enrollment centers in Canada remain closed until further notice. Applicants may enter the United States to complete their interview, but must meet all applicable travel requirements.

CBP asks all applicants to be patient, as there is a backlog of applications to be processed by a limited number of open enrollment centers. In order to prioritize new applicants requiring interviews, CBP asks existing NEXUS and FAST members to refrain from scheduling an appointment at this time. However, existing members are encouraged to renew their membership applications online before the expiration date on their cards to maintain their membership privileges until they are able to complete an interview at a later time.

NEXUS is a CBP program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk Canadian travelers upon arrival in the United States, while FAST allows expedited clearance into the United States for pre-approved, low-risk commercial drivers from Mexico and Canada. The non-refundable application fee for both programs is $50 each, and applications must be submitted through Trusted Traveler Programs website. Once the applicant successfully passes a background check, a CBP officer will conduct an interview with the applicant at select locations in the U.S. to make a final eligibility determination.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the comprehensive management, control, and protection of our nation’s borders, combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection at and between official ports of entry.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/cbp-announces-reopening-us-nexusfast-enrollment-centers
Print Wikipost

[Updated] Canadian NEXUS Enrollment Centers Have Reopened

Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:29 pm

FYI, Blaine is open for June appointments and on. Tons of appointments available.
seawolf and NanQuaBell like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by suga
FYI, Blaine is open for June appointments and on. Tons of appointments available.
I just made my appointment and was headed here to let people know; you beat me to it!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by FoxCrane
I just made my appointment and was headed here to let people know; you beat me to it!
well I’m wondering if they’ll post cancellations for april and may because I’d rather go sooner than my appointment in June for my 1 year old. Will just have to keep checking but glad to have gotten an appointment at all!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat
Whirlpool location?

Hi,

Are appointments being released everyday for the Niagara Falls Whirlpool location or am I too late to book them (i.e. they have all been snagged up)? If they are being released everyday, is there a set time?

Also, for my 2 year we had managed to snag an appointment for 23rd Apr 2022 back when they opened in November 2021. Should we assume that appointment is still happening since the centres are now open as of 19th Apr 2022?

Thanks a lot.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by rjatyyz
Hi,

Are appointments being released everyday for the Niagara Falls Whirlpool location or am I too late to book them (i.e. they have all been snagged up)? If they are being released everyday, is there a set time?

Also, for my 2 year we had managed to snag an appointment for 23rd Apr 2022 back when they opened in November 2021. Should we assume that appointment is still happening since the centres are now open as of 19th Apr 2022?

Thanks a lot.
Re the latter, I’m surprised that wasn’t cancelled at some point. All April appts set back in November before they closed again were subsequently cancelled at some point over the last 3 months and they said not to rely on the scheduler at that time, regardless of what it said. To be certain, I’d call them to see if that Apr 23rd is still in force before going down.
rjatyyz likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:48 am
mug

Blaine

Blaine added slots starting on July 4th.
rjatyyz likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:20 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Hi,

Thanks a lot.
Appointments for any given locations are NOT being released on a rolling basis. It appears when it appears.

Originally Posted by NanQuaBell
Re the latter, I’m surprised that wasn’t cancelled at some point. All April appts set back in November before they closed again were subsequently cancelled at some point over the last 3 months and they said not to rely on the scheduler at that time, regardless of what it said. To be certain, I’d call them to see if that Apr 23rd is still in force before going down.
There was a data point that a Blane April 18 appointment was cancelled only two weeks ago. It would appear if you had original booked appointments back in November for April 19 or later your appointment is intact.
Xyzzy and rjatyyz like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:55 am

I renewed my two kids’ Nexus memberships in early 2020. They are conditionally approved but need interviews. The TTP website says this must be done by April 30, 2022. I was finally able to book interviews in Blaine but not until July.

The Canadian Nexus page seems to suggest that memberships remain active as long as renewed before they expire whereas the US CBP TTP website says interviews must be completed by 730 days since approval.

Anyone else in a similar situation or know what will happen on April 30?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: NEXUS
Hey guys, just curious if anyone has any ideas on this - both my kids had their nexus's expire during covid. I had already created their renewals and had conditional approvals, but all their appointments were canceled multiple times. Now, however, I seem unable to schedule either of them anywhere at any date in the future. I see that other people have had appointments show up so I'm guessing something is wrong with their renewals? Is there any way to get ahold of them to find out? So frustrating... I'd like to get them into Blaine but after not finding any dates after checking every day for the last few days, I told it to check any site and it finds no appointments anywhere at any date.

Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Shaun Greene
I seem unable to schedule either of them anywhere at any date in the future. ... I told it to check any site and it finds no appointments anywhere at any date.
Thanks
It looks like all the appointments got snagged up as the word spread. Keep trying, they'll release more eventually.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by nickk1
It looks like all the appointments got snagged up as the word spread. Keep trying, they'll release more eventually.
Shaun Greene just keep rechecking the site. Obessively. Every day. 100 times a day. At some point either new appointments will open up, or someone will change their appointment due to a personal scheduling conflict (I had to do that multiple times the first time I interviewed due to a constantly shifting work schedule). It's annoying as fill-in-the-blank but eventually it works. Though with 2, it's trickier I'm sure.

And some day YVR has to open up again, riiggghht?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: AC Elite; MP Basic; Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Aadvantage
Does anyone know why there are no interview slots in Blaine Washington? All the other US locations seem to have them (though some are WAY off in the future). They haven't opened any in Canadian locations, but it would certainly be easy enough to go to Blaine if only they had appointments.
Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: NEXUS
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Shaun Greene just keep rechecking the site. Obessively. Every day. 100 times a day. At some point either new appointments will open up, or someone will change their appointment due to a personal scheduling conflict (I had to do that multiple times the first time I interviewed due to a constantly shifting work schedule). It's annoying as fill-in-the-blank but eventually it works. Though with 2, it's trickier I'm sure.

And some day YVR has to open up again, riiggghht?
Ugh you're so right, I just kept clicking and it finally showed one in minnesota! LOL. Doesn't help me at all but glad to know it isn't broken.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by dhdesigns
Does anyone know why there are no interview slots in Blaine Washington? All the other US locations seem to have them (though some are WAY off in the future). They haven't opened any in Canadian locations, but it would certainly be easy enough to go to Blaine if only they had appointments.
Thanks!
Blaine opened appointments thru July. They opened up May appointments on 4/1 and last Friday they opened up June and July. I think each location has some discretion on when to allocate appointments and how often to open appointments. The good news is that since the appointments aren't released at a published time, you should be able to get an appointment when they go live as long as you check regularly. Demand is high, but these aren't like hot concert tickets. I have a reminder set to check twice a day, but once a day should be adequate. You can check on your phone too. When they opened appointments on Friday, there were still some available on Saturday. I suspect Blaine books up faster because so many of the other locations are in the middle of nowhere. Blaine has a lot of capacity, and has appointments open daily, whereas some of the smaller locations may only offer appointments a few days a week.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:06 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot.
I saw them booking Dec 2022 at one point, I'm guessing all filled. There should be openings once people start rescheduling or if Canada opens reschedule to go yyz may happen.
seawolf likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.