Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Remote Interviews for Global Entry [Renewals Only / Not Yet Available for NEXUS]

Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884

Remote Interview Pilot for Trusted Traveler Programs

Eligible Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) members can now complete enrollment interviews with a CBP officer through video teleconferencing, while ensuring that the remote interview process maintains high security and privacy standards.

Eligibility

Some renewing Global Entry members who are conditionally approved are eligible to participate in the pilot. Renewing NEXUS, FAST and SENTRI members will be integrated into the pilot through a phased approach. First-time TTP applicants are not yet eligible to participate. NEXUS and FAST-North interviews at Canadian enrollment centers remain suspended until further notice.

Criteria

To be eligible for the remote interview pilot, TTP members must:
  • Be conditionally approved for a TTP renewal;
  • Be at least 18 years of age;
  • Have a photo on file with CBP that was taken (1) within the past 10 years, and (2) after the applicant was 14 years of age; and
  • Have previously submitted fingerprints to CBP.
Scheduling a Remote Interview

To schedule a remote interview, eligible applicants may log into their TTP dashboard and select the Scheduling Your Remote Interview link. CBP recommends that applicants verify their e-mail address of record by using the Edit Profile link prior to scheduling a remote interview. Doing so will ensure that the applicant receives appointment details and reminders.

Technology Requirements

CBP will use Zoom for government videoconferencing software to conduct the remote interviews. Applicants should ensure that their computer, tablet, or smartphone has a working microphone and camera, and that their device is capable of running the Zoom platform prior to scheduling their interview appointment.

Document Requirements

Applicants who schedule remote interviews will be able to access a virtual waiting room up to 15 minutes prior to their scheduled interview time through their TTP dashboard or the CBP OneTM Mobile Application, available for free in the Apple App Store and Google Play. Interviews will take approximately 15 minutes. Applicants should be prepared to show the following documents during their remote interview:
  • A valid passport. Applicants should bring all of their current passports to the interview so the information can be added to their file.
  • Documents providing proof of residency. Such proof may include a driver's license, mortgage statement, rental payment statement, or utility bill that features the applicants current home address.
  • A permanent residence card (if applicable).
Print Wikipost

Remote Interviews for Global Entry [Renewals Only / Not Yet Available for NEXUS]

Old Mar 15, 2021, 3:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
I logged in today and I saw the option for remote interview, but there were no remote interview dates available at all.

However, I noticed that an extra year has been added to my account to do the interview. That is, you now seemingly get 2 years to complete the interview from the date when you get conditionally approved (YMMV).
CBP indicated conditional pending applications are active for 2 years due to COVID. Membership benefits for renewals have a 1 year grace period past expiration.
nk15 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 3:42 pm

I logged in today and I saw the option for remote interview, but there were no remote interview dates available at all.

However, I noticed that an extra year has been added to my account to do the interview. That is, you now seemingly get 2 years to complete the interview from the date when you get conditionally approved (YMMV).
Any chance you might be able to post a screen grab of the option for remote interview?
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by jrmstr33
Any chance you might be able to post a screen grab of the option for remote interview?
You have to click on "Schedule Interview" on your conditional approved application, and then you get this clickable screen, and choose "remote":

Schedule Appointment

* Appointment Type:
In-Person
Remote
(This option will allow applicants to interview through the video calling application Zoom. Remote interviews conducted through Zoom will require an applicant to have a Zoom compatible device with a functioning camera to participate.)

Actually, right now there are appointments (9 timeslots) available for March 20, hurry!

EDIT: Now all gone, in 5 minutes...

Last edited by nk15; Mar 15, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:41 pm

You have to click on "Schedule Interview" on your conditional approved application, and then you get this clickable screen, and choose "remote":

Schedule Appointment

* Appointment Type:
In-Person
Remote
(This option will allow applicants to interview through the video calling application Zoom. Remote interviews conducted through Zoom will require an applicant to have a Zoom compatible device with a functioning camera to participate.)

Actually, right now there are appointments (9 timeslots) available for March 20, hurry!
Thanks for sharing this. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to see this. When I click reschedule (I had scheduled a placeholder for SFO at the end of the month), I'm presented with this:

https://imgur.com/a/utWGv05

If I expand the United States list, it just shows availability of all the centers..
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for sharing this. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to see this. When I click reschedule (I had scheduled a placeholder for SFO at the end of the month), I'm presented with this:

If I expand the United States list, it just shows availability of all the centers..
There are four possibilities, I think, but these are just guesses:

1. Not available for already booked appointments to reschedule.
2. You have to cancel first for it to show
3.It is only available for those who have been conditionally approved a long time ago.
4. It is only available for those logging in with an IP address outside the country, like I am.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 5:03 pm

There are four possibilities, I think, but these are just guesses:

1. Not available for already booked appointments to reschedule.
2. You have to cancel first for it to show
3.It is only available for those who have been conditionally approved a long time ago.
4. It is only available for those logging in with an IP address outside the country, like I am.
Thanks. When I try to cancel the interview, it warns me at the very top "Cancellation of the interview appointment without rescheduling within the time frame allowed will result in automatic cancellation of the application. Consider rescheduling the interview instead of cancelling."

Does this mean my entire application is canceled and I have to start from scratch, including paying fees, etc? Just a bit confused by the verbiage. When I spoke to my local GE Center (SFO) they said it wouldn't cancel the app, but was too scared to try without any additional information.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that for sure, but I think the warning is pretty clear....
Old Mar 16, 2021, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Anyone seeing NEXUS remote interview availability? Glad that GE slots are starting to open. I think that is a good sign. I suspect coordinating with Canada adds an extra step to the NEXUS interview scheduling.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by ramcm7
Anyone seeing NEXUS remote interview availability? Glad that GE slots are starting to open. I think that is a good sign. I suspect coordinating with Canada adds an extra step to the NEXUS interview scheduling.
I was going to ask the same thing this Am lol
not seem any and been eating since Feb 2020 as wife and I were going to have our appointment in a week and all shut down

coordinating with Canada , do not think as an issue as NEXUS are still being approved back office and if they did virtual for NEXUS should not be an issue

will be interesting to see when it starts again and have so much backlog will need to do something or will always be backlogged
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:30 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold

I also have a placeholder SFO in-person interview for end of the month. When I click on the "Reschedule Interview" button, the next page says the following. If I select In-person, then the next page is the same as your screenshot.

Schedule Appointment

* Appointment Type:
In-Person
Remote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by qisu
I also have a placeholder SFO in-person interview for end of the month. When I click on the "Reschedule Interview" button, the next page says the following. If I select In-person, then the next page is the same as your screenshot.

Schedule Appointment

* Appointment Type:
In-Person
Remote
Thanks for this. My renewal must somehow not be eligible for a remote interview. I don't get the interim screen asking for in-person or remote.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:53 pm

just an update... i already got my new card in the mail

So I went from online application -> remote interview -> card in hand in 8 days. Since there is no San Diego location open, I would have had to drive to LA or wait till the next time I flew (thus not being able to use it at the US-Mexico border). Long story short, I would keep refreshing the remote interview availability as much as possible until one opens, as it is infinitely more convenient to do a 5 min interview on your phone from home . The officer told me they are still in pilot program but trying to rapidly expand it.

Good luck everyone!
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by alo53
just an update... i already got my new card in the mail

So I went from online application -> remote interview -> card in hand in 8 days. Since there is no San Diego location open, I would have had to drive to LA or wait till the next time I flew (thus not being able to use it at the US-Mexico border). Long story short, I would keep refreshing the remote interview availability as much as possible until one opens, as it is infinitely more convenient to do a 5 min interview on your phone from home . The officer told me they are still in pilot program but trying to rapidly expand it.

Good luck everyone!

was that for GE or NEXUS
thanks
Old Mar 19, 2021, 2:48 pm

As a US citizen nexus holder trying to complete an APEC interview, I have been checking both remote and in person interviews 3-4 times a day and have seen no availability since remote opened up, and no in person availability for about 5 months at any location
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by mrlogboy
was that for GE or NEXUS
thanks
GE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.