Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Proposed Application Fee Increase for Global Entry and NEXUS

Proposed Application Fee Increase for Global Entry and NEXUS

Old Dec 26, 20, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Originally Posted by iamflyer View Post
The proposed rule is open for comment through the end of the year so don't expect any news until early 2021. I also don't see any proposed rule for the NEXUS fee change yet, so I would expect that to take longer.
Comments closed Nov. 9. Looks like 37 comments were received. https://www.regulations.gov/docketBr...SCBP-2020-0035

I haven't read the comments, but with that few and the comment period closed, I would expect the final rule to be issued before Jan. 20, 2021.

Daughter turns 18 this coming year and GE expires on her 19th birthday . . . guess I'll miss the free renewal for her.
Old Dec 26, 20, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy View Post
Comments closed Nov. 9. Looks like 37 comments were received. https://www.regulations.gov/docketBr...SCBP-2020-0035

I haven't read the comments, but with that few and the comment period closed, I would expect the final rule to be issued before Jan. 20, 2021.

Daughter turns 18 this coming year and GE expires on her 19th birthday . . . guess I'll miss the free renewal for her.
The original version had comments due on November 9th but on November 30th they posted a corrected version. Comments are due on December 31st.
Old Jan 19, 21, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Bonvoy Plat Life, Amtrak S+, HH, Delta
I'm wondering if anyone here has any insight on when this might actually go into effect now that the comment period is closed?
Old Jan 31, 21, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA, v.club
Finally, they harmonized the pricing between GE and SENTRI, I never really understood the reasoning between the $22.50 difference in pricing when both programs are give you the same thing. The only difference being is that the enrollment centers are different.Seeing the $22.50 difference I decided to get GE which offered more enrollment centers than SENTRI. I won't quibble over $22.50, but the availability of enrollment centers for GE presented a far better deal than driving down to San Diego/Calexico or Arizona in the worst case.

Now if SENTRI applications can be pushed at existing GE enrollment centers then the distinction between them is non-existent.

Am I missing something?

Last edited by i0wnj00; Jan 31, 21 at 1:10 pm
Old Jan 31, 21, 4:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
Now if SENTRI applications can be pushed at existing GE enrollment centers then the distinction between them is non-existent.

Am I missing something?
The topic of this thread is the proposed application fee increases for the various Trusted Travelers program.

For indexing and future search purposes, please discuss the differences, similarities and advantages of Global Entry and SENTRI in the following thread:Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 26, 21, 9:22 am

Here we are at the end of March and I've heard not a peep anywhere about this change. I'm curious if anyone has any further insight?
Old Mar 26, 21, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
CBP does not have new political leadership yet, and DHS's secretary was just confirmed. My guess is that the final rule is awaiting for either a confirmed CBP director or perhaps for this issue to work its way up to the DHS secretary, who is currently likely consumed with events near the border with Mexico.
sxpsxpsxp and Often1 like this.
Old Mar 27, 21, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy View Post
CBP does not have new political leadership yet, and DHS's secretary was just confirmed. My guess is that the final rule is awaiting for either a confirmed CBP director or perhaps for this issue to work its way up to the DHS secretary, who is currently likely consumed with events near the border with Mexico.
Thanks for putting it in perspective. Your reasoning makes sense.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: