FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   NEXUS Kiosks at YYZ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/2021677-nexus-kiosks-yyz.html)

GateGuardian Jul 9, 2020 2:13 pm

NEXUS Kiosks at YYZ

I flew a couple of times into YYZ in May and noticed they installed new Nexus machines. There's a symbol in the front of the machine that looks like you can just tap your Nexus card, but it didn't work for me. I had to slide my card in to get it scanned? Is this a future feature or my card is broken?

Jebby_ca Jul 10, 2020 8:27 am

I've found those new machines hit and miss... So many people had trouble using the new machines when I was there back in March.

I much prefer the new machines at YVR.

zontar2010 Jul 15, 2020 1:41 pm

Does anyone know the status of the Nexus kiosks at YYZ international arrivals?

Good Evening / Afternoon,

Does anyone know the status of the Nexus kiosks at YYZ international arrivals? I understand I will get checked for symptoms of Covid and need to fill out a form stating where I will be quarantining however I need to know if I have to fill out that customs card again on the airplane. I can can find searching is that they are re-opening the interview centres.

Cheers,

ZT

GateGuardian Jul 16, 2020 11:35 am

Originally Posted by zontar2010 (Post 32534114)
Good Evening / Afternoon,

Does anyone know the status of the Nexus kiosks at YYZ international arrivals? I understand I will get checked for symptoms of Covid and need to fill out a form stating where I will be quarantining however I need to know if I have to fill out that customs card again on the airplane. I can can find searching is that they are re-opening the interview centres.

Cheers,

ZT

You can use the ArriveCAN app to fill out the health questionnaire before you land. Once you get to customs, you can use the electronic kiosks instead of customs card. When you hand you receipt to the custom agent, they will have a PIN you can enter on your ArriveCAN app that will transfer the electronic form. If you don't want to use the app, they have someone handing out health forms when you deplane.

Finkface Jul 16, 2020 11:54 am

Originally Posted by GateGuardian (Post 32536297)
You can use the ArriveCAN app to fill out the health questionnaire before you land. Once you get to customs, you can use the electronic kiosks instead of customs card. When you hand you receipt to the custom agent, they will have a PIN you can enter on your ArriveCAN app that will transfer the electronic form. If you don't want to use the app, they have someone handing out health forms when you deplane.

When I landed at YVR, I had filled out the form on the ArriveCan app. It saves your information and to complete the final step, you must enter a token number. The token numbers were printed on big cards taped onto each of the desks where people were filling out the paper forms. Once entered, it gave me a confirmation number which I had to show to a screener before they would even let me in to the immigration area. So before even getting to the point of either the Nexus or regular kiosks and the lines to see CBSA. All of that happens pre-CBSA and way before the Customs form hand-in.