Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Deadline to Complete Trusted Travelers Enrollment Interviews Extended due to COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, CBP extended the period of time that Trusted Traveler Program applications remain active. All applicants now have TWO YEARS from the date that CBP conditionally approves their application to complete the enrollment process. In addition, CBP will extend the Trusted Traveler Program benefits of members who apply for renewal before their current membership expires pending the final approval of the renewal application.

Print Wikipost

Deadline to Complete Trusted Travelers Enrollment Interviews Extended due to COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2020, 1:24 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
That makes more sense, unfortunately for me that only takes me to mid-December and I'm not sure we will be travelling by then. I suppose that if travel doesn't pick up by then, they could extend it again but I won't hold my breath.

I do have a trip speculatively planned for February but if they don't extend it, and I put in a new application when the first one expires, I don't suppose we would get CA by February - we'll see.
Old May 31, 2020, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
OP here. Last week I received a notice stating -

"Due to a significant increase in application volume, U.S. Customs and Border Protection is extending the grace period from 6 months to 1 year for any Trusted Traveler member who has a valid membership and who has submitted a renewal application. This means you will continue to receive full benefits for 1 year while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing your renewal application."

Will continue on with Plan A, which is interview on international arrival into SEA. All west coast appointments continue to be unavailable through the next 18 months, so this will be a good reason to take a "test" trip abroad somewhere once this virus calms down a little.

Last edited by TWA884; May 31, 2020 at 11:49 pm Reason: Strike out outdated information
Old May 31, 2020, 11:47 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

Please keep in mind that this is an informational forum and try not to post outdated and/or incorrect information.

Let me reiterate that Trusted Traveler Program benefits of members who apply for renewal before their current membership expires will be extended for up to 18 months from the original expiration date pending the final approval of the renewal application.
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 4, 2020, 8:13 pm

Is the extension not updated in the system? I got CA on 16/05, and my dashboard says "Schedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you do not select an appointment date by May 17, 2021, your application will be deleted from the system. You will be required to resubmit your application and pay the application fee again."
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
I'm in the same situation, I got CA on 11th June, dashboard says I have 1 year to complete.

Is it only certain applicants getting an extension?
Old Jul 17, 2020, 1:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michab
Is the extension not updated in the system? I got CA on 16/05, and my dashboard says "Schedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you do not select an appointment date by May 17, 2021, your application will be deleted from the system. You will be required to resubmit your application and pay the application fee again."
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
I'm in the same situation, I got CA on 11th June, dashboard says I have 1 year to complete.

Is it only certain applicants getting an extension?
They may not have updated each applicant's account, however, the extension applies to everyone:

CBP Postpones Reopening of Trusted Traveler Programs Enrollment Centers
Release Date: July 1, 2020

WASHINGTON — CBP decided today to postpone the previously announced reopening of Trusted Traveler Programs Enrollment Centers until at least August 10, 2020 to ensure the health and safety of program applicants.

The decision was made in consultation with CBP health and safety experts who are closely monitoring the recent rise in COVID-19 cases in several states. CBP’s highest priority is to ensure the health, safety and security of the American people.

Trusted Traveler Programs applicants who scheduled interviews at enrollment centers in July and early August must reschedule their appointments on or after August 10 by logging into their Trusted Traveler Programs account and using the online scheduling tool.

CBP reminds the public that the agency took measures earlier this year to minimize the impact of the temporary enrollment centers closure on Trusted Traveler Program applicants. Each applicant now has 545 days from the date that CBP conditionally approves his or her application to complete the enrollment process. In addition, CBP will extend for up to 18 months the Trusted Traveler Program benefits of members who apply for renewal before their current membership expires.

CBP’s Enrollment on Arrival program will remain operational. This program is the best option for conditionally approved Global Entry applicants to complete the enrollment process without pre-scheduling an interview at an enrollment center.

Trusted Traveler Programs support CBP’s mission of securing U.S. borders while facilitating lawful travel and trade. These innovative programs allow more than nine million pre-approved, low-risk travelers to bypass traditional CBP inspection lines and receive expedited processing when entering the United States.

*Updated 7/16/2020 to indicate that CBP further extended the time TTP applicants have to complete the enrollment process . All TTP applicants now have 545 days from the date they are conditionally approved to complete the enrollment process. Before July 16, 2020, TTP applicants had 485 days from the date they were conditionally approved to complete the enrollment process.

Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
"Every applicant now has 545 days from the date that CBP conditionally approves his or her application..."
mine (daughter) is still showing a year from approval... what a cluster.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I'm confused.... my wife applied for renewal and was conditionally approved Jan 2020-so she has 545 days from that date-correct? Not 18 months after she would have expired-which is actually much farther. Her expiration is Dec 2020.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I'm confused.... my wife applied for renewal and was conditionally approved Jan 2020-so she has 545 days from that date-correct? Not 18 months after she would have expired-which is actually much farther. Her expiration is Dec 2020.
New applicants now have 545 days following the conditional approval in which to complete the enrollment process. Members applying for renewal will continue to receive Trusted Travelers Programs benefits for up to eighteen months pending the final approval of their renewal applications. Renewing members have always enjoyed longer deadlines to complete their applications. That's why the announcement is worded with "In addition" before describing the deadline extension for renewing members.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by TWA884
New applicants now have 545 days following the conditional approval in which to complete the enrollment process. Members applying for renewal will continue to receive Trusted Travelers Programs benefits for up to eighteen months pending the final approval of their renewal applications. Renewing members have always enjoyed longer deadlines to complete their applications. That's why the announcement is worded with "In addition" before describing the deadline extension for renewing members.

Thanks...she's renewing so should be good 18 months after her Dec 2020 expiration. I appreciate the explanation.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by lindros2
"Every applicant now has 545 days from the date that CBP conditionally approves his or her application..."
mine (daughter) is still showing a year from approval... what a cluster.
I checked again yesterday, and that's still showing as being the case for me too, 1 year from approval to complete the process. Whilst I wouldn't completely to rule out me travelling ti the USA before next June, it's looking unlikely. I may look at the possibility of doing the interview in Toronto next year. It shouldn't be difficult for the 545 days to be added to the Portal
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:42 am

TTP Interview Extensions?

Hey everyone

After a lot of searching I keep finding conflicting answers to this question, so was hoping someone here might know the real answer. I'm a UK Citizen who got conditional approval for TTP / Global Entry in April. Of course currently there's no way for me to fly to the US to do an interview. On the TTP Website when I log in it says if I don't schedule an interview by 21 April 2021 my application will be deleted. But I had similarly read online that you actually have 550 odd days to schedule an interview.

So which is it?! Anyone know? Thanks in advance
Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:23 am

I emailed to to get some clarity on this. Going by the reply I received, the extended 545 days, applies (Although it doesn't show when I got into the dashboard), I must admit, i'd be happier if the dashboard reflected this.

Thank you for contacting the CBP Traveler Communications Center.
https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1378

Enrollment Center availability for appointments varies, and there can be a long wait, depending on the location. All centers may accommodate walk ins at their discretion.

If you cannot make an appointment within your desired timeframe, you can try to call the EC to inquire about availability for walk-ins. Check your TTP account often, as there are sometimes cancellations that may open up availability. Alternatively, you can look at another EC that may have more availability. We see the same availability that you do.

Global Entry applicants can also participate in our Enrollment on Arrival pilot. No appointment is needed. Information can be found here: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival

Failure to schedule an appointment will result in the application being cancelled. You must schedule an interview from your TTP dashboard within 545 days of conditional approval, or your application will be cancelled.

Contact information can be found here:
Global Entry Enrollment Centers: http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/enrollment-centers

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Traveler Communications Center.

Originally Posted by mediamonkey
Hey everyone

After a lot of searching I keep finding conflicting answers to this question, so was hoping someone here might know the real answer. I'm a UK Citizen who got conditional approval for TTP / Global Entry in April. Of course currently there's no way for me to fly to the US to do an interview. On the TTP Website when I log in it says if I don't schedule an interview by 21 April 2021 my application will be deleted. But I had similarly read online that you actually have 550 odd days to schedule an interview.

So which is it?! Anyone know? Thanks in advance
Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:41 am

The deadline to complete the enrollment interview is now two years.

From the Trusted Traveler Programs Frequently Asked Questions:
I have been conditionally approved for a Trusted Traveler Program and would like to schedule an appointment for my interview.

You must complete enrollment within 730 days of receiving your conditional approval. Not scheduling and completing the interview will result in cancelation of the application and no refunds will be granted.
How soon should I complete my interview through Enrollment on Arrival or schedule my appointment at an Enrollment Center?

You should complete the interview as soon as possible after conditional approval. Failing to attend the interview and completing the process within 730 days from the date of conditional approval will result in your application being cancelled.
What happens if I don't schedule an appointment or complete an interview?

You must complete enrollment within 730 days of receiving your conditional approval. Not scheduling and completing the interview will result in cancelation of the application and no refunds will be granted.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 8:34 am

This is great news !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.