Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

[Now Open] All CBP TTP Enrollment Centers closed until at least September 8, 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now Open] All CBP TTP Enrollment Centers closed until at least September 8, 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:10 am
Original Poster

My Global Entry interview was supposed to be this March. I got an email just now saying:

FYI,

Effective March 19, 2020, out of an abundance of caution and in the interest of minimizing exposure and controlling the spread of the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak, all US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Program Enrollment Centers will suspend operations until at least May 1, 2020. This temporary closure includes all public access to Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST enrollment locations. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience through this process.

CBPO Matthew Weimer
Chicago O’Hare Airport
Chicago, IL
----------

I hope that they later prioritize rescheduling those whose interviews were cancelled. Either that, or extend the deadline further for getting an interview.
mrlogboy likes this.

Last edited by madraida; Mar 19, 2020 at 9:24 am
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:34 am

Sadly I did not get an email (or my wife ) for our nexus appointment but found out by checking Appointment daily And was canceled Tuesdays and was able to reschedule for may. My only worry is you have 365 days to complete the appointment and for me 365 days will be July. And we were only approved in February
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrlogboy
Sadly I did not get an email (or my wife ) for our nexus appointment but found out by checking Appointment daily And was canceled Tuesdays and was able to reschedule for may. My only worry is you have 365 days to complete the appointment and for me 365 days will be July. And we were only approved in February
At least you were able to reschedule. All 3 Chicago locations are showing "No appointments available for this location".

I hope your interview schedule goes through.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:52 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by mrlogboy
It's 365 days following the conditional approval, not the date of the initial application. If you were approved in February, you have till 2021 to complete your enrollment interview. I strongly suspect that the deadline for completing the enrollment interviews will be extended.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:51 pm

I was approved 5 days after applying and my wife was 7 months later. I did not go on my own as was the interview office is 8 hours away. And was told at the time would be not longer. My original appointment was at the beginning of April now been canceled and could canceled again till sept .
we will see
saw today that if you fly and your drivers license has expired you can still use it (domestic travel I guess). And this will stay until 90 days after the all clear is given
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: NEXUS
Yeah, I logged into the website to check if anything had happened to my appointment in April and saw that it had just vanished. But I also saw the notice about the closures on the main page so I just rescheduled for mid-may. Ah well, I guess my dad will just have to wait to see me until then lol.
mrlogboy likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:51 pm

Programs: CBP
We just got that email this morning. I posted last night about our EC still being open as usual.

Entry on Arrival still available though

until they close the borders altogether
TWA884 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
GE interview cancelled by DHS

Learned last week (upon login) that my daughter's renewal interview was cancelled by DHS MCO (Orlando).
"Reason for cancellation" was blank.
Nearly sure this is due to COVID-19.
Anyone else?
Also they did not change the schedule-interview-by date (one year from conditional approval).
Old Mar 29, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by lindros2
Learned last week (upon login) that my daughter's renewal interview was cancelled by DHS MCO (Orlando).
"Reason for cancellation" was blank.
Nearly sure this is due to COVID-19.
Anyone else?
Also they did not change the schedule-interview-by date (one year from conditional approval).
Please read the Wiki at the top of the below thread for details:
Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability
Old May 29, 2020, 12:10 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Updated May 28, 2020.

Effective March 20, 2020, out of an abundance of caution and in the interest of minimizing exposure and controlling the spread of the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak, all US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Program Enrollment Centers will suspend operations until at least July 6, 2020. This temporary closure includes all public access to Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST enrollment locations. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience through this process. Enrollment on Arrival remains operational at participating airports. For locations please visit https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I do wonder if the July 6 closure date will be modified again?

I live in OR, but have my interview scheduled for late-July in Austin, TX. I scheduled this right at the height of covid. I wonder if I should just reschedule, or wait till closer to the date. Luckily, my flight and hotel are both rebookable.

I was supposed to have my interview on arrival last April but of course flights were all canceled. It will be one year since application by this October, and it won't be until January that I have another international flight. Sigh.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by hikouki
I do wonder if the July 6 closure date will be modified again?

I live in OR, but have my interview scheduled for late-July in Austin, TX. I scheduled this right at the height of covid. I wonder if I should just reschedule, or wait till closer to the date. Luckily, my flight and hotel are both rebookable.

I was supposed to have my interview on arrival last April but of course flights were all canceled. It will be one year since application by this October, and it won't be until January that I have another international flight. Sigh.
You now have 485 days from conditional approval date to complete your interview.

Deadline to Complete Trusted Travelers Enrollment Interviews Extended due to COVID-19
Old Jul 1, 2020, 2:16 pm

The announcement on the TTP website has been updated:
Out of an abundance of caution and in the interest of minimizing exposure and controlling the spread of the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak, all US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Program Enrollment Centers will suspend operations until at least August 10, 2020. This temporary closure includes all public access to Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST enrollment locations. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience through this process. Enrollment on Arrival remains operational at participating airports.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by TWA884
The announcement on the TTP website has been updated:
I just scored a mid-August interview for my daughter. Folks think I should push to September?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Ugh! My husband just drove to SFO for his appointment today and found out they are all closed. We did not get any email or see any notice. Guess I should have checked FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.