Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

[Updated] Trusted Travelers Programs Reinstated for NY State Residents

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Updated] Trusted Travelers Programs Reinstated for NY State Residents

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
According to the TSA Pre✓® FAQ page:So far, New York residents are still eligible for TSA Pre✓ membership.
Yes, but the poser of the question is a Canadian citizen, resident in NY (so has lost GE or Nexus) and is not a U.S. LPR (presumably in the U.S. on a N, H-1B or some other work visa) let alone a U.S. citizen which is why they (singular) asked the question.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:44 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Yes, but the poser of the question is a Canadian citizen, resident in NY (so has lost GE or Nexus) and is not a U.S. LPR (presumably in the U.S. on a N, H-1B or some other work visa) let alone a U.S. citizen which is why they (singular) asked the question.
Yes, I caught that and edited my post probably while you were composing your response.

It is impossible to answer jix's question without additional information, e.g., whether they are permanently domiciled in Canada. If that were the case, jix may be eligible to apply for NEXUS as a Canadian resident. That question, however, is best asked in The NEXUS Information Thread.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:52 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by TWA884
Yes, I caught that and edited my post probably while you were composing your response.

It is impossible to answer jix's question without additional information, e.g., whether they are permanently domiciled in Canada. If that were the case, jix may be eligible to apply for NEXUS as a Canadian resident. That question, however, is best asked in The NEXUS Information Thread.
I assume I'm in the minority here, being temporary residing in NY as Canadian. Without nexus it's not possible to have any form of GE, TSA-Pre or even APEC so it's pretty moot. That's why I was questioning why Canada cannot at least have its own expediated entry. Contacting US officials seems out of place too given I have nothing to do with the politics.

I can apply/renew my expiring nexus again with a Canadian address and I presume it'll get to the interview stage, but then at that point I'll still have to say I currently live in NY and the application will be removed again, so there's really nothing I can do but rant.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by N104UA
Are you disputing the charge on your CC?
I paid with my Chase Sapphire Reserve, so I received my $100 statement credit in Sept. However, when the dust settles and hopefully when my right to get Global Entry is restored, I will notify Chase. Since my application was canceled, I want the ability to get use my credit again. I'm calling Chase later on today.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by nyc_eagles
How do you even get a refund?

Great that my kid can’t get GE now after waiting months for her to get approved. I’m going to charge back mine and my wife’s GE too because we won’t be able to use it.
No idea but I logged online and my application has been completely deleted. It was conditionally approved with my interview scheduled but its completely gone. Cant believe it, so many months of waiting. Pure joke on both ends.

The excuse that they couldnt check me is invalid since I was conditionally approved, what did they do for over half a year then??

I checked and my credit card did not get the refund yet. Not sure how they will handle it since I was reimbursed for it already, does chase keep the $100 and I now lose the $100 credit in the future?

very frustrating all around, especially knowing people who applied from other states getting approved in a week or two after i applied
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
If your not a NY state resident, can you still schedule interviews at NY offices?

Has anyone heard anything back on this yet? The office in my state doesn’t have appointments until August but I’ll be in New York next week and they have appointments open everyday.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JayCarr
Has anyone heard anything back on this yet? The office in my state doesn’t have appointments until August but I’ll be in New York next week and they have appointments open everyday.
If they have open appointment spots, then best to take them up sooner than later. EOA still works at JFK and EWR, and it seems like Bowling Green is still staffed for enrollment interviews.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:46 am
J S

New York Times says "New Yorkers seeking to renew their memberships have until the end of the year to do so." I cannot find any other source to confirm this, so it may be wrong. Anyone else find updated guidance that agrees with the Times?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/10/n...entry-ban.html

UPDATE: The Times updated their article to say that renewals are not permitted.

Last edited by J S; Feb 11, 2020 at 8:26 am Reason: Added update
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by J S
New York Times says "New Yorkers seeking to renew their memberships have until the end of the year to do so." I cannot find any other source to confirm this, so it may be wrong. Anyone else find updated guidance that agrees with the Times?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/10/n...entry-ban.html
Unless I'm missing something I don't see anything on that NYT article saying memberships can be renewed until the end of the year.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by AUSNYCflyer
Unless I'm missing something I don't see anything on that NYT article saying memberships can be renewed until the end of the year.
it was there, looks like the article has been edited to remove that wrong info about renewal.

also if you go to your ttp dash, it now links to a dhs press release, which mentions refunds
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by dr benway
also if you go to your ttp dash, it now links to a dhs press release, which mentions refunds
I don't see this press release on my TTP dashboard. Wondering if I should dispute my relatively recent $50 NEXUS application fee.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 3:27 pm

How about Global Entry Enrollment for a foreigner, residing in NYC??

Hey guys,

Sorry if I found the wrong forum or if the relevant thread already exists but I am just wondering what will happen to a foreigner, a resident of New York State, who recently applied for Global Entry (myself)?

Long story short, I'm a South Korean citizen but currently live in NYC under work visa (H1B). To apply for Global Entry, I had to go through separate Korean local process a month ago (which required me to obtain my local criminal record and submit) then received PASSID, which I used to pay fee on TTP website. Since then, I have been obviously under review without CA.

Since the announcement, I checked my status every day but neither it has changed (still pending review) nor my application disappeared. I just had a chance to speak with one of the representatives at CBP ((877) 227-5511) today and he told me that all the cancellations have already been made. When I asked him why my status didn't change despite the fact that I'm a resident of NY and have New York driver license, he couldn't really tell me why (FYI - I have lived in NYC for more than 3 years and swapped my MA license with NY one as soon as I moved).

So... does anyone know what is happening here...? I even asked the rep whether this is happening in a batch so I should expect to see my app getting wiped out soon but he clearly seemed to believe that all the cancellations have already been communicated. I'm wondering whether I should just wait out and hope they approve my app without an issue or this whole thing gets reversed by the time they actually pull up my app and provide CA. Or should I try to dispute this charge and get my money back???

I know this is probably a long shot but hopefully someone on this forum is in a similar situation and knows more about this... Appreciate any help!!!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:21 pm
jix

Originally Posted by choseon0315
Hey guys,

Sorry if I found the wrong forum or if the relevant thread already exists but I am just wondering what will happen to a foreigner, a resident of New York State, who recently applied for Global Entry (myself)?

Long story short, I'm a South Korean citizen but currently live in NYC under work visa (H1B). To apply for Global Entry, I had to go through separate Korean local process a month ago (which required me to obtain my local criminal record and submit) then received PASSID, which I used to pay fee on TTP website. Since then, I have been obviously under review without CA.

Since the announcement, I checked my status every day but neither it has changed (still pending review) nor my application disappeared. I just had a chance to speak with one of the representatives at CBP ((877) 227-5511) today and he told me that all the cancellations have already been made. When I asked him why my status didn't change despite the fact that I'm a resident of NY and have New York driver license, he couldn't really tell me why (FYI - I have lived in NYC for more than 3 years and swapped my MA license with NY one as soon as I moved).

So... does anyone know what is happening here...? I even asked the rep whether this is happening in a batch so I should expect to see my app getting wiped out soon but he clearly seemed to believe that all the cancellations have already been communicated. I'm wondering whether I should just wait out and hope they approve my app without an issue or this whole thing gets reversed by the time they actually pull up my app and provide CA. Or should I try to dispute this charge and get my money back???

I know this is probably a long shot but hopefully someone on this forum is in a similar situation and knows more about this... Appreciate any help!!!
On your application did you list NY address as home? I think that's the criteria they used to cancel applications. Mine was removed and that was the only link with NY (along with employment location)
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by jix
On your application did you list NY address as home? I think that's the criteria they used to cancel applications. Mine was removed and that was the only link with NY (along with employment location)
Unfortunately I cannot review my app at this point [since our app must be done through Smart Entry Service Korea and I can't open the app that's been already submitted (basically Korean version of Global Entry)] but I'm sure I listed NY address as my current "resident" address and Greenwich, CT as my work address.

I actually don't know what the app looks like on TTP but do you have a separate blank for your "permanent" address? Just asking as my NY address cannot ever be my permanent address given I'm not "permanent" resident (not a Greencard holder)... Maybe I'm over-complicating things - they could have just looked up every applicant who submitted TTP form with NY state address and cancelled, and later on they might cancel mine as well I guess...

My boss also tried to use NJ address (his other house) instead but when he spoke with CBP, they apparently told him if one has ever held NY driver license within [5] years, your process will be simply terminated. Not sure whether anyone heard the same thing?

If you are in a similar situation and have more color than I, please share!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:50 pm
jix

Originally Posted by choseon0315
Unfortunately I cannot review my app at this point [since our app must be done through Smart Entry Service Korea and I can't open the app that's been already submitted (basically Korean version of Global Entry)] but I'm sure I listed NY address as my current "resident" address and Greenwich, CT as my work address.

I actually don't know what the app looks like on TTP but do you have a separate blank for your "permanent" address? Just asking as my NY address cannot ever be my permanent address given I'm not "permanent" resident (not a Greencard holder)... Maybe I'm over-complicating things - they could have just looked up every applicant who submitted TTP form with NY state address and cancelled, and later on they might cancel mine as well I guess...

My boss also tried to use NJ address (his other house) instead but when he spoke with CBP, they apparently told him if one has ever held NY driver license within [5] years, your process will be simply terminated. Not sure whether anyone heard the same thing?

If you are in a similar situation and have more color than I, please share!
There's not much anyone can do but to wait it out, we're only 7 days in anyway. If your application gets to the interview stage, then you'll find out based on the manual review.

There's no permanent address designation in TTP, only home and mailing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.