Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

DHS Secretary Suspending Trusted Travelers Programs for NY State Residents

DHS Secretary Suspending Trusted Travelers Programs for NY State Residents

Old Feb 6, 20, 4:37 pm

I live in NYC and my wife and I both have global entry. Does this mean our Global Entry is cancelled, or does this mean that only new applicants will be cancelled?

Also, my wife needs to do a name change for her global entry as we got married last year... will this affect that?
Old Feb 6, 20, 4:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT View Post
I live in NYC and my wife and I both have global entry. Does this mean our Global Entry is cancelled, or does this mean that only new applicants will be cancelled?

Also, my wife needs to do a name change for her global entry as we got married last year... will this affect that?
According to maninblack, a CBP officer who posted earlier in this thread, current Trusted Traveler memberships of New York state residents remain valid until their expiration. New membership and renewal applications will not be processed.

If I were in your shoes, I'd wait with the name change until the dust settles.
Old Feb 6, 20, 6:57 pm

I applied almost 8 months ago, yes 8 months ago, finally got conditional approval 2 weeks ago and interview in 1.5 months from now since that was the soonest

I'm excited to get my refund and have to reapply and wait another 8 months.....NOT
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by toasty22 View Post
I applied almost 8 months ago, yes 8 months ago, finally got conditional approval 2 weeks ago and interview in 1.5 months from now since that was the soonest

I'm excited to get my refund and have to reapply and wait another 8 months.....NOT
How do you even get a refund?

Great that my kid canít get GE now after waiting months for her to get approved. Iím going to charge back mine and my wifeís GE too because we wonít be able to use it.
Old Feb 6, 20, 10:04 pm

Programs: CBP
If you already got GE, you were already "vetted."

We can't "vet" current applicants because of NY state rules with DHS and all that.

That's my theory at least.
Old Feb 6, 20, 10:06 pm

Programs: CBP
Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT View Post

Is it just a new name change, or passport too?

If it's just the name, we don't care. It's still her on the passport.

If it's a new passport, that's an easy update that all GE Officers can do. Not affected by this hoopla.
Old Feb 7, 20, 1:05 am

NY resident. checking my TTP dashboard, my July 2019 application has been deleted by CBP

there is a tab for further info, but it has no information there

<redacted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 7, 20 at 8:37 am Reason: Political commentary belongs in OMNI/PR (access is limited to members who've been on FT for 180 days & posted 180 messages)
Old Feb 7, 20, 7:22 am

I'm in a situation where I have already done my interview (they made an exception due to the fact that it was held at my employer site) and am pending CA. What this means for me, who knows.
Old Feb 7, 20, 11:53 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by the phoenix View Post
NYer here:

My issue is what if you're in the enrollment stage? We have conditional approval and an interview pending in March... DHS gladly charged our credit card and charged us. If this stays as is, we better get our cash back.
The article linked doesn't say anything about refunds, but is quite clear that you will not be getting approved. Sorry, this seems like a ridiculous situation.
"He expects this to impact initially approximately 50,000-80,000 New Yorkers immediately -- noting that 50,000 individuals have been conditionally approved, but have not completed their interview who will be "cut off." He added 30,000 New York residents are currently pending the vetting process."
Old Feb 7, 20, 12:10 pm

I wonder if updating new passport info on the GE website is an issue if your GE is still valid for another few years. So not a renewal.
Old Feb 7, 20, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA: Plat; HH: Diamond; Bonvoy: Gold;
NY Resident here. Pending NEXUS application was in system yesterday. Today it is gone. Nothing in the Notices section, either. I was at Champlain CBP office 1/31/20 where my girlfriend had her NEXUS interview. She got an approval email right after, but still doesn't have the card. An officer looked up my application and said the US side had reviewed and were waiting for Canadian review to grant Conditional Approval. Mine is all gone. I was upgrading from GE and still have a couple years, so I am good. But, damn.
Old Feb 7, 20, 2:09 pm

NY resident here. My renewal for GE has been pending in the system since 91/19

My application was pending yesterday - by this afternoon, it was gone.
Old Feb 7, 20, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Cat88L3 View Post
I'm a NY resident. I applied for GE renewal on 9/1/19. My application has been pending ever since. I checked for my status this morning and my entire application is gone. It has been deleted.
So srry for your loss.
Old Feb 7, 20, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Cat88L3 View Post
I'm a NY resident. I applied for GE renewal on 9/1/19. My application has been pending ever since. I checked for my status this morning and my entire application is gone. It has been deleted.
Have any relatives in Florida?
Old Feb 7, 20, 3:50 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, WS Silver, AS MVP Gold
Nexus renewal removed today.

Anyone knows if one can get TSA Pre as Canadian without going through Nexus?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: